PDA

View Full Version : Hang in there Floridians!

JimInVA
08-13-2004, 03:04 PM
Just a short note to wish you AOers in Florida some quickly returning FAIR SKIES! Good luck over the next few hours!!

Jim

SlipknotX556
08-13-2004, 03:08 PM
Just a short note to wish you AOers in Florida some quickly returning FAIR SKIES! Good luck over the next few hours!!

Jim

Thanks, but I am in the better part of the state, all we are gonna have is 60mph winds. Charley is now a cat. 4 hurricane and has made land fall in Ft. Myers, with 100+ mph winds, the news guy was on the phone reporting and he said, that they had to leave because of trees hitting their truck.

Creative Mayhem
08-13-2004, 03:11 PM
Thanks, but I am in the better part of the state, all we are gonna have is 60mph winds. Charley is now a cat. 4 hurricane and has made land fall in Ft. Myers, with 100+ mph winds, the news guy was on the phone reporting and he said, that they had to leave because of trees hitting their truck.

Yay... I think...:confused:

Im coming to Ft.Myer's next month hope there's nothing like that when I'm there. You know us Canucks.. we have a hard time dealing with bad weather :D (we usually run out of beer before the weather is gone and start to panic;))

fire1811
08-13-2004, 03:16 PM
so your guys arnt playing tomorrow???

;)

JimInVA
08-13-2004, 03:16 PM
We dealt with Isabel here last summer. In fact there are still many families who are not back in their homes almost a year later. I watched water rise to completely surround my house... 1/8" more and my garage would have flooded. My neighbors in both directions had 6 - 12" of flooding. I hope it moves through quickly!!

penguinpunk555
08-13-2004, 06:12 PM
WTF is a flordian?

SlipknotX556
08-13-2004, 06:32 PM
so your guys arnt playing tomorrow???;)

I wouldnt be playing anyway, all my fields were shut down by zoning.

WTF is a flordian?

A person native to the state of Florida.

Fred
08-13-2004, 10:25 PM
You know I picked a great weekend to move down there...

I leave monday... to spend a week in Sarasota apartment hunting...

(then a brief return north for Shatnerball and more of my stuff)

and then at least a year working down there.

Good luck fellas!

---Fred

SlipknotX556
08-13-2004, 11:05 PM
You know I picked a great weekend to move down there...

I leave monday... to spend a week in Sarasota apartment hunting...

(then a brief return north for Shatnerball and more of my stuff)

and then at least a year working down there.

Good luck fellas!

---Fred

Yeah, bad week to come down. All the islands off sarasota are no more, they are completley covered over by water.

FSU_Paintball
08-13-2004, 11:09 PM
/wiggles wang in Charlie's direction

I'm headed to Amelia Island tomorrow... come and get me biatch!

penguinpunk555
08-13-2004, 11:19 PM
some a wisconsian. Flordian sounds pretty weird to me... I spelt weird wrong and I don't care... With typing all these sentances I should of just gone back and fixed that,but I like to be diffrent every now and then.

d00d13
08-14-2004, 02:31 AM
mmMMMmm...irrelevance

Lee
08-14-2004, 06:33 AM
thanks!

btw, it's "floridian......you missed a letter....

zephyrhills is just fine. very little wind, mild rain. no damage at all. not what we were expecting.

my thoughts and prayers go out to all those who were not expecting to get hit at all. it sounds like it's pretty bad down south.

Josh2Xtremes
08-14-2004, 07:14 AM
Like he said, hang in there Floridians...you're definitely in my prayers. Batten down the hatches (arrrrrr) :argh: !
Josh

The Action Figure
08-14-2004, 07:25 AM
me and soccerpaintball3 went to play at adventure beach in myrtle beach sc, and there was a mandatory evacuation so we drive 5 hrs. eat seafood then turn around, it was awful

ilikePB
08-14-2004, 10:35 AM
Not much happened here. We got some good rain and wind. The only damage to us was a big tree branch got ripped out of a tree in our yard, but it didn't hit anything.

penguinpunk555
08-14-2004, 12:55 PM
thanks!

btw, it's "floridian......you missed a letter....

zephyrhills is just fine. very little wind, mild rain. no damage at all. not what we were expecting.

my thoughts and prayers go out to all those who were not expecting to get hit at all. it sounds like it's pretty bad down south.
I wasn't having a good day typing.... at all...