PDA

View Full Version : Dynaflow or Crossfire

TDonovan
08-14-2004, 12:38 AM
I know, one is adjustable and the other one isn't... I know tony has helped me out and answered a bunch of my never-ending questions, but I'm sooo cautious with my money it's not even funny. I am getting an automag as some may have already seen me post (xvalve & ult), and my 68/30 preset might not provide enough air for me.

My choices have been narrowed down to the 68/45 dynaflow, or a 68/45 (or 70/45 stubby) crossfire. Setting the prices aside, which one would be the overall best tank for me?

I was just worried about durability, maintenence, or other issues with the dynaflow, while I know the crossfire just screws in and nothing else. Is the dynaflow worth the potential extra work (or tell me if i'm wrong about that) to gain the adjustability feature, or should i just go with a no frills no hassle crossfire.

Anything else you can add that I didn't ask or mention is appreciated as well.

Thanks guys.

WenULiVeUdiE
08-14-2004, 12:44 AM
I'm pretty sure the ULT kills most of the RT effect. So the adjustability wont do much for you. There is no doubt that you will love either tank. But the Dynaflow cant hurt if you have the money. And plus, if your strapped for cash, you can sell it and buy a crossfire or any other preset screw-in your heart desires.

GT
08-14-2004, 09:55 AM
I know, one is adjustable and the other one isn't... (xvalve & ult),

I was just worried about durability, maintenence, or other issues with the dynaflow, while I know the crossfire just screws in and nothing else. Is the dynaflow worth the potential extra work (or tell me if i'm wrong about that) to gain the adjustability feature, or should i just go with a no frills no hassle crossfire.

Anything else you can add that I didn't ask or mention is appreciated as well.

Thanks guys.

dynaflow,
just because it has more options doesnt mean it is not as realible. i have just sold all of my tanks, i have owned just about all of them, and bought 2 dyna's. awsome tanks

Skywalker
08-14-2004, 06:28 PM
I have an 88 stubby Dynaflow and it is by far the best tank I have shot. It's light, campact, and it recharges very fast.

fire1811
08-14-2004, 06:34 PM
well normally i would say just get a crossfire
but there is a dealer in the dealer forum selling dynaflows for $225 i believe.
thats only 25 bucks more then a crossfire and your getting a adjustable tank.

fire1811
08-14-2004, 06:35 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=144885

link

personman
08-14-2004, 06:36 PM
I love my Crossfire tanks to death and I wouldnt trade them for any other type of tank. I dont mind the fact that they are preset, in fact I think it is better for me. Its one less thing that I have to worry about. I get more than enough reactivity for me with my mag.

Carbon Blue
08-14-2004, 06:45 PM
so what other issues are involved with having an adjustable tank? i have a preset and all i do is keep it clean.

TDonovan
08-14-2004, 06:46 PM
The price is not an issue in this case as stated earlier, I'm just wondering if the dynaflow will suit my needs and perform every time I need it without any fuss or problems.

fire1811
08-14-2004, 06:58 PM
i have owned a dynaflow and IMO they are rock solid

TDonovan
08-14-2004, 07:12 PM
Okay... seems like it's a solid system... Once I get the balls to actually spend the money, I'll let everyone know how I like it. If it turns out it isn't for me, well I can always sell it for close to what I bought it for.

SpecialBlend2786
08-14-2004, 07:39 PM
http://www.zakvetter.com/Pages/Paintball/Z-mans_AO_Corner/Z-mans_Corner_Main.html

Check out the Dynaflow Demo video Zak did.

pretty fast recharge :wow:

Go with the Dynaflow

TDonovan
08-15-2004, 12:40 AM
As much as it kills me to spend money, I'll just buy it tommorrow (or rather today).

Then I just have to sell my 68/30 preset to help get back some money.

xmetal2001
08-15-2004, 12:47 AM
I have a thing for dynaflows. I've never had one myself, but seen stuff online about them. And played around with them at the field. Very nice.

TDonovan
08-15-2004, 01:07 AM
Ahhh... Remembered something...

I've heard that they raise their pressure when the tank starts getting low so that it's possible to have an increased velocity at the end of the game.

Is the change significant enough to be a problem (what would the +fps be) or does this not occur at all... Thanks!

Thermus
08-15-2004, 01:10 AM
C'mon man, is there really going to be a noticabel difference in your performance if you use a tank thats 200+ bucks more epxensive? Waste of money if you ask me, but to each his own.

Thordic
08-15-2004, 01:33 AM
MSRP may be a lot more, but realistically, there isn't all that much difference in price.

Go with the Dynaflow, they are great tanks. Ive never had a problem with mine creeping, dunno where that rumor started.

SpecialBlend2786
08-15-2004, 02:19 AM
C'mon man, is there really going to be a noticabel difference in your performance if you use a tank thats 200+ bucks more epxensive? Waste of money if you ask me, but to each his own.

You'll notice it if you're rapid firing like Zak Vetter does :wow:

Most expensive tanks have regs that are high flow, adjustable, very consistant, and have very fast recharge rates as compared to lower end preset tanks.

TDonovan
08-15-2004, 02:30 PM

Well, when I can get a dynaflow for 225 and some 70ci crossfire stubby's are around 220 while the 68/45s are around 190, it's not a big price difference.

Either way, I'm ordering mine today.