PDA

View Full Version : hey hey my first bumper im so proud!!

Enemy
08-12-2004, 12:42 AM
thats right i shredded my first rt bumper in my x-mag at around 6,900 shots. now my question is, is there any functioning difference between the more durable classic bumper and the softer rt bumper, any reasons why ADG is still selling the rt bumpers on rts? but yeah fact is i was so mad at the thing for chopping like crazy then i tore it apart saw the bumper and a sense of pride and happiness came over me so its all good now!

abunkerer
08-12-2004, 01:00 AM
superglue it down, it will last a long time. You should use the soft clear bumpers with the RT valves, I've heard bad things about using the blue bumpers.

atm743
08-12-2004, 01:25 AM
YES i was waiting for this thread to get made yaa i know i went though about 3 of thouse damn things after shooting about 2 cases. on my mechanical mag i only used one and it was the stock one that came with it new right from agd and i shoot about 3-4 cases though that?? i dont know whats with thouse damn things i think that are making them cheaper now?? but ya dont use the minimag bumpers you will mess up you gun. i know one good thing from them not to chop . dont let oil hit them. if you oil the power tup tip do it lightley. cuse i had a allmost new one in befor then oiled the power tube thing and after a day's of playing i needed to re-place it. well i am thinking in calling agd up and asking them whats going wong with them i sware that the rt parts kit needs to come with about 3 then 1:D i am ordering 3 from tuna tomorrow :D cuse my all falling off. hey want to start a pics thread of theas and see if we can find the worst looking one???

gc82000
08-12-2004, 04:53 AM
YOu should take a pic of it and post it.

Enemy
08-13-2004, 01:50 AM
i dont have a digital camera... but mines not that bad and if you do a search i believe tom said to use the classic one on the rts and that it was alright!!! ill try to find the thread!

11_Mile_TMaster
08-13-2004, 02:51 AM
I was told using the Classic bumpers on the RT can cause excessive wear to your sear.
Superglue your RT bumper down, or have a lot of spares. Dry firing makes the problem worse!

Wc Keep
08-13-2004, 12:32 PM
I was told using the Classic bumpers on the RT can cause excessive wear to your sear.
Superglue your RT bumper down, or have a lot of spares. Dry firing makes the problem worse!

how can it do that if its the same sear on both rts and classics.

Chronobreak
08-13-2004, 01:30 PM
not toms exact words but if i remeber he said something like " they use the bumper to absorb the most impact and u CAn glue them to get them to stay if they slide if u have problems with the rt bumpers u CAN switch to the blue ones no problem"

firebanex
08-13-2004, 05:47 PM
huh i didn't know that the bumpers wore out.

REDRT
08-13-2004, 06:26 PM
One case of paint in the newly aquired emag and the NEW bumper was toast. I just got 4 from AGD. $2 a pop seems almost steep!?

-Tab
08-13-2004, 06:42 PM
now my question is, is there any functioning difference between the more durable classic bumper and the softer rt bumper, any reasons why ADG is still selling the rt bumpers on rts? now!

the blue ones are made for the classic valve. the clear ones are softer and are meant for a higher round of fire - x-valve, retro valve and e-mag valves.

abunkerer
08-13-2004, 06:44 PM
a fun RT Bumper thread:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=106676&page=1&pp=30&highlight=rt+bumper

splatterbrain
08-13-2004, 08:49 PM
Abunkerer, thank's for posting that link. It gave me a few idea's and I never would have found it myself.

abunkerer
08-13-2004, 10:25 PM
sure man, no problem :cheers:

Enemy
08-14-2004, 12:41 AM
same here i will a blue bumper for the night since i have three mags in my house 2 of which are classics then next week i will try the other ideas thanks you guys im off to go play!!!