PDA

View Full Version : why AO is better than PBN

JrnyFan1985
08-11-2004, 02:23 AM
i have no idea why any respectable forum (that's why PBN isn't a respectable forum) would allow a person on a forum to not only encourage cheating in a game, but explain how to do it effectively. Clink on the link and you'll know what i'm talking about.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?threadid=243653

ProX9
08-11-2004, 03:42 AM
part of the goodness of AO is the non hate environment, stop hating on pbn, because all it does is get ao guys going to pbn and riling them up.

Paintball_4_Fun
08-11-2004, 04:29 AM
i have no idea why any respectable forum (that's why PBN isn't a respectable forum) would allow a person on a forum to not only encourage cheating in a game, but explain how to do it effectively. Clink on the link and you'll know what i'm talking about.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?threadid=243653

I wiped 2 times today . Then I flushed . and washed my hands.. :wow:
Its the people that wipe with there hands that scare me. :tard: :wow:

paullus99
08-11-2004, 06:27 AM
Wow - it really scares me to see how many people find this to be acceptable behavior. Its going to be hard for most people of ever consider tournament ball to be a legitimate sport if that's the attitude of most of the players.

At least I have a ready-made list of people never to play with....

LittlePaintballBoy
08-11-2004, 09:30 AM
Then tourney ball will never be considered a legitmate sport. There is so much cheating and wiping and all that crap in tourney ball it is insane. At a tourney I was just at the same player wiped hits from the same guy off his same leg, twice. And in play view of the crowd. The crowd yelled, but the ref didn't see it so they didn't get the call. TYourney balers DO CHEAT. Just get used to it. It seems like a daily occourance now to have people whining and crying about PBN, cheaters and whipers, and that VERY SAME THREAD ON PBN. Just get used to it and quit whining.

The Action Figure
08-11-2004, 09:40 AM
I got banned from pbnation, my parents were so proud

LittlePaintballBoy
08-11-2004, 09:52 AM
And that is exactly the kind of behavior you guys hate PBN for.

teufelhunden
08-11-2004, 10:10 AM
If you don't like PBN... don't go! :rolleyes:

_tMAN
08-11-2004, 10:26 AM
I go to PBN for the deals, I come to AO for the technical stuff

tony3
08-11-2004, 10:39 AM
Then tourney ball will never be considered a legitmate sport. There is so much cheating and wiping and all that crap in tourney ball it is insane. At a tourney I was just at the same player wiped hits from the same guy off his same leg, twice. And in play view of the crowd. The crowd yelled, but the ref didn't see it so they didn't get the call. TYourney balers DO CHEAT. Just get used to it. It seems like a daily occourance now to have people whining and crying about PBN, cheaters and whipers, and that VERY SAME THREAD ON PBN. Just get used to it and quit whining.

You got to be kidding me. I have played over 20 tournies and wiping never has been a problem. I have had a few cases of teams playing on or wiping but nothing to accuse tourney players of cheating. I played 2 games of woodsball last weekend for fun and wow, talk about cheating. I hit this one guy more times then you could believe. Cheating imo, is present in all forms of paintball. Sure tourney players in general I guess you could say they cheat, but when you are playing for a lot of money/prizes, you'll do anything to win. And if you say you wouldn't you are crazy.

vonort
08-11-2004, 11:04 AM
You got to be kidding me. I have played over 20 tournies and wiping never has been a problem. I have had a few cases of teams playing on or wiping but nothing to accuse tourney players of cheating. I played 2 games of woodsball last weekend for fun and wow, talk about cheating. I hit this one guy more times then you could believe. Cheating imo, is present in all forms of paintball. Sure tourney players in general I guess you could say they cheat, but when you are playing for a lot of money/prizes, you'll do anything to win. And if you say you wouldn't you are crazy.

I guess you need to call me crazy then. In the 6 years that I played tourny. I never wiped, never cheated. Then again I quit the tourny scene because of the wide spread cheating. And its only getting worse. The game is a game of honor, It should be played that way. If you need to cheat to win then you are not worthy to play the game. :cheers:

penguinpunk555
08-11-2004, 11:45 AM
Get over it. People wiped against me in a tourney I didn't care we beat them anyways. Yea,we might of lost some points from them wiping. Shake it off and get used to it.

tyrion2323
08-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Penguin,

It's that kind of thinking that allows the sport to continue the downward spiral.

