PDA

View Full Version : Evil Pimp?

Toro216guy
08-13-2004, 10:44 AM
Has anyone ever used or own a Evil Pimp? If so what do you guys think of them?

tippmannsniper-
08-13-2004, 10:52 AM
i hear there bad and break down alot and the trigger frame is hard to shoot fast cause of its design

tyrion2323
08-13-2004, 10:57 AM
Don't listen to this guy. He's never even played with one.

Toro216guy
08-13-2004, 11:00 AM
The owner of my local field is a great guy and he told me that this is good gun and since I am going to be playing more tournaments my Automag RT just wouldnt do. I just want some feedback from people who have used them and can give me a honest oppion. thanks

ojhspyro89
08-13-2004, 11:00 AM
Don't listen to this guy. He's never even played with one.

Lol hence the name ~tippmann~ sniper

Toro216guy
08-13-2004, 11:03 AM
Plus the guy is going to give me a awesome deal!!!! :headbang:

tyrion2323
08-13-2004, 11:06 AM
I can only tell you what I've heard. My source is a friend who plays on DP Factory. They shoot Pimps (they're sponsored by Evil). They play S7.

He absolutely LOVES the Pimp. From my basic understanding of the marker, it operates similar to an Impulse. He says it's extremely fast and fun to shoot. I've heard that it's a bit weighty, but in this day and age, who knows what that means! Anyways, he continues to rave about it.

As for Evil customer service, I can tell you with first hand experience that they are phenomenal. I shoot an Omen and I must tell you, I ABSOLUTELY love it!

Jacob

Toro216guy
08-13-2004, 11:10 AM
Thanks tyrion!

Mr Pink
08-13-2004, 11:16 AM
I agree with Tyrion,

I've shot one of the Evil Sharks' Pimp (UK X-Ball Team/Evil Factory team) - damn thing is a freakin' rail gun! :D very easy to rip on and good gas consumption too.

Only bad thing is that it doesn't look as pretty as my DM4 :cool:

tippmannsniper-
08-13-2004, 12:30 PM
i was just sayin what ive HEARD ive never shot one ive just read some reviews god calm down i dont have a tippmann i have an automag i use that name because i used to have tippmann i still used it when i signed up hear

penguinpunk555
08-13-2004, 12:53 PM
They are nice. I wouldn't mind one. I would rather have a DM4.

desslock
08-13-2004, 01:03 PM
as a former impulse owner I can tell you the base model impulse is a nice gun for the money. I researched the pimps, basicaly theu are a re-designed imp. New body and frame different board, they seemed nice. For the price they were asking I would have rather bought a base vision imp and then upgrade the parts I wanted. But if ur getting a good deal then go for it. Either way if ur planning to go to tournies a solid electro with a high rof will be waht u need. Imps are fairly easy to work on and have a ton of upgrades. BTW I traded my imp for a kick arse emag, best of both worlds.

can'tthink of1
08-13-2004, 01:05 PM
I'd rather have a PIMP cause its only 825... :)

One of the best deals out there IMO, great parts stock, the works. Uncapped board, awesome stock reg, jr pipe kit stock, rail+on/off stock, and supposedly a crazy fast trigger. I want one... I might buy one sooner or later. But now I have a really nice tribal project that I'm thinking about starting... so money might be tite.

Toro216guy
08-13-2004, 01:43 PM
You guys might be a little jealous but I was quoted the low price of $680, brand new I just to a long lunch brakeand went to the shop held it. I am very tempted to buy it!! Maybe I just wont pay rent this month :rolleyes:

Automaggin2
08-13-2004, 02:09 PM
i hear there bad and break down alot and the trigger frame is hard to shoot fast cause of its design

Do you believe everything you hear?

n00b

Toro216guy
08-13-2004, 02:20 PM
Thank you all for imput. Keep it rolling in please

68magOwner
08-13-2004, 06:42 PM
I researched the pimps, basicaly theu are a re-designed imp. New body and frame different board, they seemed nice.

i would hardly call those changes re-desighned, now the nerver (from what i know) is a re-desighned imp, the PIMP is just an imp with a body kit

can'tthink of1
08-13-2004, 07:40 PM
Actually its a mix of an imp and a timmy internally...

FragTek
08-13-2004, 07:55 PM
I love people that say "I'd rather have a DM4".

I'm sure you would! You do realize that a new DM4 runs approx. $1300-1400 right? How bout we compare 68 Classics to ND Timmy's next! (Personally I'd rather have a 68 classic :rofl: )

SpecialBlend2786
08-14-2004, 02:42 AM

Yep, thats exactly what it is. Plus it comes stock with a damn good reg, and a really sweet trigger. The bolt is kinda cool too (twist lock). Check out the Evil forum on PBN, there is alot of good info on it over there.

Head knight of Ni
08-14-2004, 11:41 AM
Toro I don't think the RT won't suffice. It's work well in the past hasn't it? ;)

68magOwner
08-14-2004, 12:37 PM
No its not, it origionally came with body, LPR, frame, and board adn you just add your own internals from your imp, then EVIL decided to jsut put in all there imp internals, so, there are no timmy parts about it

edit-unless i completely missed something and EVIL decided to put timmy parts in there IMP body kit, which makes no scince and i dont think is even possible

Duke Henry
08-14-2004, 06:19 PM
My teammate uses an Evil Pimp.

So far, it hasn't been impressive for me. The Detonator reg that came with it was faulty, but we were lucky enough to have another to replace it with.

After that, we have put through about 2-3 cases through it, and it does appear to be getting somewhat more consistent.

It would spike from 220-320 FPS, now it hold true around 280ish, but at high rates of fire you get massive shootdown.

So, the owner is going to break down everything, check all the settings and go from there.

As with any production marker, I would never suggest shooting the first run models. I wouldn't get one because I hate the trigger (short and angled back), but if you want one I would suggest you wait until they work out the bugs.

Gabriel
08-14-2004, 10:12 PM
Do you believe everything you hear?

n00b

What the hell dude!?!? Lay off, he's already said he hasnt shot one and was only reporting what he had heard!

go see this thread and rethink why you were such a jerk to this guy --> http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=148473

Automaggin2
08-15-2004, 04:52 AM
What the hell dude!?!? Lay off, he's already said he hasnt shot one and was only reporting what he had heard!

go see this thread and rethink why you were such a jerk to this guy --> http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=148473

ummm no.

mongoose3887
08-15-2004, 05:01 PM
I have not had the chance to shoot them unfortunatley, but I have held one, and I can say that they are very nice. The trigger take a little getting used to, but the persons that I held bent the tirgger to give it alittle more curve for shooting fast. I do agree with the whole thing of not getting a first run production marker, but at the same token, evil is a GREAT company, and their customer service is top notch. Also, have seen it shot, and its very fast, was actually looking into buying one till the E2 came out :hail: