PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody seen 'Rescue Me'?

Ironmag
08-13-2004, 03:06 AM
Has anybody seen the new tv show 'Rescue Me' that is on FX. It has got to be one of the best shows I have seen in a really long time. I just love at how real they portray all the characters and Denis Leary is just awesome. I've been a huge Denis Leary fan for many years and it's just great to see him in something like this. If you haven't seen this show you have to watch it. What are yall's thoughts on the show.

Dayspring
08-13-2004, 09:57 AM
One of my roommates is a career firefighter. He is addicted to that and Third Watch.

fire1811
08-13-2004, 12:19 PM
as a firefighter i think its great.

they have done a pretty good job on there research...actually an outstanding job.

they do show a lot of common problems with that firefighters face.

I know a lot of firefighters arnt happy with the show because it shows a different side of the fire service the public is not used to seeing. but dont be fooled it is there.

its also good that they wear the proper equipment. mainly in fires(air pack and mask)
unlike a prior movie(backdraft)

the wacky calls they go on, like the guy who set his wife on fire. wacked out things happen like that regularly in NYC. My bro is on FDNY and god willing i will be out there soon also, but some of the stories he has told and things i have seen while doing a ride along are unreal.

we get a lot of quality calls here but NY is just wacky. i cant wait.

very good show i have taped every episode so far and it will definatly be a dvd purchase if it comes out.

if you havent seen it watch it.

curt

afultz075
08-13-2004, 12:31 PM
I watched it the other night, I think it's a great show, certainly a different concept.

WenULiVeUdiE
08-13-2004, 02:11 PM
It's nice to see Dennis in a role where he is not a stuck up ***hole. I think it's a great show and I'll continue to watch it until it's over.

sharpshooter1286
08-13-2004, 02:24 PM
I personally love the show, its really well written, all of the situations seem realistic and entertaining. Will watch to the end of the season for sure.

Warewolf50
08-13-2004, 04:30 PM
Ive seen the advertisements for it and really wanna see it, when does it come on, liek what day and what time.

RogueFactoryKid
08-13-2004, 04:34 PM
I first watched this show last wednesday. I turned it on with my dad in the room not expecting what i saw about 20 minutes into it. We are sitting there and then all of a sudden you see denis leary Givin it to some girl in the butt, talk about uncomfortable for me and my dad lol
*edit* does anybody know the name of the song and who sings it that is the shows theme?

fire1811
08-13-2004, 04:44 PM
the show is on wednesday nights at 9 or 10 central time

and the song is

The Von Bondies- C'mon C'mon

i have it if you want it

1stdeadeye
08-13-2004, 07:00 PM
I like that and "The Shield". FX has come out with some great original programming!!! :clap:

fire1811
08-13-2004, 07:02 PM
i really dont think that any normal station(NBC,ABC) could have run it. they push the borders and FX is nice enough to take the chance.