PDA

View Full Version : AO, im dissapointed...

Gabriel
08-14-2004, 09:53 PM
Why is it that guns made by a paricular company, no matter how loathed that company is, are bashed without being tried, and for thier "look-alike" appearance, when most mag owners here haven't shot the hAIR trigger and it is hyped to the max, while yet ANOTHER "cutom" mag is churned out with the only difference between the last "custom" mag is the color and it is hailed as "a wicked cool aggage pwning gat"? Has AO become just another pbnation? Are we up on hype just as much as the other guys? I know it appears that I havent been here a while, but in fact I have been on and off AO for the past 4 years, with 5 various user names. I say this to attest to the fact that I remember when we were better than this guys. Come on! Bring back the old AO spirit. It's about the game, and if one company makes good guns and bad business, say "hey, cool gun but I dont support the company" not "oooh, and yet another stacked double-tube electro... veeeery impressive :rolleyes: ".

Gabe

:::Rant Ended:::

ojhspyro89
08-14-2004, 09:56 PM
I feel you but i dont own a mag i just hang out here because these dudes are mostly down to earth. I can see what u meen. People with shiny guns all matching anno and stuff. To a certain extent its kool but why waste money on a pretty color on your gun when you can be playin??????

I feel you and i dont understand much either, i just play but while i cant which is most the time being i need a tank, i just hang out here.

TeamNausea
08-14-2004, 09:56 PM
you tried this in the nerve thread and no1 cared im guessing youll get it here to.... :tard:

Flow_Tech
08-14-2004, 09:58 PM
you tried this in the nerve thread and no1 cared im guessing youll get it here to.... :tard:
couldnt have said it better.

Thermus
08-14-2004, 10:01 PM
Good point, I can definately see that there are some users here who really don't know what AO is all about. I haven't been around here for a long time like some people, but its definately started changing since I've been here. Newbies seem to be getting bashed alot more, and the board has become less friendly.

Gabriel
08-14-2004, 10:05 PM

That is exactly why I am posting a new thread about it. Maybe more people will see it here. I just find it sad that this one safe haven of equality and non-hype seems to be becoming more and more like the other threads... just trying to help save my favorite internet site.

Gabe

p.s. thanks for putting that --> :tard: there, i really appreciate it buddy

AGDlover
08-14-2004, 10:11 PM
i never liked the hAIR so don't look at me :eek: :cool:

jdev
08-14-2004, 10:13 PM
what hype are you talking about with the hAir trigger?

the fact that the pull is almost as light as an electro - it is
shoots about as fast as any electro can - it can
still AGD quality - it is

what hype are you talking about? everything I heard about this trigger frame was confirmed when i shot it at IAO. so, as far as im concerned, there is no hype. and if you are talking about the BPS, im sure someone like J&C can try and analyze one of the clips of colin putting paint through it.

SlipknotX556
08-14-2004, 10:18 PM
I havent noticed any hype on the hair trigger ethier. Everything that has been said about it has been true, I would also like to see the hair trigger BPS analyzed, see really what its shooting.

FooTemps
08-14-2004, 10:19 PM
Who cares about this hype issue?

The real issue is that AO has been in constant decline after the WLIPP (for the newer members, WLIPP stands for world's largest internet paintball party) and the Thermonuclear Chat Party. Ever since those two big AO online events, we've been getting users that are more abusive, annoying, and disrespectful. I think that we should do more quality control around here. AO seems to have unwritten rules about respect, intelligence of posts, and such things... and recently more and more members are starting to ignore these.

Gabriel
08-14-2004, 10:20 PM
^^^couldnt have said it better

Southparkrocks
08-14-2004, 10:21 PM
Examples?

ilikePB
08-14-2004, 10:22 PM
AO and the AKA forum on PBN are the best forums around for paintball that I've been on. I have no complaints. AO is no where close to being as hype driven as PBN. I don't really see where you are coming from.

FragTek
08-14-2004, 10:23 PM
I've shot the hair trigger myself as well, and guess what? It's dope, no hype, everything stated about it is 100% true. Love it to death!

Xyxyll
08-14-2004, 10:25 PM
I have tried the hAir trigger. :D It holds very much to any hype going along.

But anyways... the problems I see with AO is that we are getting a lot of immature and ignorant members. I mean, at least be able to back up any remark you make about a gun with some proof.

Gabriel
08-14-2004, 10:26 PM
wow, three replies while i was editing my last post...

the answer to the hype issue was everyone was wetting thier underwear when all it was was hear-say during the prototype stages. We all only saw video footage and yet it was supposed to be the best thing to ever happen to AO.

