PDA

View Full Version : So yea.. I just blew up a greese gun hose..

TheShark
08-14-2004, 05:25 PM
I thought for sure it was gonna work. :cry: It looked so sweet set up on my mag, better than ss hose, better than macro. I screwed the HPA tank on, and it was ok for about 2 seconds, then the middle of the hose started expanding like a balloon. It got to about 2 inches wide, thank god I saw it early and started unscrewing the air supply... when the hose popped, there was no more air being supplied. I guess I'm lucky, could've ended up being this guy. :argh:

I don't understand why it didn't work.. the hose has a working pressure of 3500psi, burst pressure of 11,600.. these numbers are similar to SS hose. I have a 4500psi tank, but working pressure only needs to be (supposedly) greater than the psi the reg is set to, my reg is preset to 850. I suppose its possible I got a defective hose, but I doubt it. Not sure I want to try again ..

On the other hand, once I put the SS hose back on and ripped my new mag for the first time, I LOVED the trigger pull and sound so much that the color/type of hose really doesn't matter. :dance:

Blazestorm
08-14-2004, 05:28 PM
MICROLINE IS BETTAH!

The funny thing is, people claim microline bursts a lot, even though it has the same working and burst pressure as macroline... :D

I remember when I ran 1500psi through macroline... that was... interesting.... :ninja:

slade
08-14-2004, 05:44 PM
buy macroline from squid in the dealers section. its the best, you wont regret it.

personman
08-14-2004, 06:24 PM
MICROLINE IS BETTAH!
Microline restricts the flow of gas into your gun, and could most likely starve it.
If it works for you, whatever :tard:
Stainless steel is by far the safest, most practical type of hose.

i_baked_cookies
08-14-2004, 06:37 PM
youll be fine with black macro. if you go with the colored stuff, you are running a risk of it bursting. oh yea, never use the clear stuff. very very very very bad stuff :mad:

nt2004
08-14-2004, 06:53 PM
MICROLINE IS BETTAH!

The funny thing is, people claim microline bursts a lot, even though it has the same working and burst pressure as macroline... :D

I remember when I ran 1500psi through macroline... that was... interesting.... :ninja:
yeah its worked fine for me for 2 years

Beemer
08-14-2004, 07:13 PM
got any pics

Is the hose labeled

The stuff I have says rated 3000psi max O P right on the hose

fire1811
08-14-2004, 07:26 PM
buy macroline from squid in the dealers section. its the best, you wont regret it.

agreed

SpecialBlend2786
08-14-2004, 07:47 PM
Tunaman sells some good macro as well. Parker macro

ClassicMagger
08-14-2004, 08:04 PM
Hey:

That is weird. I have grease line on several of my older guns and it has been on there for years....

-ClassicMagger

AclowN
08-14-2004, 08:19 PM
you could always consider Heat Shrink on the stainless. friend of mine has it it looks pretty nice actually, i plan on doing it to my Tac One once it comes in the mail.. due wednesday :D yay

Setzer
08-15-2004, 01:14 PM
Tunaman sells some good macro as well. Parker macro

I love my macro from Tuna, awsome stuff.

TheShark
08-15-2004, 02:36 PM
Classicmagger:

Yea I really don't understand it... I suppose it could be a defect, but I really doubt it. You run HPA on those greese hoses? I suppose I could give it another shot, though this time with some safety goggles on :cool:

space_weazel_45
08-15-2004, 02:44 PM
I put grease hose on my mag and after a few days of play it popped with a bang but then held the pressure very odd, so I got another hose and it has worked fine for about 5-6 months now no problems, it may have had something to do with the grease residue in the hose I made sure to blow it all out first, and i have had no problems since. If you want black radio shack sells heat shrink that you can put over braided hose.

hitech
08-15-2004, 04:15 PM
Grease gun hose should work fine. That's all we used many years ago. However, it seems quality control isn't what it use to be. The hoses are quite as well sealed any more. The bubble you go was probably a little gas pressure leaking under the outer coating. Same thing happened to me. However, since I like the looks of SS hose better, it's not a problem for me. You could try to buy a quality hose and see if it works.

trains are bad
08-15-2004, 04:51 PM
I suppose it could be a defect, but I really doubt it.

I don't. Not all grease hoses are created equal. I have had cheaper ones bubble.

I suggest you try again. I have a napa grease hose I've been using for over a year. It even survived my tank reg creeping and dumping 2200psi.

TheShark
08-15-2004, 05:08 PM
The brand I bought was powerbuilt, the only one they sell at Kragen's. 3500psi working, 11,600psi burst.

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-15-2004, 05:11 PM
JW, but how in the heck do you use grease hose as airline for your gun? Do you have to add threaded pieces on each end of the hose so ya can hook it up to the gun?

GT
08-15-2004, 08:35 PM
Microline restricts the flow of gas into your gun, and could most likely starve it.

can you honestly tell me that there isnt enough flow in a 850psi line?

ghideon
08-15-2004, 09:42 PM
I've used GG hose on my EMag now for two years (the same piece of hose) and I've never had a problem. Like someone else said, try to find some better quality stuff.

minimag03
08-15-2004, 09:51 PM
Well, SS line is the best imo. I' stick with it.

TheShark
08-15-2004, 10:55 PM
Junkie, greese gun hoses already have the correct size threads on them. I guess I'll try to look for a "better" brand heh..

afultz075
08-15-2004, 11:10 PM
What exactly is greese gun hose?

tony3
08-15-2004, 11:24 PM

IMO

SS-Safest
Macro-Practical

More practical because, its cheaper, easier to work with, and has quick disconnects without having to buy them.

I'm considering picking up a good SS setup though.