PDA

View Full Version : Sydarms: New or Old?

Diesel
08-11-2004, 07:12 PM
Between the original Sydarms and the new ones, which would you go with? Which would you say is more valuable as a collectors item/worth more money on the resale?

TeamNausea
08-11-2004, 07:30 PM
deff old for resale

WickeDKlowN
08-11-2004, 08:26 PM
Old School Sydarm to go with my Old School RT.

RRfireblade
08-11-2004, 10:25 PM
Between the original Sydarms and the new ones, which would you go with? Which would you say is more valuable as a collectors item/worth more money on the resale?

The rail is primarily the difference between the old and the new. The new have....well....the new flat sided rails and the old ones have pump rails which is a more collectable rail all on it's own.

Something w/a SN# in the double digits would best. ;)

Diesel
08-12-2004, 12:29 AM
What are the old ones worth now that the new ones are out? Haven't they dropped in value a bit?

Here's the deal... I've got a really old school Carter Comp that I've been looking to sell or trade. So far I've had lots of trade offers, the ones I'm considering most being:
1. Original AGD Sydarm
or
2. NEW AGD Sydarm AND a pretty nice classic PGP.

I've always liked the Sydarm, but have no idea what they're worth, etc. etc. etc.
Any thoughts?
Thanks! I appreciate it!

Muzikman
08-12-2004, 07:02 AM
The "OLD" market value of a standard gray bodied Sydarm was about $550. I have heard of the old chrome bodied Sydarms going for upwards of $700. The new Sydarms are no different than the old ones except the rail and higher serial number. This all being said, the current value of any Sydarm is about $450 now that it's been re-released. If you slap an old AM/MM rail on a new sydarm, you could not tell it was a new or old.

ClassicMagger
08-12-2004, 09:39 AM
Hey:

The only way you can tell that it is a New or Old Sydarm once they both have an AM/MM rail on it. Is the back sight rail.

MuzikMan is correct an Old Hand Polished Sydarm from AGD would cost upwards of 700 USD plus. Well it did, at least. Now they are worth 450 USD downwards to 300 USD and even less.

Trust me on my pricing. I remember how much they ran, as well as, my wallet.

-ClassicMagger

Muzikman
08-12-2004, 09:42 AM
Hmm, I didn't even notice the new bodies didn't have the sight. Did the original chromed bodies have it?

Diesel
08-12-2004, 10:14 AM
Now they are worth 450 USD downwards to 300 USD and even less.
-ClassicMagger

Most everyone else is saying to go for the old one, but from the sounds of it you're saying the old one is LESS valuable...

OK, so as a collector, if you were looking for a Sydarm not only for your (small and developing) collection but also to use maybe once a month or so, which would be the better way to go?

RRfireblade
08-12-2004, 10:22 AM
Most everyone else is saying to go for the old one, but from the sounds of it you're saying the old one is LESS valuable...

OK, so as a collector, if you were looking for a Sydarm not only for your (small and developing) collection but also to use maybe once a month or so, which would be the better way to go?

A new version is never going to be more valuable as a collectors item than an early production,low serial numbered version. Period. ;)

bofh
08-12-2004, 10:31 AM
A new version is never going to be more valuable as a collectors item than an early production,low serial numbered version. Period. ;)

Buy the cheapest working sydarm you can get. Internally, they are the same thing, and they work the same. So decide if you like polished or grey, and buy that color.

Paintball markers are not investments.

ClassicMagger
08-12-2004, 02:03 PM
Hey:

MuzikMan- Yes, the original polished Sydarms did in fact have the back sight.

Diesal- I was referring to all Sydarms. I saw one REGRETFULLY leave one person's hands to anothers for 285 USD. Most people can not tell or do not care if the Sydarm is an Old one or not. But if you were to have it as a COLLECTIBLE then a low serial numbered Sydarm would be the most valuable for COLLECTING.

-ClassicMagger

vlad the impaler
08-13-2004, 01:55 PM
As they are both basically the same, if your going to play with it, obviously an unused one in warranty would be prefered, for collectors the older and lower the serial number the better, however that doesn't gaurantee the old one will function like a new one depending on it's history.

Diesel
08-13-2004, 01:58 PM
Does anyone know how many of the originals were actually made?

How many are they making of the new ones?