PDA

View Full Version : Nerve FINALLY Being Released

O_o
08-14-2004, 02:15 AM
Well, after over a year of delay it looks like the nerve is finally getting released.

Pics from atomixpaintball

I personally think it's FUGLY AS HECK ! Hahah to the suckers that pre-ordered them with only seeing "professional" pictures showing it from its best angle.

Oh yea, I wonder if it uses Nerve threaded barrels !

I bet it has:
1. FSDO
2. HPR that constantly leaks
3. Crappy eyes

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/4828/realnerve.jpg

What do YOU think ?

68magOwner
08-14-2004, 02:16 AM
well, i for one would like a tiny imp (this) i think the trigger is a lil fat, but tahts about it, i like it, but still want to shoot one before i make up my mind

Steelrat
08-14-2004, 02:20 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

t33kyboy
08-14-2004, 02:24 AM
Doesnt look like they put alot of effort in designing this... so they tried to build up hype to try to get some sales.... :tard:

WenULiVeUdiE
08-14-2004, 02:24 AM
Sean from Sp West said it comes stock with a ramping board. Uh oh! I'd like to see a size comparison to an 03 shocker, alias, emag, and others.

Worst feedneck ever.

Finally put a gauge on it. I guess they dont want to sell replacement 'noids or anything.

Steelrat
08-14-2004, 02:29 AM
Sean from Sp West said it comes stock with a ramping board. Uh oh! I'd like to see a size comparison to an 03 shocker, alias, emag, and others.

Worst feedneck ever.

Finally put a gauge on it. I guess they dont want to sell replacement 'noids or anything.

Stock with a ramping board? Does SP have no shame?

MaChu
08-14-2004, 02:32 AM
Wow I guess SP is in a screwing mood...first they screw everyone else over with lawsuits, now they are screwing themselves over with horrible looking markers lol. Intimidators still look better, probably will work better and generally going to be cheaper. Whats going to be so special about this Nerve anyways? The most bloated price tag ever to be put on a marker?

SpecialBlend2786
08-14-2004, 02:37 AM
geez that looks terrible :cry:

The feedneck kinda looks like a CCM clamping feedneck

Steelrat
08-14-2004, 02:42 AM
"The Nerve: Once again proving why we have to sue people to avoid bankrupcy."

SpecialBlend2786
08-14-2004, 02:43 AM
"The Nerve: Once again proving why we have to sue people to avoid bankrupcy."
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AclowN
08-14-2004, 02:55 AM
god... i could design something personally better than that with.... oh..... five minutes? 10 maximum? that is the crappiest body style i've seen on a marker. i've seen Spyder clones with more thought put into them.

amoeba
08-14-2004, 05:18 AM
haha LOOKS like a two stacked shocker....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/amoeba/positive8.jpg

punkncat
08-14-2004, 09:24 AM
Buddy Christ ROCKS!!!!

Does anyone else think it looks a lot like that "Heavy Metal" Shocker we saw pics of?

Pretty darn ugly to me.

REDRT
08-14-2004, 09:26 AM
Well that looks like crap to me. I wish I could get a action figuer of Jesus just like Amoeba's pic to stick on my dash of my truck. That pic is cool.

_tMAN
08-14-2004, 09:27 AM
Man those things just keep getting fuglier and fuglier

punkncat
08-14-2004, 09:36 AM
I wish I could get a action figuer of Jesus just like Amoeba's pic to stick on my dash of my truck. That pic is cool.

Go to the website for the movie Dogma. There are links there for the action figure. My wife has one.

fire1811
08-14-2004, 09:46 AM
Does anyone else think it looks a lot like that "Heavy Metal" Shocker we saw pics of?

if you mean same color maybe??

an i really like the feedneck it would be perfect for a halo.

for the price i think they could have come up with something a little nicer.
but with most other new guns and especially sp guns i would wait a year for them to work the bugs out of there design.

GT
08-14-2004, 09:49 AM
Stock with a ramping board? Does SP have no shame?

ppssshhhhh like WAS and SOBs don't?

FragTek
08-14-2004, 09:54 AM

Motion seconded...

Automaggin2
08-14-2004, 10:13 AM
I bet it has:
1. FSDO
2. HPR that constantly leaks
3. Crappy eyes

What do YOU think ?

I bet is does have crappy reflective eyes. SP needs to get there act together and use break beam! Way more reliable. Thats one of the reasons for the angels decline.......No eyes or effective anti chop system.....until the angel 4 fly came out.

GT
08-14-2004, 10:15 AM
Thats one of the reasons for the angels decline.

I think there is more to it than that. good point none the less.

afultz075
08-14-2004, 10:22 AM
I really hate how that top tube is milled and the knob thing on the back. I'll have to see how it shoots, I know a kid that's selling his nearly new Angel Speed to get one of these (don't ask).
I don't know though, I shot a Shocker last weekend, it was fast and easy to rip on, but there was just something that made it feel not very well made.

ilikePB
08-14-2004, 10:27 AM
haha LOOKS like a two stacked shocker....
That's the first thing I thought when I saw the pic.

Gabriel
08-14-2004, 01:26 PM
shame on you AO, shame.

SP is nobody's favorite company, but why dont we wait until the reviews come out to make SOMEWHAT of an informed decision. We are no better than those that dismiss 'mags as outdated and non-competitive based on hear say and ignorance.

No matter how bad the company, the equipment deserves an even chance. I wont be buying one becuase I don't back the compnay, but I won't be bashing it because I have yet to use them. Shame! :nono:

XbeasleyX
08-14-2004, 01:34 PM

Motion seconded...
Motion Carried, Let it be stated in the record that they are continuously declining in visual appeal.

flyinasian016
08-14-2004, 02:07 PM
I think the guy in the red shirt in the background is sexier then that peice. :rofl:

"Things that make you go, buhhhh"
- Ron White, Blue Collar Comedy Tour

Head knight of Ni
08-14-2004, 05:29 PM
It looks like a freak back stuck on a Shocker. And since when have you wanted a powerfeed plug on the back of your marker?! :tard:

viper_ssc
08-14-2004, 05:31 PM
The SP chicks were at my local proshop and they brought a nerve with them. Looking at pictures the it looked ugly but once I saw it in person all I had to say was WOW. Its really light and fast as hell. If it were just a little cheaper (cheaper than $1000) I would buy one. But I dont think any gun except custom ones are worth more than $1000.

i_baked_cookies
08-14-2004, 06:29 PM
AGD>smartparts

FutureMagOwner
08-14-2004, 06:30 PM
why did they make another ugly shocker and add another tube below it?

GotMag?
08-14-2004, 06:32 PM
geez that looks terrible :cry:

............Well, it ain't easy on the eyes I will say...........Infact, it looks like they got a bigger shocker and hit it with a frying pan, o wait, no one would treat cookware that bad :p

Athius
08-14-2004, 06:34 PM
I Like it. It looks cool. :dance:

Chronobreak
08-14-2004, 06:45 PM
since when did sp make a dm4? :p :rofl: :rofl:

SOAD8789
08-14-2004, 06:57 PM
id personally rather have a shocker. they look much nicer, and i like how they are single tube designed......just like my mag....nerves=ugly shockers=not ugly

viper_ssc
08-14-2004, 07:06 PM
I Like it. It looks cool. :dance:
At least someone agrees with me. All I have to say is pictures do not do justice for this gun. So see it in person and try it before judging it.

SpecialBlend2786
08-14-2004, 07:45 PM
I don't know though, I shot a Shocker last weekend, it was fast and easy to rip on, but there was just something that made it feel not very well made.

They feel incredibly delecate and breakable...moreso once you see the wiring inside.

I still like the look of the 03 Shocker more than the nerve.

TeamNausea
08-14-2004, 09:55 PM
since when did sp make a dm4? :p :rofl: :rofl:
^^^lol

minimag03
08-14-2004, 10:45 PM
If I were that gun, I would shoot myself. It kinda reminds me of the wax stuff inside of a lava lamp :tard: .

Carbon
08-14-2004, 10:46 PM
seriously, how does this thing operate? A popet valve/air ram? If smart parts were truly smart, the should of copied the timmy design and put some of the SP flair to it. The formula is simple really, take a the operating principles of a popular gun, copy it and improve it. The rest is marketing.

tony3
08-14-2004, 10:52 PM
I like the looks of it, it DOES have break beam eyes just to let you know. I love how everyone knows how it will preform before it comes out. Someone really needs to take a sp product before its released, photoshop it on a mag parts(emag frame etc) and post pics etc, and see the reaction, then say its smart parts... that would be so funny.

evan123
08-14-2004, 10:58 PM
I think it looks sleek compared to all of you.

Wc Keep
08-14-2004, 11:10 PM
i think it looks nice. it intrigues me. i would like to shoot one though cause im all about the feel in my hands in game.

viper_ssc
08-14-2004, 11:13 PM
I like the looks of it, it DOES have break beam eyes just to let you know. I love how everyone knows how it will preform before it comes out. Someone really needs to take a sp product before its released, photoshop it on a mag parts(emag frame etc) and post pics etc, and see the reaction, then say its smart parts... that would be so funny.
Its still the same old vision, its just its an internal eye. "If you cant see it, it cant be shot off" got that from SP catalog.

MonsterMag
08-15-2004, 12:06 AM
not a bad LOOKIN marker , how does it shoot?

xmetal2001
08-15-2004, 12:09 AM
Ugh...its not too pretty.

Plus the fact that it was delayed for so long doesn't inspire faith in reliability. Makes you wonder if they just released a sub-par product because they had advertised it so much and had to eventually.

AcemanPB
08-15-2004, 12:12 AM
I don't know about you but I'm not going to bash this marker until AFTER I shoot it and see it in person, because then ya know, I'll have something to meaningful to add to this thread. :rolleyes:

xmetal2001
08-15-2004, 12:16 AM
I don't know about you but I'm not going to bash this marker until AFTER I shoot it and see it in person, because then ya know, I'll have something to meaningful to add to this thread. :rolleyes:

Seeing as this is a Nerve release thread, and not a nerve review thread, I don't see how you can consider these replies to not be meaningful. :rolleyes:

AcemanPB
08-15-2004, 12:23 AM
Well ever since I've been here AO prided itself as a no BS, no hype, just the facts kind of forum. But in this thread we have so many people bashing it that haven't even shot it or know anything about it, just kind of bothers me.

mobius
08-15-2004, 03:17 AM
I'll bash the Nerve for one reason only: It's made by Smart Parts. I make no claims purporting knowledge of its functionality, reliability, or asthetic appeal. I am simply prejudiced against the marker due to it's origin of design and manufacture. Quite simply: I loath Smart Parts, and therefore, dislike this marker.

fire1811
08-15-2004, 09:09 AM
well atleast your honest about its while most just make other things up

FutureMagOwner
08-15-2004, 09:17 AM
as far as im concerned i am going to prejudge their products for one simple reason, their track record with reliability with me. i have had a freak kit, rat impulse, and a max flow tank. the gun was crap, the tank leaked and wasnt very consistant, the freak kit bore sizes were completely wrong (its obvious when i can have a ball roll out one of the "smaller" ones and then break the ball trying to get it through a "larger" one) and i know its not just me because ive seen the same thing happen to other people with their impulses and shockers.

why would i think the nerve is going to be good? to put it in perspective it would be like brass eagle putting out a high end gun (although i dont have any problems with brass eagle in regards to their products)

dark assasin
08-15-2004, 10:03 AM
To me it looks like the impy and the shocker got together and had a way fugly baby

ilikePB
08-15-2004, 10:32 AM
as far as im concerned i am going to prejudge their products for one simple reason, their track record with reliability with me. i have had a freak kit, rat impulse, and a max flow tank. the gun was crap, the tank leaked and wasnt very consistant, the freak kit bore sizes were completely wrong (its obvious when i can have a ball roll out one of the "smaller" ones and then break the ball trying to get it through a "larger" one) and i know its not just me because ive seen the same thing happen to other people with their impulses and shockers.

why would i think the nerve is going to be good? to put it in perspective it would be like brass eagle putting out a high end gun (although i dont have any problems with brass eagle in regards to their products)
EXACTLY! If a company is known to have released many things that had serious issues after they were released, why would you expect their next product to be any different?

tolley
08-15-2004, 10:47 AM
"They've really got some Nerve!!!"

penguinpunk555
08-15-2004, 10:57 AM
I'd rather have a sexy freestyle.

WenULiVeUdiE
08-15-2004, 11:28 AM
I think this is similar to the DM4. Not in function, but in looks. Everyone hated the DM4's milling, but now everyone loves it. Give it a few months and you will all be oogling it.

It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where that one women has that hideous baby, yet the doctor calls it gorgeous.

