PDA

View Full Version : FOX announces return of Family Guy!!

BobTheCow
08-14-2004, 12:28 AM
...and there was much rejoicing.

W0000000000T!!!

http://www.fox.com/familyguy/

August 03, 2004

FOX COMFIRMS FAMILY GUY RETURN:

Family Guy marathon!!!

It reads:
"In anticipation of Family Guy's return to FOX next year, mini-marathons including Seth MacFarlane's favorite episodes from the first three seasons will air on two nights in August!

Tune in Wednesday, August 18th and Wednesday, August 25th from 8-10 pm to catch FOUR back-to-back episodes of FAMILY GUY!
:dance:

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
08-14-2004, 12:30 AM
Sweet mother of God. :headbang: :clap:

Warewolf50
08-14-2004, 12:31 AM
Hm yea, relatively old news, i think i posted it up bout 6 months ago but who cares. EVERYONE must know of this new season so fox dosent cancel it again. THIS IS ONE REPOST I LOVE.

_tMAN
08-14-2004, 12:35 AM
When will it end.
I mean don't get me wrong it's a great cartoon, but it seems to be going to everyone's heads.

WenULiVeUdiE
08-14-2004, 01:14 AM
Awesome! Best show ever returns. I think it's the first animated series to ever return to prime time tv. Also, they had Seth MacFarlane's favorite episodes a week or so ago on Adult Swim.

MaChu
08-14-2004, 02:58 AM
Why has this cartoon gone to everyone's head? Because it has to be one of the greatest tradgedies and comeback ever known to TV history. Family Guy rocks! Lets recap:

-Fox cuts Family Guy, no doubt one of the funniest cartoons since the first few seasons of the Simpsons, heck even better
-People are mad, really really mad
-Adult Swim picks up Family Guy
-People watch with the vengence boosting AS viewer ratings through the roof.
-FG season DVD's have been selling like hotcakes
-Fox realizes how retarded they are, how much the Simpsons suck now, and decides "Hey, we can get a alot of viewers and not have to pay tens of millions for one more crappy episode anymore of the Simpsons when we can pay the same and get a whole season of fresh, new, funnier material."
-(future) The world rejoices
-(future)Seth McFarlane owns the world

Family Guy and Southpark have to be two of the most funniest shows on TV right now.

This will be me all during the new season---> :rofl: :hail: :rofl: :cheers: :hail: :rofl: :dance:

AGDlover
08-14-2004, 03:10 AM
ya i love family guy its my favorite show of all time i put a sesion pass on it on my teivo! ahhh can't go wrong with tievo

UltimatePaintballer
08-14-2004, 10:48 PM
took them long enough to recognize that they screwed up by taking it off in the first place

RogueFactoryKid
08-14-2004, 11:07 PM
Yeah, i believe family guy has been cut more than once from fox, but hey i was there when they had the first debut of the show right after the superbowl in 97' or 98' i forget what year but i was in 4th grade and thought it was the funniest show ever... I cant wait for another new season, but it does mean im gonna end up buying another family guy dvd :( I hate being poor...*grumbles* stupid family guy makes me bankrupt.

SlipknotX556
08-14-2004, 11:10 PM
I dont need to watch family guy on TV, I own every box set of family guy, so I am set :D .

fire1811
08-14-2004, 11:32 PM
sweet

Echo419
08-15-2004, 12:12 AM
family guy ****ing owns... back off admins

i know it comes on at 11 and 2 on Weekdays on Adult Swim, but what about weekends?

Warewolf50
08-15-2004, 12:13 AM
I dont need to watch family guy on TV, I own every box set of family guy, so I am set :D .

next year on fox ther eis actually gonna be a new season. Umm i believe that fox should ditch simpsons and pick back up futurama. Futurama hass soo much potential for a few more great seasons. Simpsons jsut plain sucks now. The reason fam guy never stuck in ther first place was becasue fox kept moving around what time new episodes would come on and never alowed terh show to pick up a real fan base.

paintballer20
08-15-2004, 12:18 AM
Im Happy YAY!! :clap: :hail: :bounce: Although thats really good, theres still one more show I would like to see brought back, Greg The Bunny. I bet no one remebers that but if that came back fox would have an awsome roster of shows with just those 2 and maybe some simpsons, and Futurama.

Rather
08-15-2004, 12:23 AM
YES i remember greg the bunny. was an awesome show. with seth green and the little dimented sock bunny roommate.

COUNT BLAH RULED! :ninja:

xmetal2001
08-15-2004, 12:27 AM
Ugh, I hated Greg the Bunny. Do wish they would bring back Futurama though.

It seems to be picking up a big fanbase on Adult Swim, perhaps in a few years it'll pull a Family Guy and return

SlipknotX556
08-15-2004, 10:19 AM
I loved greg the bunny, omg that show was the best, I wish it was still on, or is it?

RogueFactoryKid
08-15-2004, 11:33 AM
It wasnt count blah remember they changed him to Count I-Iggit (Aight) :eek:

sharpshooter1286
08-15-2004, 12:19 PM
thank god fox saw the error of their ways :rolleyes:

logamus
08-15-2004, 12:20 PM
prolly my favorite cartoon of all time, but lets have a moment of of clear thought. if a show has been canned twice it obviously does not have the viewer support to keep it on the air. dont get your hopes real high that family guy v3.0 will be on for a really long time.

MicroMiniMe
08-15-2004, 01:36 PM
Part of why FG was getting yanked around is the same reason Jimmy Kimmel has a show and Bill Maher doesn't.

Fox news, fair and balanced.
Family Guy, Osama hanging around the airport.

/The safety word is 'bananna'

logamus
08-15-2004, 02:18 PM
well conspiracy theorys aside, if nobody watches a show its not going to be around long. and as much as you, me and seemingly the rest of ao love this show it wont be around long if we are the only ones watching it. lots of good shows fail and for some reason shows like "the simple life" thrive. i dont understand tv, but i feel fairly certain that this will be the last go round on fox for tfg. maybe there is some hope of going to spike after it fails again on fox or maybe it will just live on in dvds.

FutureMagOwner
08-15-2004, 06:47 PM
best sunday line up ever:

malcom in the middle
king of the hill
futurama
family guy

in my opinion lol although i havent seen malcom in like a year

Head knight of Ni
08-15-2004, 07:28 PM
A big reason it got yanked was it had about 7 writers. Fox has gone down hill after some of the simpsons writers left to work on Futurama. Its gone down hill since Married with children ended. :(

eg0_Slayer
08-16-2004, 02:16 AM
did anybody see the paintball episode of greg the bunny?
oh...and family guy rocks!...i got back to school wednesday, so a mini-marathon will be a good way to unwind after the first day back.

Blazestorm
08-16-2004, 02:40 AM
I remember the original family guy... soo... funny...

My whole family watches it (7 year old brother, 10 year old sister, me, 19 year old brother, Dad (50), Mom (45)... it rox teh box... my dog watches it sometimes but he's retarded so that doesn't matter.

FAMILY GUY IS THE BESTEST SHOW EVAH... I actually think I saw the first episode in the hospital with my little brother, he was very little had been sick, he was recoverying and we were in a room with him, the superbowl was on and we watched family guy, all of us were hooked, I think he was too, even though he could barely crawl :p