PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used a roller trigger?

professor_chaos
08-14-2004, 12:48 PM
I did a search and only come up with people talking about it. Has anyone used the roller trigger and if so how did you like it. I plan on getting a rt custom w/ ult and was considering getting a roller trigger from whitewolfairsmithing, he has one for 35 bucks and it includes two trigger stops. Seems like a pretty good deal to me just wanted some imput from people who have used it.

tippmannsniper-
08-14-2004, 12:50 PM
they seem good its for raking the trigger

rubbing your finger over the bearing

Flow_Tech
08-14-2004, 12:58 PM
i actually have a WWA one..They are SMOOOOOOOOTh and work EXCELLENT with a ULT..he also offers 10$ off if you use your old trigger as a trade in.

Dryden
08-14-2004, 01:02 PM
I've got a WWA trigger too, it just arrived in the mail a couple of hours ago. :D

But I'm having a heckuva time trying to get the trigger pin out of my RPG frame to install it! :(

SpecialBlend2786
08-14-2004, 07:51 PM
can you use a trigger stop with the roller trigger? :confused:

Dryden
08-14-2004, 07:51 PM
Yeah, finally got the sucker in! Big thumbs up for Joe @ WWA ... the trigger is great!

http://www.bininger.com/images/wwa-trigger.jpg

DiSoRdeR
08-14-2004, 07:55 PM
what does a roller trigger do? Dont have any experience with them. And Dryden that is a sweet mag :headbang:

tippmannsniper-
08-14-2004, 08:03 PM
i already said its for raking the trigger

Dryden
08-14-2004, 08:05 PM
what does a roller trigger do? Dont have any experience with them. And Dryden that is a sweet mag :headbang:Thanks! The roller trigger allows you to fan the trigger up/down instead of walking. IMO, it's easier to hit a high ROF while still holding the marker really still. It works much better with trigger stops to eliminate the extra wasted travel in the trigger. This sucker just snaps back and forth so easy and the short stroking is totally gone!

Hands down, it's the best $34.99 I've ever spent on my Mag.

You can order just a roller trigger from White Wolf Airsmithing (http://www.whitewolfairsmithing.com/AGD%20parts.htm) for $29.99, or you can get the SE which includes top and rear trigger stops for $34.99.

professor_chaos
08-14-2004, 10:02 PM
can you use a trigger stop with the roller trigger? :confused:

I'm guessing so, I don't see why you wouldn't be able too and they sell them with the trigger stop option. There shouldn't be any problem with a roler trigger in a y-grip should there? :confused:

Dryden
08-14-2004, 10:36 PM
Do you guys see what I see?

A 15* ASA, RPG Vert Framed, Dallara Body/Railed Uber Mag with a Roller Trigger. Cant wait to see it finished!!!Ahh ha, don't forget what you don't see too ... that's a ULE rail on that Dallara. :)

Should be finished this week, just waiting on Matt to get me that FragMag that I'm going to gut for parts for this Mag and another for the old lady.

I don't know which is worse, the fact that once it's complete, I'll have nothing left to dream about adding to it, or having to say goodbye to it for a month or more when it goes to ano. :(

Dryden
08-15-2004, 03:04 PM
I will think of something to make so you can dream! :dance:Can I put a hardline kit that has an extra 1/4" length to reach a 15* ASA on the wish list? :rolleyes:

How about that raw snatch grip I ask you about every week?!?! :D

warbeak2099
08-15-2004, 06:31 PM
Anyone know if the Logic frame accepts that type of trigger? Or would I have to have something like that custom made? I'd really like to have something like that, it'd be a lot better than the stock Logic trigger. But I don't know if the Logic frame can accept I-Frame/Y-Frame type triggers.

personman
08-15-2004, 06:51 PM
Hmm, do they really work that well on mechanical mags?
Origionally they were designed for electronic guns such as the E-Mag.. it never cought on though..

Chronobreak
08-15-2004, 07:07 PM
and to think all this time i had a roller triger from wwa FIRST ! :p

dryden nice mag man what type of body is on there? oops my bad se u said dallara ...beter pics?

http://www.hunt101.com/img/211227.JPG (http://www.hunt101.com/?p=211227&c=500&z=1)

look closely ;)

i have a stock on/off it takes some skill but u can get these things ROCKING!! :shooting:

oh and rogue mines getting annod right know ;) :dance:

Chronobreak
08-15-2004, 07:09 PM
Anyone know if the Logic frame accepts that type of trigger? Or would I have to have something like that custom made? I'd really like to have something like that, it'd be a lot better than the stock Logic trigger. But I don't know if the Logic frame can accept I-Frame/Y-Frame type triggers.

i believe that coolhand changed his frames to accept agd triggers so your set

Dryden
08-15-2004, 08:12 PM
Hmm, do they really work that well on mechanical mags?Yes. It works great in particular with the soft pull of the ULT. I've tried this out with both a Classic valve with a ULT in it (13 shims) and an RTP valve with ULT (either 4 or 5 shims - not certain). It works perfectly with both. The ULT'ed Classic isn't nearly as tempermental with the trigger stops.
dryden nice mag man what type of body is on there? oops my bad se u said dallara ...beter pics?Yup, ULE railed Dallara #21. Real pics to come when it's in less of a franken-mag state. ;)

professor_chaos
08-16-2004, 09:12 AM
Thanks for all the info.

BYERSMAG
08-16-2004, 12:29 PM
Talk to Flossabe ya'll he's been making roller triggers for a couple of months now just pm him and he'll give you the details.

warbeak2099
08-17-2004, 10:19 AM
i believe that coolhand changed his frames to accept agd triggers so your set

When did he do that? I ordered my mag w/ vert frame in about May. Did he make that change before then or at that time?

Chronobreak
08-17-2004, 10:21 AM
uhm your should be the newer version 1.1 or w/e..i dont follow his closely u can do a search or soemthing but im rpetty sure after the first 20 or so he made he cahnged his to be more like rogues/agd so it could use standard triggers,safety,microswitch ? etc