However, getting on to this whole hype debate is missing the main point of the thread, which FooTemps hit right on the head.

Head knight of Ni
08-14-2004, 10:26 PM
I'm sorry but most comments were made on looks. I'll tell you blatantly that it looks like poo on a stick and why should anyone care?! It could shoot like a dream. It could shoot like it looks. I only care if it's been over advertised/hyped or advertised wwwaaayy too early. And correct me if I'm wrong but the so called hype behind the hAir is spoken word from unassociated persons. Therefore making it accidental advertising/guerrilla advert. not hype.

I understand it was a rant and take it for what it was worth. ;)

Tunaman
08-14-2004, 10:27 PM
There seems to be more than "one prototype". Ask RobAGD about the hype. I hear it can mow down a human with no chance of survival at all. :D ;)

68magOwner
08-14-2004, 10:29 PM
yea, im preety dissapointed in AO's reaction to the nerve, theres people rattling off its flaws when its not even out yet :tard: as poor as SP's ethics (or lack there of) are, i ahve found most of their products to be preety top notch, reasonably priced (although the nerve is way up there) and usally an all together nice product for a good price (imp and shocker) now, im not for or against the nerve yet. but i am being open minded to it and every other product that comes out and will try it befor i judge it

ilikePB
08-14-2004, 10:33 PM
However, getting on to this whole hype debate is missing the main point of the thread, which FooTemps hit right on the head.

Ok, so you think AO is declining. I can't comment on that since I've only been around for a couple months. There is no real solution. The mods do a great job as is. This is just what happens when a small community gets large. With growth come idiots. I guess the mods could go on a ban spree or something. Honestly though, I think AO is a good forum.

Carbon
08-14-2004, 10:34 PM
from videographic evidence one can assume there is no hype around the hair, mereley questions of it implementation, relaibility somewhat and marketing. All the hoopla is somewhat a naturally occuring "buzz" that is generatated when new and groundbreaking products are made.

And as for AO becominga pbn, at onepoint i have felt the same way, then i realize AO is like a self cleaning oven, you post something stupid or make a statement, people will call you on it. Furthermore the MODS do fine job keeping this place enjoyable.

To me AO is about the people and our common love of paintball. I like how "milsim" and scenario folks have equall footing here in relative comparison to PBN. IMHO the core vibe of AO goes beyond what you call your paintball gun, what you shoot, what you wear and what type of paintball you play.

If its any consolation, ive met some of the coolest people IRL because of AO. Big ups to norcal and you socal folks! you know who you are!

ilikePB
08-14-2004, 10:36 PM
yea, im preety dissapointed in AO's reaction to the nerve, theres people rattling off its flaws when its not even out yet :tard: as poor as SP's ethics (or lack there of) are, i ahve found most of their products to be preety top notch, reasonably priced (although the nerve is way up there) and usally an all together nice product for a good price (imp and shocker) now, im not for or against the nerve yet. but i am being open minded to it and every other product that comes out and will try it befor i judge it
The Nerve has been super hyped. It has been hyped for about 1 year now. And even after all that I bet it will have some bad issues when it comes out, just like the Shocker did. I think that's what all the fuss is about. I'm not saying there products are bad, but they are a bit notorious for hyping and releasing products that have some issues.

tony3
08-14-2004, 10:43 PM
I really get mad when people basically say to any smart parts product, "ewww smart parts" without every trying, holding or ever seening it in real life. Just because you might no like the ethics of smart parts doesn't mean everything they make is crap. I just really hate seeing people dissing smart parts products(not the company)for no valid reason. It is just stupid.

riooso
08-14-2004, 10:59 PM
I could see how someone could get the idea that AO bashes a lot of new markers. It is difficult for most people to understand how realiable a mag is unless they have had one for a while. Mag owners are sometimes willing to give up something for that realibility, like weight for instance or some other quality. It is hard for some of us to understand how a company is capable of turning out a middle to high end marker that is a POS that has to be sent back for a new bolt that works, or an expansion chamber that has to be added to get rid of fbsd. We might be hoping the windtrigger is really good so that Tom can pull one out of the hat after just being beat up and molested by the rest of the industry. His hallmark has always been "shooting straight".......which is why sometimes AO sounds really shrill, because there are a lot of us that toot alot of small horns all at the same time, but for the most part it is in good fun. So lighten up!

Riooso

Creative Mayhem
08-14-2004, 11:20 PM
Personally, the fact that people like to have nice looking guns, is entirely up to them. The hAir trigger does EXACTLY what has been said(and shown) I know, I have used it. I will agree that AO isn't the same as a couple of years ago, but thats the bad side to getting noticed... oh well..

viper_ssc
08-14-2004, 11:25 PM
Automag users are spoiled I guess, at least I am. We get so used to mags being that they never break and once a product comes out from a diferent company that has a little problem we overreact like "It sucks, it always breaks, etc" I have tried the nerve (without paint though) and it preforms flawlessly, i saw nothing wrong with it. The two things I think is bad about is the vision, when will SP learn that beam break is better and its price.

TDonovan
08-14-2004, 11:58 PM
Even if SP guns are great, I'll never support the company.

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-15-2004, 12:06 AM
ok, here it goes....

1. I am not a SP fan at all but i have to admit i like some of there stufff.......enough so for me to buy a new Strange Vision Imp.....and like it....lol

2. There was no hype about the hair trigger, everything that was said and raved about was true. The frame is totally mech and has a very light trigger which has been proven, thus there was no hype.

3. I sold the imp and went back to mags no because although i dont mind SP i will not buy anymore of there stuff.

4. I dont really find the nerve to be all that ugly and suprisingly it shoots really well.

5. The only reaosn i think AO is getting "worse" is because of all the new people joining who are part of the hype and PBN generation, not because of SP and so on.

6. I ROCK!!! :headbang: :rofl:

Anyway, that is the way i see it so please dont flame me or i will have to add you to THE LIST!!! :shooting:

LMAO JK

(NOTE: THE NUMBERED COMMENTS ARE NOT IN ANY PARTICULAR ORDER)

xmetal2001
08-15-2004, 12:11 AM
If this is in reference to the nerve thread. I truly believe that the gun is not going to win any beauty contests...

And if all these other replies defending AO with other, better reasons don't convince you...Then I would attribute the pro-automag attitude to the fact this is a mostly automag owner forum!

Gabriel
08-15-2004, 12:35 AM
If this is in reference to the nerve thread. I truly believe that the gun is not going to win any beauty contests...

And if all these other replies defending AO with other, better reasons don't convince you...Then I would attribute the pro-automag attitude to the fact this is a mostly automag owner forum!

Actually, youre wrong with the "mostly automag owner forum", because even Tom Kaye has posted and said that AO started as an automag owners forum, but that it has expanded into a general paintball forum. This was posted by the OWNER of the forums. I just think we should be the "beakon of light" everyone says we are. I love AO and am only trying to get it back to its golden days.

That said, I'm going to bed... tata!

Gabe

xmetal2001
08-15-2004, 12:37 AM
Actually, youre wrong with the "mostly automag owner forum", because even Tom Kaye has posted and said that AO started as an automag owners forum, but that it has expanded into a general paintball forum. This was posted by the OWNER of the forums. I just think we should be the "beakon of light" everyone says we are. I love AO and am only trying to get it back to its golden days.

That said, I'm going to bed... tata!

Gabe

I still think its safe to say that the majority of members on this forum are partial to AGD.

And unfortunately, there's no going back to AO's golden days. I've been around here for a long time, and I think AO has progressed quite well considering the rapid growth.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
08-15-2004, 02:24 AM
Adrenaline_Junkie - "The only reaosn i think AO is getting "worse" is because of all the new people joining who are part of the hype and PBN generation, not because of SP and so on. "

or it's because we are getting more new members. I believe that if we educate our newer members they won't post stupid threads or replies or anything annoying. If someone sais something stupid don't just say something stupid back to the guy, that just makes more stupid stuff happen

i was dumb once....(ok maybe i still am but come on guys, i got a tad bit smater on ao! :))

Basically, set an example for the new aoers

NOTE: Whatever you do, NEVER EVER look up to me...if you do the world might as well end

SpecialBlend2786
08-15-2004, 02:51 AM
Adrenaline_Junkie - "The only reaosn i think AO is getting "worse" is because of all the new people joining who are part of the hype and PBN generation, not because of SP and so on. "

or it's because we are getting more new members. I believe that if we educate our newer members they won't post stupid threads or replies or anything annoying. If someone sais something stupid don't just say something stupid back to the guy, that just makes more stupid stuff happen

i was dumb once....(ok maybe i still am but come on guys, i got a tad bit smater on ao! :))

NOTE: Whatever you do, NEVER EVER look up to me...if you do the world might as well end

Yeah, I agree with that, and also with what FooTemps said before. AO has changed, but it is also growing with many new members, some of which are just getting into the sport.

And yeah....Dont look up to SuicidalSnyper...please :cry:

FooTemps
08-15-2004, 04:01 AM
... wait... people agree with me? ... :eek: that's just not right now!!!

Well, sure, i've been around on ao for a while and I've seen the changes... but I'm usually wrong... wtf, lol

Anyway, it's true that we can't keep up with the surge of new members.... a somewhat constant... and slow... and not really surgely surge of new members.... but um... crap, I was gonna say something good too. I'll edit when I remember what I was gonna say... something about the AO community changing and evolving for the good or something... yeah, growth. :cuss: that was horrible...

d00d13
08-15-2004, 04:55 AM
You guys are making AO sound like hip hop. "What ever happened to the glory days?"
Well, just like hip hop, the selected few is where the real AO lives. So why not spread
the knowledge to bring back those old times?

Remember: The present is what shapes the future.

Meet the new members and mentor them. It might sound dramatic, but that's
what needed. We all just need a little bit of mentoring...

Blazestorm
08-15-2004, 05:05 AM
My pants itch... :cool:

Lee
08-15-2004, 06:48 AM
maybe with the more diverse crowd joining an opportunity to educate has arisen.

people will hopefully learn something when they get shouted down for thier behavior. and hopefully, they'll learn the right lesson.

the larch
08-15-2004, 08:30 AM
Well,
Using a thread about a Smart Parts marker as evidence that the maturity in AO is declining isn't really empirical. AO members have seen SP do so many lousy things that you kinda have to expect an ugly reaction to their markers just on that premise.
ALso, while this forum may not be exclusively Automag, it is still primarly automag. On that note, you MUST expect a dispraportionate (sp?) amount of buzz over new automag parts.
As far as the Hair goes: This is not just a new triggerframe, this is a NONELECTRIC trigger frame that can compete against electros. That idea is QUITE revolutionary and deserves every bit of attention it is getting.
If you take a hype comparison between Smartparts and anything on AO, I think you can come to your own conclusions. The buzz over the Hair is not being pumped up by the creaters, but by eager automag owners. Smartparts hypes its own products by stirring 14 year olds into a sexually charged frenzy.

magking1971
08-15-2004, 10:24 AM
AO will get a little better when school starts.

ilikePB
08-15-2004, 10:35 AM
AO will get a little better when school starts.
School already started here. So a bunch of the Florida punks probably won't be posting as much. However, you can't get rid of me, I graduated a few years back. Muahahahahahaha.

slade
08-15-2004, 11:07 AM
The Nerve has been super hyped. It has been hyped for about 1 year now. And even after all that I bet it will have some bad issues when it comes out, just like the Shocker did. I think that's what all the fuss is about. I'm not saying there products are bad, but they are a bit notorious for hyping and releasing products that have some issues.
well said. aside from its looks and smart parts lack of ethics, the nerve is mainly being bashed because of the track record of SP products. the tes had many problems out of the box, and i have seen people miss a day of play because their "the one" wasnt working. so when dragun develops another gun, am i going to give them a clean slate, and regard it as a high quality gun? no, im going to regard it as a low quality gun until i am proven wrong. likewise, agd has had numerous high quality products with very few, if any, problems. so when agd develops a new product, i will assume it is another high quality product, unless i am proven wrong.

Maus
08-15-2004, 11:26 AM
Yeah yeah. The, uh, "'cowpie' bucket" fills a whole lot faster when you get older. It doesn't mean every time you notice something bad, it's heralding the death of the game.

That being said...

Let's dodge the trend of posting "man, it was better back in the day" right now. You'll have plenty of time to be stodgy old farts when you're older.

ntn4502
08-15-2004, 12:43 PM
I used the hAir during most of our games at IAO...

Am I still not allowed to hype it :confused:

TeamNausea
08-15-2004, 01:14 PM
its not really hype if its being used by some and it does what it says

slade
08-15-2004, 01:41 PM
its not hype if its been proven... thats why people ask if a product lived up to the hype.

magking1971
08-15-2004, 02:34 PM
School already started here. So a bunch of the Florida punks probably won't be posting as much. However, you can't get rid of me, I graduated a few years back. Muahahahahahaha.
Nah, you are pretty decent here ilikePB.......... :p

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-15-2004, 03:41 PM

Nicely Put!

ilikePB
08-15-2004, 04:15 PM
Nah, you are pretty decent here ilikePB.......... :p
Sweet, I'm decent. :D