PDA

View Full Version : changing piston o-ring on minimag

m3ph0l0gy
08-14-2004, 02:59 AM
Hi, I'm told that I need to replace a piston o-ring on my minimag. There is a small leak comming from the back of the gun through the velocity adjuster. Can someone tell me how to change the o-ring and which tools i need? I'm afraid not many paintball stores here carry tools for minimags.. Thx.

stoupa
08-14-2004, 10:36 AM
I assume you have a classic (minimag) valve, right?
You just need the same allen wrench you use to adjust the velocity on your mag. Just unscrew the regulator nut all the way. You need original AGD o-ring.
You can look here to see how the valve looks like.
http://www.airgun.com/downloads/valveexplodedview.pdf

Carbon Blue
08-14-2004, 06:41 PM
i dont think you unscrew it, more like stick the allen wrench in the nut and pull it out. Mine slid right out. The manual states not to take the regulator piston apart because it has a built in blow off valve.

crackerjack
08-14-2004, 08:58 PM
Just unscrew the velocity nut on the back of the valve. Remove the two springs, unscrew the to valve halfs. Stick a small allen key in hole on the front of the regulator body and push out the piston. If you have installed lv 10 bolt on a classic valve then it will leak. You will need a new reg piston which comes with new oring. Hope this helps.

stoupa
08-15-2004, 02:10 AM
Hmm, I thought that on classic valve, you unscrew the regulator nut (which sticks out from the valve) and then you can take out the spring pack and the regulator piston. Maybe I forgot to take the piston out when I was cleaning the valve last time :tard:

Carbon Blue
08-15-2004, 02:40 PM
Hmm, I thought that on classic valve, you unscrew the regulator nut (which sticks out from the valve) and then you can take out the spring pack and the regulator piston. Maybe I forgot to take the piston out when I was cleaning the valve last time :tard:

thats what i did!?? and what two springs are you referring too cracker jack?

crackerjack
08-15-2004, 02:54 PM
Never mind about the springs I was thinking about my emag valve. But I took my minimag valve apart it is basicly the same (one spring is inside the piston and one is inside the velosity nut). You will have to unscrew the reg. body from the valve and push out the piston with a small hex key.