PDA

View Full Version : Loctite Question?

Albino7738
08-11-2004, 05:03 PM
I went down to the local hardware store to pick up some loctite, all they had was "Blue RTV Silicone Adhesive/Sealant." I have a leak on the gauge on my reg (no its not my mag) which I do not want to use teflon tape on since it is very very close to my valve and I dont want to risk it. Also there is a small leak from the fill nipple on my flatline. After i empty my tank would taking off the fill nipple and putting loctite on it be something I can do myself or should i leave that to an airsmith. Finally will the loctite I picked up be a good choice or should I go and get a different type and if so what kind. I read the sticky and i couldnt make much sense out of it.
Thanks

Mister Sinister
08-11-2004, 06:45 PM
Blue rtv is not the same as loctite. Which is it that you have? I wouldnt reccomend using silicone on the fitting as any that seeps past the threads could come loose and go into your valve. For sealing threads on fittings what your looking for is essentially liquid teflon tape. Loctite makes it so do other companies like Permatex. I would use this on the gauge to seal it. Iam not positive about how to correct the fill nipple leak so I wont make a suggestion there. Hopefully someone who knows will see and answer.

BlackVCG
08-12-2004, 04:40 AM
I wrote the sticky thread, so let me know what didn't make sense about it. It all makes perfect sense to me and I don't have to think twice about which loctite to use in any application, but I understand there are people that don't use the stuff on a regular basis and need some more help with understanding all of it.

Thanks for your input.