PDA

View Full Version : I played last night, I have a story

brianlojeck
08-13-2004, 11:54 AM
My group and I aren't really great players. We're all in our 30's now (me 30+1 day), we work full time, most of us use Tippmanns, and I've got an ancient automag.

One of us just got into the game, and has a lot of cash, so he's got a sweet RT Pro, Halo, the whole bit. He was never really good, because he would sit in the back and plink, and never get many kills.

last night we have this conversation:

him: "You know, I've noticed that if I shoot someone's bunker, they usually duck back really fast."
me: "Yeah, the secret is to move when they duck, since they can't see you."
him:" That's not a bad idea..."

The next game he wiped out my entire team singlehandedly on a 5v5 airball field. In one shinging moment he went from being way worse then me to being way better then me.

Maybe I should give up playing and become a coach. ;-)

Lee
08-13-2004, 12:26 PM
nice. :clap:

Automaggot68
08-13-2004, 12:26 PM
My group and I aren't really great players. We're all in our 30's now (me 30+1 day), we work full time, most of us use Tippmanns, and I've got an ancient automag.

One of us just got into the game, and has a lot of cash, so he's got a sweet RT Pro, Halo, the whole bit. He was never really good, because he would sit in the back and plink, and never get many kills.

last night we have this conversation:

him: "You know, I've noticed that if I shoot someone's bunker, they usually duck back really fast."
me: "Yeah, the secret is to move when they duck, since they can't see you."
him:" That's not a bad idea..."

The next game he wiped out my entire team singlehandedly on a 5v5 airball field. In one shinging moment he went from being way worse then me to being way better then me.

Maybe I should give up playing and become a coach. ;-)
That's amazing! Great story, gave me a good laugh
:cheers:

Halliday
08-13-2004, 12:40 PM
I try to give people tips when I can. I try not to come off as arrogent, I just want to help them be better a player.
1) If they are on my team, cool :)
2) If they are on the other team then the game is more of a challenge, also cool.

warbeak2099
08-13-2004, 12:49 PM
Now you can anticipate what he might do the next time he's playing against you. Have your team come up with a good countger to his previous move. Then kick it right back in his face. You'll have yet another story to post here.

Pete

Crighton
08-13-2004, 01:00 PM
You know every player has a lucky game now and then.

tyrion2323
08-13-2004, 01:11 PM
Torbo taught me more in one afternoon than I had learned by myself in three years. YAY AOers!

desslock
08-13-2004, 01:38 PM
since you guys are just starting out 1 tip I can offer is watch other teams/players. Learn what to do from the better players and what not to do from bad players. Watching from the sidelines can give you a lot of ideas, also try to play against more experienced players. I know its not that fun getting owned but going against dudes that are better than you can help you learn.

Creative Mayhem
08-13-2004, 03:06 PM
HAHA.. so true. That same has happened to me, all I could do was laugh about it.

:cheers:

Benfica4ever
08-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Nice job! :headbang: :shooting:

JrnyFan1985
08-13-2004, 04:56 PM
yes very nice, but to keep your ego up, say it was a lucky game. *humor intended*

brianlojeck
08-13-2004, 05:06 PM
yes very nice, but to keep your ego up, say it was a lucky game. *humor intended*

I was going to, so I challenged him to a one-on-one game. We dueled it out pretty good, both of us moving around, until his bike-riding, triathalete-store-owning, in-better-shape-then-me punk rear end ended up behind me when I was sure he was RIGHT THERE.

He pasted me, and I had to admit he's better then me for now...

professor_chaos
08-13-2004, 07:39 PM
Happy (late, better than never) birthday.

Ratzo
08-13-2004, 07:55 PM
It amazes the kids when you tell them to try something and they find it actually works.
It then makes me feel better that at least two more of my team are not hiding behind the back bunker anymore.

REDRT
08-13-2004, 11:11 PM
Dude, here is how I look at it after turning 30 this last April. The "Roaring Twenties" are over, time for the "Great Depression". Happy late B-day. :p