PDA

View Full Version : Music Suggestions for DVD I'm working on...

Blazestorm
08-11-2004, 08:57 PM
I suck at picking music, need some help.

Note : Heavy Metal does not work. :p

Here's a quick preview I whipped up in 10 minutes...

http://www.blazestorm.net/3man2lq.wmv - Low Quality
http://www.blazestorm.net/3man2shq.wmv - High Quality

I have about 2 hours worth of footage (Probably 30-45 minutes of useless stuff) and about 5 minutes of wrestling and 10-12 of prizes (No need for music there)

Spill out some ideas, 300 FPS is the music I want, but I don't want to overuse it :rolleyes:

magman007
08-11-2004, 09:03 PM
Billy Talent will fix you up well. Prisoners of today is an awesome, up beat song, most of the stuff on the cd is great look into it. Muse is good as well, Stockholm syndrome(muse) is reccomended for the instrumentals.

Jet has some up beat stuff

Frans Ferdinand- Take me out

Any thing from RATM

Pennywise

that should get you started.

Trojanoboy20002
08-11-2004, 09:22 PM
Whoa. 35 Megs for just 1 minute of video. :rolleyes:

personman
08-11-2004, 09:25 PM
Well, I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for, but I'll try.. something kind of fast paced right?
Hmm..
Seven Mary Three - Settle Up is one of the first songs that pops into my head when I think about paintball video music.. thats just me though.
I really dont listen to much music that I think would be used in a fast paced video.. thats what you're looking for, right?
Good luck man.

Spaceman613
08-11-2004, 11:26 PM
KMFDM, from the NIHIL disc

or Ministry... NWO, or Jesus Built my hotrod

NICE preview BTW, very coo, too bad we cant get some vids like that from tourneys ive played.

RetroEclipseMan
08-11-2004, 11:46 PM
Joe, if you're really in need of some good stuff then let me know and i'll bring my harddrive up sometime this weekend and let you sift through all my mp3's. I got some stuff in mind that could be cool that not a ton of people have heard of. The one thing I've learned about doing videos of this sort is that you don't wanna necessarily uses a lot of common music that everyone hears on the radio. You want to make it a unique experience for the viewer, or at least that's what one of my video instructors has told me and he's been doing visual graphics for tv for many many years. I dunno just something to think about since you're planning on actually marketing it to sell I assume.

Blazestorm
08-11-2004, 11:51 PM
I could always use some help, if you wanna come up tomororw and help out that's cool.

Could bring some air to use the ghetto cockers with! :D

RetroEclipseMan
08-12-2004, 12:02 AM
Hehehe, I have class tomarrow and physical therapy Friday so I can't but maybe sometime this weekend.

trevorjk
08-12-2004, 12:22 AM
Note : Heavy Metal does not work. :p

avenged sevenfold
strapping young lad
lamb of god
killswitch engage
inflames
otep
shadows fall
yesterdays rising
and
blood for blood

just to name a few :D :ninja:

abunkerer
08-12-2004, 01:04 AM
Ministry... NWO, or Jesus Built my hotrod

Yeah! Ministry's "NWO" would be perfect! I used to listen to that song on the way to play, and then I would just do run thru's all day...It's a good one! :headbang:

masterninja
08-12-2004, 05:59 AM
If you're planning to market and sell a product, it is best to think about clearence and copyright issues. Always cover yourself legally.

Along those lines, you might want to consider local bands or musicians looking for exposure. If you commission an artist to write and record some music, it then belongs to you. If you're looking to differentiate your production, then original music is just that, Original. Classical performed by a local symphony or other music group is not as expensive as one may think, and once again the recording is yours to do with as you wish.

Skoad
08-12-2004, 06:37 AM
Billy Talent will fix you up well. Prisoners of today is an awesome, up beat song, most of the stuff on the cd is great look into it. Muse is good as well, Stockholm syndrome(muse) is reccomended for the instrumentals.

Jeez magman why don't you just recommend Prodigy - Spitfire while your at it :p :p

azza
08-12-2004, 08:13 AM
:headbang: *shameless plug for New Zealand music* :headbang:

These probably arnt what you are looking for, but I have to recommend these anyway.
"No Way To Decide", "Moments Gone" - Eight
"Pressure Man", "Honey God", "Pull The Strings" - Feelers
"Out Of Place", "Nemesis" - Savant
"Can't Get Enough", "You Freak Me" - Supergroove

Or for non NZ music, try these:

"Exultation", "Oxyacetylene", or "Skeletal" - Cubanate
"Truth Of My Youth", "Your Biggest Mistake" - New Found Glory
"Unchained[KMFDM Mix]" - Dweezil Zappa / Jack Russell
"Creeping Death[Filter Section Mix]" - Physical Attraction
"My Hero" - Foo Fighters
"Beautiful", "American Made" - Sprung Monkey

Cheers
Azza

sneakyhacker420
08-12-2004, 08:28 AM
more Refused... i already gave you Refused - New Noise for that preview :headbang:

Cheva - Out Numbered
Cheva - Peices
Cheva - Pressure

more on the metal side, but fitting for some good action

heres some punk stuff:

Happy Campers - Wave the Flags
Happy Campers - Make it on my Own (i think you'd like this one)
Happy Campers - Once Bitten

Chronobreak
08-12-2004, 09:29 AM
how about some hot action cop ?

trevorjk
08-12-2004, 11:31 AM
dude 2 words one band

THE VENTURES!

rkjunior303
08-12-2004, 01:05 PM
Filter - "Hey Man, Nice Shot"

afultz075
08-12-2004, 01:36 PM
Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows, First It Giveth
Smashing Pumpkins - XYU, Zero
Rage Against The Machine - Guerrilla Radio, Sleep Now In the Fire, People of the Sun, Take the Power Back

dyerules
08-12-2004, 09:04 PM
Personally I thinkt he best music for paintball is ska. Preferably STREETLIGHT MANIFESTO. Check them out. There aweosmeeeeee.

StormSurge
08-12-2004, 09:46 PM
Ok, I know you said no heavy metal but, check out Soilwork. They are VERY "listenable" w/out screaming lyrics. Try the songs, The Flame out, and As we speak (just trust me on this). And in flames too, they just rock.

Now something you would use. THE THEME MUSIC FROM TOP GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! (danger zone, mighty wings, ect.) If you dont like it, thats just too dam bad.

Green day, Ramones, Misfits, NoFX, ect if you want to get in touch with your inner punk.

Some of the great techno from the matrix put out by rob dougan. Furious Angel, Dread Rock, Chateau, and of course Mona Lisa.

Just a few thoughts...

Blazestorm
08-12-2004, 10:08 PM
Thanks guys!

Right now I'm looking at unsigned and smaller bands from www.purevolume.com It's pretty cool so far.

SneakyHacker has been helping me out (And been doing a good job) :D

ryanshep
08-12-2004, 10:27 PM
i say go for some charlies daniels band, the devil went down to georgia will do no one wrong

sneakyhacker420
08-12-2004, 10:56 PM
Thanks guys!

Right now I'm looking at unsigned and smaller bands from www.purevolume.com It's pretty cool so far.

SneakyHacker has been helping me out (And been doing a good job) :D

you're welcome... as you've seen so far, i have a very diverse taste of music... and this is only the stuff i thought would fit your video :argh: