PDA

View Full Version : Jon-Boy, Proud American...

Army
10-22-2001, 03:52 PM
I want all to know that a member of the AO family has just been accepted for military duty!

Jon-Boy will be reporting to Basic Training this coming January, and afterwards attend AIT to become a 56M, Chaplains Assistant. His first duty station will be Ft. Bragg where he will also become Airborne Qualified. (In "Army-ees", airborne Padres are known as Sky Pilots).

I am very proud of jon-boy to have made a life decision and commitment to serve his country.

He gets a big HOOAH! from me :cool:

zvanut
10-22-2001, 05:54 PM
congrats man, and even more so that u got it from Army :)

Magadeth
10-22-2001, 10:24 PM
Good for him! Im going in 11x and will be heading to Ft Benning on Oct. 30th. After that I am going Airborne as well:cool: Maybe I will see him there.

Not to brag, but I'm getting 16 G's over a 4 year enlistment, and am going in as an E2. Whoopie for me! (Ok, Maybe I am bragging just a little.):D

Its hard to believe Ive only got6 more days of civilian life left.:eek:

On a side note, I visited the site of the WTC on monday, and it definately helped steel my resolve in what I am about to undertake.

HOOAH! :cool:

slateman
10-23-2001, 09:27 PM
shoulda joined the Navy:D :D

kidding.....well sort of:D

cphilip
10-24-2001, 06:18 AM
Just talked to Jon Boy yesterday. Seems he is coming down near me for basic. I'll keep an eye on him.

shartley
10-24-2001, 06:21 AM
Yes, good job guys! I think all males should do their duty... and I think there will be plenty to do in the next few years...

Some children of the world need a spanking! :D