PDA

View Full Version : Anyone succesfuly mod an Egg to have...

Carbon
08-11-2004, 01:07 AM
active agitation ? Like that of a richochet. By mod i mean to replace the eye system with the peizo feeler switch. I suppose you could just buy an apache, but modding is funner.

Lurker27
08-11-2004, 11:42 AM
I'm creating a board that's sound activated, adjustable 0-18V, and has a little trick to put preloaded pressure on the ball stack. :ninja:

xen_100
08-11-2004, 12:47 PM
doesn't the egg already spin every time you shoot anyway? if it doesn't spin no more paint will get fed, unlike a revy.

Lurker27
08-12-2004, 01:00 AM
It spins everytime you shoot because balls only fall down via gravity bout half the time...all eye based systems are reactive (HALO gets around it with the spring)

It needs to be proactive, and sound activation does that.

Bucky
08-12-2004, 02:34 AM
about a year and a half ago, i saw an egg that had inteli feed on it. i think robert moon, the master angel tech from sacramento did it, but dont quote me on it.

gc82000
08-12-2004, 02:55 AM
You would have to run an egg on intelli in order for it to feed fast enough on an Angel. On my team every one who had an egg either sold it or swapped one for a HaloB. I cannot handle an egg on my Angel it was chopping paint and misfeeding. Worse game I ever had with my Angel

xen_100
08-12-2004, 11:03 AM
It spins everytime you shoot because balls only fall down via gravity bout half the time...all eye based systems are reactive (HALO gets around it with the spring)

It needs to be proactive, and sound activation does that.

also, the halo does not wait for a gap in the paint to start the motor. it actually sees the paint move and starts the motor right away.......it is not completely proactive, but alot less reactive than the egg or revy.

Lurker27
08-12-2004, 06:17 PM
The spring prewind makes it proactive, though. My board puts maximum force on the ball before the chamber is even fully open.

xen_100
08-12-2004, 06:35 PM
I'm not arguing with you, the Halo is a great hopper. and the pre sprung feed cup does a really good job of keeping the paint coming. I was jsut adding the fact that even though it has eyes, it does not use them in the same way the VL products do. it does not wait for a gap in the feed neck to spinning. if it did then the spring would just unwind and you would be back to square one.

gc82000
08-12-2004, 08:04 PM
Ok did a little bit more reading on this subject and this is what I found. Halo use a sort of 'wave" eye, that is how it was described to me. It works like this when the eye notices a change in the ball shape it spins or starts to a spin. So the eye looks for movement of the ball to tell it to spin and not a gap.

Hope this helps. :confused:

Lurker27
08-12-2004, 11:58 PM
Xen, I wasn't trying to argue, merely clarifying what I meant.

BTW: Big fan of the franken spyder.