PDA

View Full Version : Grips for Automag Carbon Frame?

WingMan13
08-11-2004, 06:58 PM
Are there any alternatives to the rubber or plastic Automag carbon frame grips? I actually like the rubber ones but i would prefer colored ones. I could have sworn Viewloader made colored ones years ago...can anyone confirm that?

shartley
08-11-2004, 07:00 PM
Are there any alternatives to the rubber or plastic Automag carbon frame grips? I actually like the rubber ones but i would prefer colored ones. I could have sworn Viewloader made colored ones years ago...can anyone confirm that?
Yes, I have made custom wooden grips for them. But if you want those you will have to wait for quite a while…. the line is long.

WingMan13
08-11-2004, 07:10 PM
I can understand the wait. :D
Thanks for jogging my memory though. I remember SP making some wood multi colored grips. I saw your grips, they are awsome. Is it possible to make single colors, like maybe a nice blue to match a blue ULE?

shartley
08-11-2004, 07:23 PM
I can understand the wait. :D
Thanks for jogging my memory though. I remember SP making some wood multi colored grips. I saw your grips, they are awsome. Is it possible to make single colors, like maybe a nice blue to match a blue ULE?
Thank you.

Yes. I can stain them just about any color.

Muzikman
08-12-2004, 07:04 AM
Yes, SP made wooden grip and VL use to make a hard plastic grip in different colors. I have not seen VL grips in many years.

A good grip, but not colorful are the PMI rubbers. They are a nice soft grip, but only come in black:(

WingMan13
08-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Cool, thanks. I knew VL made some. It is now my "Holy Grail" to find them. :D

Tunaman
08-12-2004, 09:47 AM
I am sure that the Black AGD rubber grips will be the most comfortable you will ever find. They rock! :D

WingMan13
08-12-2004, 11:39 AM
I am sure that the Black AGD rubber grips will be the most comfortable you will ever find. They rock! :D

No doubt they are comfortable Tunaman :D I have been recently playing with my carbon frame for a light and tight set up. I'm just not a fan of black :cry: