PDA

View Full Version : Wierdest Sounding Marker...

JoshK
08-13-2004, 09:33 PM
Whats the wierdest/most unique marker you have ever heard? Post a sound clip if you can...

RingOfScale
08-13-2004, 09:35 PM
Wierd SOUNDING ? plenty of wierd LOOKING things, but not sure about sound. One time i saw a gun (nova?) it was the type where the barrel moved with each shot ( i think the barrel and bolt were 1 piece ) and it also set out a really strange sound with each shot, really hard to explain, it kinda sounded like a lvl10 sound except lounder

tippmannsniper-
08-13-2004, 09:36 PM
an automag classic acuallly it was the first time ive ever heard one and it was one of the most quiet things ive ever heard it was so quiet i could almost hear the bolt moving it was awsome, part of the reason i got a logic automag but the automag is in the mail

afultz075
08-13-2004, 09:40 PM
My friend has a home-made suppressor on his Maverick. Looks like it's straight from the '80's. It rocks to only hear the paintball cutting through the air when you're being shot at with it.

JoshK
08-13-2004, 09:41 PM
My friend is actually looking for some plans that actually work...do you know where he the plans from?

And I might be interested in your x-valve if you lower the price alittle...

afultz075
08-13-2004, 09:55 PM
My friend is quite the inventor when it comes to stuff like this, as far as I know, he built it from scratch using his own plans. I think he takes a piece of PVC a little bigger than .68 caliber but big enough to fit snugly on the barrel, drills some large porting onto it, and then he takes a larger piece of PVC that slides over that and packs some foam in the gap between there (gap is about 1/3"), and then I think he cut a ring shaped piece and glued that to that front of the whole assembly. Then spraypainted it black. He has it so he can take it apart for cleaning whenever he wants. That's pretty much the gist of how he does it I think, there might be something a little different.

All I know is that it's super quiet and works great. And he got many comments on it at D-Day Skirmish.

As far as the X-Valve goes, PM me and we'll talk.

JoshK
08-13-2004, 09:57 PM
do you think your friend would like to make a few dollars? My friend really wants one and I know he would pay more than what it costs to make it...Ill pm you about the valve...

afultz075
08-13-2004, 10:02 PM
I'm sure I could talk my friend into making one for him. What kinda of gun/barrel would this be for?

I'll talk to him tomorrow at the field about it.

JoshK
08-13-2004, 10:14 PM
tippmann 98 custom , 14" 32* ice cold barrel

minimag03
08-13-2004, 10:22 PM
Wierd SOUNDING ? plenty of wierd LOOKING things, but not sure about sound. One time i saw a gun (nova?) it was the type where the barrel moved with each shot ( i think the barrel and bolt were 1 piece ) and it also set out a really strange sound with each shot, really hard to explain, it kinda sounded like a lvl10 sound except lounder

I was told it sounded like a wet fart :p .

GotMag?
08-13-2004, 10:37 PM
my friend had and armson stealth on his AMG, that thing was scary, it made a whirling/whoosh sound when it went by :ninja:

Jackel411
08-13-2004, 10:38 PM
Simply put...

2k3 shocker with a un-ported barrel damn thing HONKED!

Next would be a BE Samurai.. sounds like the same noise a really fat chick would make when jumping into a pool belly flop style :)

tony3
08-13-2004, 10:39 PM
Cocker pumps(snipers)

trevorjk
08-13-2004, 10:47 PM
http://www.pbreview.com/pics/1042333482.jpg

Cannon-Fodder
08-13-2004, 10:53 PM
One of the most unique sounding (and loudest) is the BE Rainmaker.

In this post here (http://beog.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=4180&st=0) on the BE Rainmaker board there are a couple of movies where you can hear the distinct rainmaker sound.

Derman2k
08-13-2004, 11:35 PM
I was told it sounded like a wet fart :p .

lol I have a nova and it kinda sounds like that.

TheShark
08-13-2004, 11:52 PM
I worked at a park about 6 years ago... we had mostly tippman rentals but we had two POS stingrays.... when you shot em they would go CLANG CLANG :tard:

Rather
08-13-2004, 11:57 PM
Carter pump.. sounds like a bull fart... no lie... :ninja:

WenULiVeUdiE
08-14-2004, 12:53 AM
I'm sure I could talk my friend into making one for him. What kinda of gun/barrel would this be for?

I'll talk to him tomorrow at the field about it.

Silencer's are illegal. The ATF states it is illegal to have any sort of sound surpression device that lowers the sound 1 decible(db). Just wanted to let you know.

Carter pump.. sounds like a bull fart... no lie...

And how do you know what a bull fart sounds like!? :p :eek:

The JOE
08-14-2004, 01:04 AM
Friend of mine has an Angel, stock barrel, something must've been loose on it, or the harmonics in this particular gun are just right, because every time it shoots, it makes a cash-register like "ching" noise, cept' quieter.

(He has since replaced the barrel and the noise stopped, sadly.)

My ATCI TM-11A also sounds kinda weird. I don't know how to describe it... Perhaps I'll look into getting a sound file from it, if AO would enjoy such things.

11_Mile_TMaster
08-14-2004, 01:21 AM

In this post here (http://beog.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=4180&st=0) on the BE Rainmaker board there are a couple of movies where you can hear the distinct rainmaker sound.

Yeah... My first time out with my rainmaker... I pulled off a few shots to make sure it still worked (hey, it is a brass eagle, I didn't trust it!)

5 Heads turn my way, all going "What the heck was that?" and one guy without even looking was like 'A rainmaker'
Fun little guns. :)

gc82000
08-14-2004, 02:12 AM
Friend of mine has an Angel, stock barrel, something must've been loose on it, or the harmonics in this particular gun are just right, because every time it shoots, it makes a cash-register like "ching" noise, cept' quieter.

Ok this is an easy problem to solve. He should have just put a oring around the barrel. but that is how my Automag used to be. I had a JnJ barrel on my classic PF body. They used to say that every time i shoot they could see cent signs adound my gun.

:shooting: 5c 5c 5c 5c 5c 5c

WenULiVeUdiE
08-14-2004, 02:28 AM
EM1's dont sound too weird, but they're loud. An electro-pnumeatic sound, except louder, much louder.

MaChu
08-14-2004, 02:38 AM
First run of the Matrixes with a unported stock cocker barrel. It sounded like plop plop plop in rapid fire.

A mis timed cocker sounds pretty weird with all the hickups.

An Angel on low air.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
08-14-2004, 02:39 AM
unported barrel + marker = unique sound

SpecialBlend2786
08-14-2004, 02:54 AM

Yeah, i'd hafta say rainmaker. I really did like those markers...

Tippmann m98's also have a very distinct thumping sound which can be heard from across the field.

And cockers just sound cool :cool:

SniperSmurf
08-14-2004, 03:49 AM
Silencer's are illegal. The ATF states it is illegal to have any sort of sound surpression device that lowers the sound 1 decible(db). Just wanted to let you know.

And how do you know what a bull fart sounds like!? :p :eek:

Is a paintball marker actually considered a "firearm" by the ATF? I don't think so.

Bull's fart all the time... Haven't you ever been around cattle? I'm pretty sure they have farms up in Jersey! ;)

Gotta love the "wet fart" sound of older spool valve markers. My favorite!

Josh2Xtremes
08-14-2004, 07:11 AM
I always thought the old school "shoebox" Shockers had a wacky sound. Something like "hiculp-hiculp-hiculp-hiculp" when you heard one shoot, ESPECIALLY on CO2. The out-of-tune ones sound like ducks and I just can't get enough of that.

The ol' Crown Point barrel on a 'Mag made a distinctive sound to...that "ping of death," I liked to call it. ;)

And I saw it listed above, the ol' Matrix made an interesting sound too, well-said...that "plop plop plop plop plop" is very unique.

I have an old Trracer pump I get a kick out of listening to also. It's a real "BARK" when it shoots. Like "BARK...click-click...BARK...click-click...BARK"

Ok I've probably bored you guys enough with my alliterative onomatopaeas. I'm going to go now.
Josh

fire1811
08-14-2004, 07:42 AM
its not really wierd but the coolest sounding gun still IMO was a classic rt shooting with a old dye boomstick. it made this sweet clincking noise. still can hear it in my head, loved it.

afultz075
08-14-2004, 09:00 AM

Well, that sucks, i've even seen old Taso suppressors for paintball guns that were made in the late '80's when porting wasn't heard of yet.

CaptaiN_JacK
08-14-2004, 09:38 AM
The Nova is by far the wierdest sounding marker I've used (and I still have it!). It's pretty quiet, but it acutally does sound like a wet fart. It mesmerizes everybody I show it to. Pretty amazing.

bryceeden
08-14-2004, 09:47 AM
A mag with a boomstick sounds strange on tape(it sounds normal in person, but strange on tape)

I would have to vote rainmaker for strangest sound.

PzYcO
08-14-2004, 06:57 PM
i love the cocker noise, kachet kachet

Xyxyll
08-14-2004, 07:28 PM
I still think Vikings sound weird.

SpecialBlend2786
08-14-2004, 07:41 PM
yeah, i forgot about shoebox shockers. weird sounding? yessir.

sarpadian
08-15-2004, 10:56 AM
Out of everything that I have heard, I would definately have to vote for the Nova. The rainmaker does have a different sound, but nowhere near as strange as the nova. You have the sound of the barrel slamming back after every shot.

Slow shooting = pick clunk pick clunk pick clunk

Fast shooting = Wet fart

Plus you have to give it points for looks. Mine picked up the nickname "***** gun" at my field.

StormSurge
08-15-2004, 06:39 PM
My pump action traccer on HPA

octane2079
08-15-2004, 07:16 PM
Alley Cat with stock barrel ploop ploop ploop

FutureMagOwner
08-15-2004, 07:50 PM
A mag with a boomstick sounds strange on tape(it sounds normal in person, but strange on tape)

I would have to vote rainmaker for strangest sound.

mine sounded just like a thunking noise, my emag sounds different though, it was defiantnly a unique sounding gun, my cocker sounded pretty cool too, the weirdest guns i have to say though are pumps in general but specifically sl-68 IIs, i have one and a couple other people do too and you can tell whenever someone is using theirs because its obvious from the get go

scrumpy
08-15-2004, 08:32 PM
The wierdest sounding marker I've heard is a PGP2k, sounds like a cork gun...*Pthlunk*............ The awesomest is the ATS10, every time I play scenario paintball and I hear one of those it puts a sense of pride in me for some reason. The far off cackling is so great.

Spleen
08-16-2004, 03:50 AM
My viking. If you have played with me, you will know what im talking about. After railing on it without stoping for a bit, it starts making some crazy *** lazer noise. 2 techs and pretty much anyone on pbn who responded to my post said its nothing to be worrieid about.

Bolter
08-16-2004, 09:09 AM

(He has since replaced the barrel and the noise stopped, sadly.)

My ATCI TM-11A also sounds kinda weird. I don't know how to describe it... Perhaps I'll look into getting a sound file from it, if AO would enjoy such things.

Ive seen flames and that noise come out of guns with titanium barrels. Well I say flames it was actually sparks but it was an indoor site and it was slightly dark so it looked like flames. But you said stock barrel so I dunno.......

it was going "kaching kaching" though...

LittlePaintballBoy
08-16-2004, 09:39 AM
My old matrix. It sounded so freaking awesome, at AO*CA it was known by some as 'The Vespa' :D I loved that gun.

-Tab
08-16-2004, 01:34 PM
matrices do sound pretty weird.
they sound kinda like they're low on air - to me anyway

Hairball
08-16-2004, 02:00 PM
My 98 has a pretty weird noise. The bolt hitting the valve has kind of a "PINK!" sound. The air moving down the barrel ends up pretty loud too, the barrel has almost no porting.

