PDA

View Full Version : Emag Electronics Question

stormdancer88
10-22-2001, 09:30 AM
Okay, hope someone will be able to help with this.

My Emag, the LED/Electronic modes do not work.

I fear it is the board itself that is shot but I will outline what I have done so far to see if anyone knows of something I have missed.

1) The battery is fully charged. I charged it on a good charger, checked it out on another Emag and it worked fine.

2) I made sure all the standard stuff was there. The pin was out, etc.

3) I took off the top body frame and made sure the connection from the battery to the board was still attached. It is, the red wire and nut are firmly screwed in and the wire is still sodered (sp?) to the board properly.

4)I checked to make sure the battery front pin is holding it flush with the receptors and that all the receptors and contacts are clean and good.

5) All the wires and board are still sodered in place, all the jumpers are the same they have always been.

Any help would be keen with this. I have a tournament in two weeks and want to avoid having to ship it back to AGD if it is something I can fix. Thanks in advance folks!

Side question, anyone had to send their Emag back to get a new board and remember how long it took for the turnaround?

Chef123161
10-22-2001, 12:48 PM
I'm sorry I cannot answer your main question but I can help you out with the side question. I havent had to send my gun in to AGD yet, and hope I never have to but the Tech department is closed all week due to them being at the World Cup.

stormdancer88
10-22-2001, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the 411 on them being in World Cup, wish I was. :)

I am still hoping someone out there can help, my team runs Emags and we currently have 2 with this problem.

a_malfunction
10-22-2001, 02:49 PM
It just wont turn on? Or it wont fire?

stormdancer88
10-22-2001, 05:05 PM
It won't turn on OR fire in electronic modes. It will work fine in Manual mode though. When I put the battery on it none of the electronic stuff works.

Russ
10-22-2001, 06:49 PM
Make sure the terminals on the battery are bent upwards enough, and making good contact with the terminals on the frame. Make sure that the small screw which attaches the circuit board to the frame is tight. This acts as a ground. If you have a voltmeter, check to see if voltage is actually getting to the board (18v). Good Luck.

pumpamatic
10-22-2001, 07:26 PM
You never made sure it was in electronic mode :D jk

AGD
10-23-2001, 02:50 AM
I bet you adjusted your trigger magnet right? If the sensor magnet in the middle of the trigger is too close to the sensor the board will not boot up. Take off the grip panel and unplug the sensor (three wires) then see if it boots. If so you need to UNSCREW your sensor magnet so it is farther from your Hall sensor. This is the one in the middle of the trigger not the one in the frame that makes the trigger stiffer. One of my techs here messed with a gun for an hour today with the same problem. No one filled him in on the fix.

AGD
ps please post your results.

stormdancer88
10-23-2001, 05:13 AM
Wow!

I just got into work and checked the board and have a woody! I did adjust the trigger magnet on both the guns in question. When I get home tonight I will try that before I even take my shoes off and let you know! Thanks for that 411 AGD Godman, I will get back tonight and post to let you know if that was the cause, if it was, let me know where to send the beer. :D Thanks.

stormdancer88
10-23-2001, 07:13 PM
Yes, that is what it was. The magnetic trigger was shortened too much, it was shorting out the board. I backed it off a bit like you suggested and it worked fine. I shot 3 hoppers of paint out back in Electronic and Hybrid mode and it worked better than ever, YOU ROCK!

Honestly, I cannot thank you enough for the help you gave, I spent more than a few hours trying to trouble shoot and figure out why it was doing it that, thanks again!