PDA

View Full Version : what part is this?

Lockawam
10-22-2001, 04:31 PM
what part for the mag classic has the powertube spacer, powertube oring, and powertube tip in it? can i buy it directly from agd? thanks

Cha0tic
10-22-2001, 04:33 PM
it sounds like you have a pre level 7 mag. this has a removable powertube, which is the part you are talking about. i'm not sure you can buy this from AGD, as the level 7 mags do not have a removable powertube.

Lockawam
10-22-2001, 04:52 PM
it says on my istruction manual that it is a level 7 mag. do you know of any sites where i could buy this from?

freakyt
10-22-2001, 05:20 PM
What's your serial number on the gun?

You might have the dirs for a lvl 7 but a pre-7 valve body.

Also, inside your powertube, do you have a spring, or a spacer? The spacer will have a number like .220 or something similar on it.

Lockawam
10-22-2001, 06:03 PM
its CF60717... i got a .220 spacer - or i did until my powertube tip came unscrewed which got stuck in the bolt which damaged the spacer and powertube badly. and now i cant get the spacer out so thats why i need a new powertube, spacer, and tip.

Lockawam
10-22-2001, 06:56 PM
up... anybody know where to get a powertube from?

Bartleby
10-22-2001, 08:09 PM
there's only one thing you can do and one thing you should do. call agd. they have the greatest tech support of any company i have every dealt with. believe me, just get on the phone with them and they'll mail it out to you within a few days. it's the only way to go.

Lockawam
10-22-2001, 08:39 PM
thats what im planning to do but im not sure if they have the part... does anybody know if agd has that part? please, i need this by saturday or im in trouble.

BlackVCG
10-22-2001, 09:10 PM
Sorry, but that's not a part that AGD will just sell to you and then you can put it on. It needs to be sent back to them so they can put a new one on and weld it in place. It shouldn't come unscrewed.

Bartleby
10-22-2001, 10:45 PM
my advice, just mail it in, they've got about a two week turn around time. find someone whose gun you can burrow cos' yours is gonna be out for a while.

Sledgehammer
10-23-2001, 08:56 AM
To the best of my knowledge the powertube is not welded on but screwed on and secured by one of the tougher variations of loctite. So theoretically you should be able to do the repair yourself - if AGD lets you that is.

Thordic
10-23-2001, 09:01 AM
No, its supposed to be welded. It's not like a super-weld, but I'm 99% sure its not loctited, because I remember Tom replying to a thread where someone was saying that an AGD tech had loctited a powertube back on at a tourny, and Tom was saying how they should never be loctited or something.

They do screw in and out, but there is some sort of welding done to them.

Sledgehammer
10-23-2001, 09:38 AM
Well, maybe they are soldered, 'cause if you heat them you can remove them. That's what John Sosta did, back when he made the Promags, in order to enlarge the airchamber.<br>
BTW, on level 6 Automags the Powertube was held in place by a (not sure of the correct English word, so I'll translate literally) spring ring.

ben_JD
10-23-2001, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Bartleby
...they've got about a two week turn around time...
Of course, since the techs are mostly at the World Cup, the turn-around time will be longer.

Rexel16
10-23-2001, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Sledgehammer
Well, maybe they are soldered, 'cause if you heat them you can remove them. That's what John Sosta did, back when he made the Promags, in order to enlarge the airchamber.<br>
BTW, on level 6 Automags the Powertube was held in place by a (not sure of the correct English word, so I'll translate literally) spring ring.

I think its called a hele coil or something

Lockawam
10-23-2001, 03:10 PM
i can just twist it and it will come off

udtseal
10-24-2001, 08:16 AM
sorry i cant help you, but that drawing is just funny, and I dont know why. I think it reminds me of pokey :p

Bartleby
10-24-2001, 04:37 PM
actually the tech at AGD are great. i live right by them, but i dropped my gun off on thursday and picked it up on friday afternoon. so i don't think they're too booked right now.