PDA

View Full Version : Preferred Tank of Choice

Carbon Blue
08-12-2004, 09:34 PM
As the title reads, what is the preferred adjustable tank of choice for an xvalved mag?? Are there any differences from dynaflows and max-flos? Could i just buy a max-flow regulator and put it onto my aci bulldog 3 preset tank and still perform the same??

FragTek
08-12-2004, 09:47 PM
I personally prefer the MacDev Conquest, it has an insane recharge rate and a high flow rate, however the on/off tab can get pretty hard to press down when it's used on a mag due to the high output.

I currently use a Nitro Duck X-Stream, and have on pretty much all of my mags, and love them to death. Benefits of a screw-in with the pimpness of adjustability, a nice light setup. A MaxFlo would work, however i'm not a huge fan of them.

To answer your question about reg swapping... Of course, you could take off ur bulldog reg and put any reg you wanted on that tank.

toymyster
08-13-2004, 05:27 PM
There are a lot of great adjustable tanks out there!! My current one is a CenterFlag Hyperflow, I've had it for about 4 years and absolutely love it!! It has phenominal recharge and flow rate, and good customer service/ support, also when you turn the air off, it degasses the gun!! Of course, there is the AGD Flatline series, though you'll have to find a used one!! Air America can't be ignored either, I prefer the Apoc. over the Armageddon, it's more compact and has an on/off!! Hope this helps!!

SpecialBlend2786
08-14-2004, 02:49 AM
for an Xvalve, the NitroDuck Xstream cannot be beaten for performance/price. At the higher price ranges Dynaflows are great, and so are AA regs. I also hear the new Evil Scion is pretty damn fast.

Hey Frag, how reactive is the Xvalve when used with a Conquest? I thought the input pressure would be too low :confused:

FragTek
08-14-2004, 09:11 AM
for an Xvalve, the NitroDuck Xstream cannot be beaten for performance/price. At the higher price ranges Dynaflows are great, and so are AA regs. I also hear the new Evil Scion is pretty damn fast.

Hey Frag, how reactive is the Xvalve when used with a Conquest? I thought the input pressure would be too low :confused:

Conquests are adjustable up to 1000psi so u can get em reactive as all get out, hehe.

REDRT
08-14-2004, 09:59 AM
I once had an old 114/3k Fred Schultz reg AA tank (on remote) anything over 750 psi input and the classic RT would rip like it was full auto with the level 7 bolt. It chopped like mad. I put on a 68/3k Flatline and level 10 and it is way slower even at 1000psi input. I don't think it's the level 10 causing it to be slower cause the Emag is fast with it. I believe it is the reg of the flatline just not as good. Today I'll be trying my new Armageddon 88/45 with my emag. We'll see how that works. I here dynaflo's are very good also, but I have no experiance with them. Air America has very good customer service which means alot if something should happen and you need your tank asap.

FragTek
08-14-2004, 10:01 AM
You may want to put a rebuild kit or something in that Flatline, it should be able to feed very well set at 1000psi. It sounds like it's not recharging at full speed.

REDRT
08-14-2004, 10:15 AM
You may want to put a rebuild kit or something in that Flatline, it should be able to feed very well set at 1000psi. It sounds like it's not recharging at full speed.

It just came back from AGD. I thought that might be it to. Don't get me wrong it is a great little tank, but it doesn't seem to have the push if you know what I mean. It has never dropped off so far the balls drop off. Works good on the emag. 68/3k doesn't last long though...

FragTek
08-14-2004, 10:17 AM
Really wierd, never heard of a freshly rebuilt Flatline not "pushing" enough air.

trains are bad
08-14-2004, 10:55 AM
I really suggest you buy a dynaflow off madmolly while he still has some for $235. I bought one and it is fantastic it goes reactive at like 900 psi. I bought it to replace my 68/3000 flatline. No regrets.