LudavicoSoldier
08-16-2004, 02:48 PM
My old PMI-1 made a kinda "phonnnnnnnnk" noise. My old unibarrel phantom honked as well.

brtncstm160
08-16-2004, 02:49 PM
I'd say probably an improperly set matrix, is a little weird sounding, it sounds like a good rank fart to be truthful.

JJ

BionicSniper
08-16-2004, 04:05 PM
Is a paintball marker actually considered a "firearm" by the ATF? I don't think so.

Bull's fart all the time... Haven't you ever been around cattle? I'm pretty sure they have farms up in Jersey! ;)

Gotta love the "wet fart" sound of older spool valve markers. My favorite!

Paintball MARKERS are not consdered firearms so this law does not apply

contacted local pollice

Igotu
08-16-2004, 04:35 PM
id have to say assault 80 is the weirdest if you ask me.

-Tab
08-16-2004, 04:47 PM
oh ya...viper VM1's sound pretty weird.
they're incredibly loud and have that *PING* noise to 'em.

Dryden
08-16-2004, 05:16 PM
What I thought was the strangest sound I'd ever heard on a paintball field was probably the first time I heard a PMI-3 running out of air - where the marker doesn't cycle completely so it burps through 20 cycles really fast. I remember the first time I saw one in 1990, a guy we regularly played against showed up one day with a PMI-3 and we were all terrified every time we heard that sound. We'd think he was shooting full auto or something. It took us about a month to figure out it meant he didn't have any air so we should actually be bull rushing him instead of cowering in fear.

Man ... I miss the days when it was 16 people with pumps vs. the 4 guys with semi autos. :)

Furby
08-16-2004, 05:19 PM
Definitely have to concur on Nova 700's....that "click-thump" sound still scares the crap out of me to this day...a teammate had one and since the sound is nondirectional, you could never tell where it was coming from. Just "click-thump" and you were gone!

This same guy has a Custom BM2K with an AKA Sidewinder on it...the whirring sound the reg makes as it recharges absolutely fascinates me.

'03 Shockers have a weird sound to them...it's hard to describe.

The old Shoebox Shockers always sounded like a mistimed 'cocker to me....

Muzikman
08-16-2004, 05:24 PM
An SMG 60 is the strangest sounding gun. I'll post a clip at some point.

The ring from a mag with an 8" crownpoint barrel is also pretty wild. Not only is it LOUD, but it "Pings" with every shot:)

Igotu
08-16-2004, 07:22 PM
just if anybody wants to know i saw an smg 60 for sale on ebay today.

mark_426
08-16-2004, 09:59 PM
The VM68 I played with the other day had quite the loud hammer sound..

Tippmann A-5's with stock barrels are cannons, and they seem to have an impact when they hit you (one spun my mask around once, I could've lost my nose :D).. where's your mid guy when you need him

I have a Maverick that I use occasionally, but you almost need earplugs to shoot it without the "barrel extension" :D

I don't know how you guys say Vikings/Excals make weird sounds, as there is hardly any (to my experience)...

Some Matrices and most Shockers also have quite odd sounds.. like *pop - there goes 500psi-*

Cockers have the psh-chk type sound, very unique..

I'm done now...

captian pinky
10-24-2004, 08:33 PM
captian jack is correct in saying that the nova is the wierdest sounding marker but that is of course stock and having nothing done to it it is very guite and is intresting to shoot my uncle has one :shooting:

JoshK
10-24-2004, 08:35 PM
wow...old post...but thanx for you imput :)

automagkid24
10-24-2004, 10:16 PM
Yah nova for sure

XSSPL
10-24-2004, 11:03 PM
hands down - the strangest sounding marker I've ever heard in my playing experience were the ORIGINAL Cockers - "chick, bloop, chick,slish,bloop" - fu**ing odd if you ask me.

skife
10-25-2004, 12:02 AM
BKO with no barrel = pak pak pak pak pak
mag was waay quiet.
cocker - klachink klachink
pgp missing the spring that prevents the bolt from sliding back when not haning out of it - huge pop and lots of CO2 smoke, looks kinda like a black powder rifle.