Linkwarner
08-11-2004, 02:23 PM
I know that this is cheating also, but when you play against people that will not accept the fact that they are out and wipe, just keep on shooting. I once shot a person 14 times in a game because he wouldnt stop wiping. (Note: The 14 times I shot him were at different parts of the same speedball game). It makes it no fun to play against cheaters, or to be over shot multiple times, is what I told him. Maybe I got the point through to him.

tony3
08-11-2004, 02:26 PM
If you don't like where tourney ball is going, don't play, it is fine with me. I don't really feel like hearing you complain about it.

Crazy
08-11-2004, 02:27 PM
wow, sweet, why hasn't anyone pulled out the "use the search button, this has been posted a million times before" comment?... because it has. How about you go play in the woods where no one has to listen to you complain about it.

BlackWeenie
08-11-2004, 03:29 PM
Wiping gun hits can be such a pain in the *** on guns with milling and cockers......jesus christ, ever tryed to wipe a hit on an adrenalin angel? good luck, i was considering getting a gun with no milling what so ever, like a stock IR3 or stock LCD so I wouldnt have that problem, but then i realized what good is winning if you dont look good doing it? At least if I lose i'll look good...but whatever.

haha ya, he'll look real good winning because he wipes :tard:

08-11-2004, 04:26 PM
The fact that PBN allows its members to talk about all aspects of the game without bias is pretty admirable.

LittlePaintballBoy
08-11-2004, 04:28 PM
Cheating imo, is present in all forms of paintball. Sure tourney players in general I guess you could say they cheat, but when you are playing for a lot of money/prizes, you'll do anything to win. And if you say you wouldn't you are crazy.

You basically just proved my point. All though not EVERYONE cheats, not EVERY tourney has cheating goign on, it IS very frequently used.

AGDlover
08-11-2004, 04:34 PM
1 reason why AO is better? were smarter? ;)

ilikePB
08-11-2004, 04:50 PM
I'd say one reason AO is beter than PBN is because the majority of poster on AO are over 16. I think because of this there is a lot less flaming and stupid, totaly false posts. Not that all people under 16 do this, but you can see that a lot do. Anyway, like it was said earlier, I go to PBN for deals and AO for tech stuff. Although, I frequent the AKA forum on PBN, it's awesome, not like most of the rest of PBN.

tony3
08-11-2004, 07:28 PM
1 reason why AO is better? were smarter? ;)

Anyone see the irony in his post?

LittlePaintballBoy
08-11-2004, 07:31 PM
ROFL, good catch tony :p

AGDlover
08-11-2004, 08:32 PM
Anyone see the irony in his post?

*evil grin* :mad: you may have your dad but soon you will not :ninja:

gc82000
08-12-2004, 04:43 AM
um you two know each other or what?

tony3
08-12-2004, 09:44 AM
Yes, but I wish I didn't.

jayloo
08-12-2004, 01:39 PM
Unfortunately cheating is a part of every sport. Paintball is not so different than football or soccer. Lots of calls are missed and caught by camera and/or the crowd.

Cheating by some is a reality that is not going to change ever. More rules and standards will be imposed and will help with the cheating. No matter what paintball will grow and prosper with time.

Other theaching others how to cheat can only ever be a bad thing. In the long run you will lose. Getting a 2 for 1 for playing on sucks.

Its a GAME keep it clean and have FUN.

The HighMan101
08-12-2004, 03:04 PM
Unfortunately cheating is a part of every sport. Paintball is not so different than football or soccer. Lots of calls are missed and caught by camera and/or the crowd.

Cheating by some is a reality that is not going to change ever. More rules and standards will be imposed and will help with the cheating. No matter what paintball will grow and prosper with time.

Other theaching others how to cheat can only ever be a bad thing. In the long run you will lose. Getting a 2 for 1 for playing on sucks.

Its a GAME keep it clean and have FUN.

Thank you i could not have said that any better myself :cheers:

Also i like the optimism you have in the sport its really refreshing when everybody else is talking about either how cheating will kill the sport or how everybody will cheat in the future. I mean this sport has been around since the 1980's people have been cheating all along nothing is going to change in the next 5 minutes, but hopfully paintball will go through a POSITIVE evolution in the next 5-10 years in whitch cheating will become harder to get away with.