XbeasleyX
08-15-2004, 12:28 PM
I'd rather have a sexy freestyle.
Amen :cheers:

desslock
08-15-2004, 01:02 PM
hopefully the release of the nerve will drive the prices down on shockers.

fire1811
08-15-2004, 01:16 PM
hopefully the release of the nerve will drive the prices down on shockers.

i just saw a shocker ultimate package w/vision go for $671.00 on ebay. thats pretty damn low

warbeak2099
08-15-2004, 01:25 PM
There are so many things that I'd like to say... I'm just so stupified by SP's idiocy that I can't put it into words. The stupidity of that gun leaves me speechless.

d00d13
08-15-2004, 02:41 PM
So much judgement from one picture...
Ever think that maybe after knowing they had so many bugs from previous guns,
they'd be able to create one without any? Ok, maybe some, but no one is perfect.
Basically, stop the bashing! Yall haven't even used the gun yet....sheeesh!

yes, everyone hop on the bashing bandwagon! it's soooo great! :tard:

trevorjk
08-15-2004, 05:57 PM
shame on you AO, shame.

SP is nobody's favorite company, but why dont we wait until the reviews come out to make SOMEWHAT of an informed decision. We are no better than those that dismiss 'mags as outdated and non-competitive based on hear say and ignorance.

No matter how bad the company, the equipment deserves an even chance. I wont be buying one becuase I don't back the compnay, but I won't be bashing it because I have yet to use them. Shame! :nono:

some one finally said something productive... i hate SP and will never support them, but the 03 shocker when working flawlessly is an awesome marker, and from the sounds of this gun. it could be good, who knows it will probably be the latest craze in 4 months

LittlePaintballBoy
08-15-2004, 06:34 PM
ppssshhhhh like WAS and SOBs don't?

WAS boards and SOB boards do NOT ramp...

riooso
08-15-2004, 10:40 PM
Hey guys this thing might be a really good marker, "With lots of personality", "Nice", and a "Great sense of humor"!

Riooso

trevorjk
08-15-2004, 10:51 PM
Hey guys this thing might be a really good marker, "With lots of personality", "Nice", and a "Great sense of humor"!

Riooso

i hope her dad doesnt mind if i fondle her :wow: :D

tippmannpain889
08-24-2004, 11:37 PM
i dunno if any of the above people will read this. i have had an idea i hate smart parts so i wnt out and bought a nerve. ok sounds retarted but ig ot it and this thing is sweet. its small light fast effincent accurate. the whole works i went and bought 3 cases of paint to shoot i have not had one break yet. all the balls a accurate and again i am using zap rec sport. this gun rules i figure that smart parts just took the time and worked out the problems...BEFORE they released it insteadof after words. they seem to have gotten their act back together and its fine i have a ss insert kit and also a 11 piece scepter barrel kit. and the bores match up. yes the maxflo in my opion sucks ***. when you can go and buy a conquest for cheaper thats perfect. i think that smart parts have gotten their **** together. and dont judge a book by its cover didnt your momma ever teach you that?

Steelrat
08-25-2004, 01:29 AM
Yeah, my momma also taught me not to count my chickens before theyve hatched. The real test is going to be how that nerve holds up after 6 months of hard play. Thats where SP stuff has been shown to be lacking.

The nerve doesnt do anything that a lot of other guns have been doing for a while now. Efficient? Unless its 2000 off a 68/45, its not a contender? Reliable? Remains to be seen. Fast? IT HAS A RAMPING BOARD! It even has ramp settings. Of course that makes it fast. Try shooting it without ramp, itll be the same as any DM4, Shocker, timmy, viking, or whatever. And a reflective eye? C'mon...

Blazestorm
08-25-2004, 01:36 AM
But remember, this one comes with an LPR!!!11 :wow:

SpecialBlend2786
08-25-2004, 02:18 AM
sure it may be a good gun, but it will never be as good as it can be with the SP vision system. I hate vision, way to finiky(sp)

tippmannpain889
08-25-2004, 10:17 AM
yea too bad they couldnt put something decent like lvl 10 or eye q into it. and maybe htey did actually do somethnig good for once

Evil Bob
08-25-2004, 01:05 PM
Anyone find it coincedental that the nerve gets released with a ramping board and the NXL announces a couple days later that they're going to allow ramping and full auto modes beyond the first three semi auto shots?

-Evil Bob

LittlePaintballBoy
08-25-2004, 04:30 PM
But it still needs to be under 16 BPS, 15.9 at the most.