Enos Shenk
10-25-2004, 12:02 AM
I like my cocker sound, BAM-click-BAM-click

ATS guns sound mean, very loud very intimidating.

My carbine sounds like a steam engine with all the valve exhaust.

Crossing the Ocean
10-25-2004, 11:15 AM
I'd have to say a Sheridan KP-3. Click Click THUMP.

Thordic
10-25-2004, 12:42 PM
I was always partial to a PGP. Sounds like those old Vietnam grenade launchers.

*floomp* *click* *floomp*

Old crown point "tuning fork" barrels for mags make a really unique noise.

Overall, though, Rainmakers. If you shoot them without a barrel on, people will dive for cover thinking someone brought a real gun.

Mosfet
10-25-2004, 01:21 PM
Paintball MARKERS are not consdered firearms so this law does not apply

contacted local pollice

The thing you have to watch for is that while the ATF states that an illegal silencer is one made for a real firearm, the fact remains that one made for a paintball marker CAN be put onto a real firearm no problem. This can create a very borderline situation, where you try to prove what exactly you made it for.

If the suppressor were built around and permanently mounted to a barrel, then there wont be any issue in proving its intended use.

-----

as for sounds, I once took a tippy 98 barrel and chopped it off about 1/4" behind the mid barrel porting, creating a nice 4 inch barrel that was tremendously loud! :D

My friend's autococker sounds like a sewing machine.

and my other friends minimag with steel barrel sounds a bit like an M16 with a very metalic pinging clanking noise.

SummaryJudgement
10-25-2004, 01:57 PM
I once saw a guy scare four players out of a bunker with a rainmaker. It sounded like a cannon going off. I was firing one in my apartment ( only a couple of shots) and my neighbor alomost called the cops because he thought someone was trying to kill me.

ANd cockers' on low air always sounded very "ploppy" to me. I read the comment about the old school shockers. A guy I knew had one that made a distinctive "ping" like ringing bell sound....

MonsterMag
10-25-2004, 02:00 PM
sherdain txs , sounds like a pooff :cheers:

frischtr
10-25-2004, 03:01 PM
No one has mentioned the distinctive click that Intimidators make...

thelane
10-25-2004, 03:18 PM
my mag, it sounds like a little ballon, balon, balleon, balon,balooen ya no the thinds that u fill up for parties ...yup

NewbieMagMan10988
10-25-2004, 04:21 PM
I would say the old sheridan pumps. I was in a air ball game with a bunch of angels, and one guy with the sheridan. It was funny to hear the angel guys ripping, then a little "chink clank, fffffooooop" and then seeing a guy with green paint all over his face walk off the field. After 5 "chink clack, ffffffoooops" 4 guys were out. I love that sound.....

Thunder Bunny
10-25-2004, 09:28 PM
My brother has a Vector, one of the loudest guns I have heard, then he went and put a cone on the end of the barrel to make it LOUDER!
Vectors are basically mech Rainmakers, so he took RM electronics and put it in his Vector.

Steelrat
10-25-2004, 09:42 PM
My old matrix. It sounded so freaking awesome, at AO*CA it was known by some as 'The Vespa' :D I loved that gun.

LOL, that was my nickname for it, I swear it sounded like some sort of motor scooter.

Some people say my excalibur sounds odd. Excals make a kind of "pinging" noise that is supposed to be easy to recognize.

Tippman 98s sound like damn cannons, and thats interesting in itself.

cheetah256
10-25-2004, 11:53 PM
i should make a video of my nova.

i do have to agree though, ATS guns are intimidating as all hell on the field.

shaunyoung000
10-25-2004, 11:55 PM
Hooking a talon plastic pump up to constant air makes a weird noise, wish I had a clip. I'll try to find the talon......But I think I killed it......

pump
10-26-2004, 12:24 AM
i bet that PVC gun Deadly Wind made a while back was funny sounding

Evil1
10-26-2004, 12:43 AM
I used to think that smart mags had a real distinctive sound to them. To me they sounded like the last shot you get with a gun just before it runs out of air. I am not talking about the gun hiccuping either, the last real shot you get before the gun starts to hiccup.