PDA

View Full Version : Ule Trigger Bounce???

blingbling2
08-12-2004, 12:25 AM
i have a Automag RT ULE with, Ule trigger, Ule body, lvl 10, intell frame, and a X valve.

how do i get this thing to bounce for rapid fire??? thanks

TDonovan
08-12-2004, 12:29 AM
What kind of tank do you have?

blingbling2
08-12-2004, 12:32 AM
i have a 3000 x68 i think... and its an ACI Bulldog

ZapTheMad
08-12-2004, 01:54 AM
You need an adjustable tank. Some regs work better for bounce than others. I have an Armageddon and I can get my ULT to bounce about 850-900 PSI while others can't get ULT to bounce at all. Many people use the stock on/off instead of ULT to get better bounce.

Carbon Blue
08-12-2004, 02:30 PM
i thought the ULT was a whole replacement for the on/off?? Do you mean they keep the on/off pin and use the ULT orings, etc.?

MindJob
08-12-2004, 02:33 PM
i have a Automag RT ULE with, Ule trigger, Ule body, lvl 10, intell frame, and a X valve.

how do i get this thing to bounce for rapid fire??? thanks

I dont think the ULT bounces. I think the point was to make the pull as light as possible so you can rapid fire on your own.

TDonovan
08-12-2004, 02:35 PM
I don't have my mag yet so I'm still not 100% familiar with the internals. But basically the stock on/off is the gun without ANY of the ULT parts which replace them.

The trigger pull will be heavier, but you should get more reactivity this way.

vf-xx
08-12-2004, 03:02 PM
I dont think the ULT bounces. I think the point was to make the pull as light as possible so you can rapid fire on your own.

This gets debated time and time again. ULT can bounce under the right condidtions. Search for Z-man's stuff. He's got by far the best documentation of reactive mags.

AGDlover
08-12-2004, 04:29 PM
just get some more preasure in your gun. i got some crazy bounce when i ran my ULT in my classic and i ran 90-1200

Carbon Blue
08-12-2004, 08:51 PM
i currently run an ACI bulldog 3 with a preset 800 or 850 psi output. So do you think your ROF is faster with the increased pressure on the stock trigger assembly or faster with the lighter but less reactive ULT with a preset tank (of course with the use of the x valve)? sorry if that sounds confusing.

REDRT
08-12-2004, 09:00 PM
I shimmed my brothers ULT with 5 shims (6 would full auto) Each valve remember is different. This set up worked for us. His imput is set at 1000psi and he gets mad bounce. Not hard like my classic Rt, but easier to go faster (BPS).

warbeak2099
08-12-2004, 09:28 PM
I'm running 800-850 out of my Nitro Duck 68/3k preset and I get nothing. I'm looking to get a Nitro Duck X-Stream. Anyone know if they work well? They are suppose to adjust up to 900psi. I'm thinking of getting that tank and a stock .750 on/off for my x-valve so I can get bounce if I want.

Carbon Blue
08-13-2004, 03:05 AM
I'm running 800-850 out of my Nitro Duck 68/3k preset and I get nothing. I'm looking to get a Nitro Duck X-Stream. Anyone know if they work well? They are suppose to adjust up to 900psi. I'm thinking of getting that tank and a stock .750 on/off for my x-valve so I can get bounce if I want.

supposedly the X-steam is supposed to be a great tank, fast recharge,screw in ability, and lightweight.

Carbon Blue
08-13-2004, 01:22 PM
so can you bounce faster with the stock trigger pull and x-valve or shoot faster without the bounce with the ult and xvalve on a preset tank?

nate2k191
09-08-2004, 04:23 PM
can i get more psi eventhough i have a preset tank? or do i need to buyy a whole new tank?>

twd4
09-10-2004, 10:19 AM
I have an rt pro, level10 xvalve, ult, and maxflow 72/4500. I am running 4 shims in the ult and i start getting bounce around 900psi.

rifleman wi
09-10-2004, 11:07 AM
i got my ult to bounce on an X stream set to 900 psi, a preset crossfire at 850, and a preset pure energy at 850.....you just need to add as many shims as possible..untill it goes full auto, i had 5 ...heres what mine sounded like....RT Pro Bounce (http://www.jayloo.com/files/vids/000/mag__new_182.wav )

danheneise
09-10-2004, 02:27 PM
right now I have a ULT and L10 in my classic valved mag with ~800 psi preset going into it. I have so many shims in the ULT i don't even keep track of them so i really couldn't tell ya what that setup is, it's enough to get the bottom of the ULT to stick out a little from the valve but still slide in to the mag's body. The L10 is what i can adjust depending on how i want to shoot. With the rusty red spring the bolt is very soft on paint and the trigger is extremely light but can be short stroked very easily. and the tank HAS to be full, once it passes below ~800 psi the gun get's really hard to shoot consistantly. Now if I switch to the lowest gold spring in the L10 the gun becomes extremely reactive, with the same pull weight and enables me to walk it like an emag on hybrid mode, literally. the downside is that since i have the L10 with the lighter spring it will chop brittle paint unless the fps is lowered to ~250. But with how the trigger is it is actually quite hard to short stroke it even while walking so i'm not too worried about chopping as long as my hopper keeps up ;) . btw the hopper is a modded ricochet AK and in a drop test before the mod it fed ~9-10 bps and after the mod in the same drop test it fed 18 bps consistantly :headbang: so as you see i don't worry about chopping too much :D

nate2k191
09-26-2004, 08:07 PM
i have a classic with ult and LX too, it rocks, with a bunch of shims i can walk mine too, its great.

Titansu
10-02-2004, 04:35 PM
68/4500 Dynaflow - Input around 1000-1100 PSI - ULT w/ (3) Lvl 10 shims (equilivent to 6 ULT shims)

jewie27
10-02-2004, 05:29 PM
The bounce has been drastically reduced with ULT. Only RT Valves without ULT can bounce a lot.

Z-man
10-02-2004, 08:41 PM
This gets debated time and time again. ULT can bounce under the right condidtions. Search for Z-man's stuff. He's got by far the best documentation of reactive mags.

Thanks VF-XX

I am actaully updating some of the info and adding some more pages to the rapid-frie section. First off here is my page that I think most completely explains rapid-fire using the stock on/off valve

Z-man's Rapid-Fire Pages (http://www.zakvetter.com/Pages/Paintball/Automags/Rapid_Fire/how-to-rapidfire.html)

Now about the ULT assembly. Due to the large ammouint of interest and info I have read on how the it behaves and if it bounces or not I will be adding some videos and info regarding it.

For now the key points are this:

1- the ULE Trigger when properly installed and adjusted will NOT bounce. That was its purpose; to eliminate the bounce of the RT valve and lighten the trigger pull.

2- What people found out, was that (on an RT Valve) if you add a few too many shims to the ULT, it will start to bounce and if you add too many, it will ONLY rapid-fire (because the on off valve is not being allowed to reset fully).

3- Though an adjustable tank and a high input pressure will help the ULT rapid-fire, it appears that it works with preset tanks as well. Be aware that I have not tested any of these things on the ULT but I feel confident that this info is accurate.