PDA

View Full Version : Okay AO, I need your help! Again.... :\

Empyreal Rogue
08-14-2004, 10:43 PM
I need everyone's honest-to-god (Or, whoever) opinion on this decision.

So I've been debating whether or not to put together an E-Mag. I went to AO-VA and shot one and thought to myself, "I've got to have one of those." I already have a great Mechanical Mag (In signature) but I also plan on putting together a semi-serious team so I'll need a high performance marker. With all the upgrades I planned on putting on this marker will allow it to surpass most other markers of similar abilities. So Major_Ho told me he'd sell me his Lowers so I can put together the E-Mag bit-by-bit. He wants to buy another marker with the money used to sell his lowers and he'll need the money soon. However, I just recently paid the Credit Card bill so now I'm broke. Again.

HOWEVER! I'm not finished with my mechanical mag. If any of you remember the pictures you'll see how badly scratched it is. It's in dire need of a new anodize job. Tunaman is also going to customize a new X-Valve for me so obviously finishing off the Mech. Mag is a priority, right? Right? :\

Now, for my birthday I got a new computer I've been eying for so long. It's the perfect computer for college since I plan on doing a lot of design work. But there's a lot of equipment I still need for the computer. New mouse, video card, surround sound system (It's necessary alright, especially since the speakers I have now are dead or almost dead) and some other various programs. I don't go off to college till this time next year, so this isn't a huge priority right now but some of those things I do need now.

My job doesn't pay well, especially since I don't have the time to work full-time. I could but I've got a lot of other things I need to do now. And once school starts up again I'll be severely limited to when I can work. The total cost of the E-Mag will be 1384 (A lot, I know but totally worth it), the computer stuff totals to 613, and the rest of my Mech. Mag will be 460. But the joy of getting all 3 done is that I won't need to buy anything else for a very long time. Once I get the E-Mag put together I won't ever need another marker. The computer is so top of the line I won't need another for a very long time.

So to those of you that endured reading my dilemma, what do you think I should do? Buy the Lowers first? Get the Mech. Mag out of the way and lose my chance at the E-Mag? Finish off my computer first and lose my chance at the E-Mag?

Tunaman
08-14-2004, 10:48 PM
well. Dont spend that on an emag. Email me first. ;)

Thermus
08-14-2004, 10:58 PM
IF you wont need another marker, sell the mech mag, buy an emag for WAY less than 1384 (you could get an xmag for less), and spend whatever you need on your computer, which should be most important.

evan123
08-14-2004, 11:03 PM
I would just finish off your mag you have now. It should be efficent for tourneys and you might even do better with it, i had much trouble playing with an emag due to its bulkiness of the battery pack and weight issue. The amount you would have to pay for a brand new all ULE mag you might as well buy a super nice timmy or even a dm4. Just my 2 cents.

REDRT
08-15-2004, 12:50 AM
My brother is buying an Emag for 650 and selling his RTpro ule for 350 with a difference of 300 for the Emag. That isn't too shabby for an Emag. So really buying one isn't all too bad at all. It is a fine marker that should keep ya satisfied for sometime. So if you can do some kind deal like that, there should be time to hash out the computer upgrades on a limited budget before school. ;)

DiSoRdeR
08-15-2004, 12:59 AM
The question is do you "need" or "want" the stuff mentioned in your first post. Once you identify which one is which, I think you will see the answer ;)

REDRT
08-15-2004, 01:10 AM
The question is do you "need" or "want" the stuff mentioned in your first post. Once you identify which one is which, I think you will see the answer ;)

Well, all one really needs is air, food, water and shelter. Everything else is extras. But wouldn't life be boring? :D

DiSoRdeR
08-15-2004, 02:38 PM
Well, all one really needs is air, food, water and shelter. Everything else is extras. But wouldn't life be boring? :D
You know what I mean... :)

team unwanted
08-15-2004, 06:19 PM
He only wants an emag becuase he saw how fast i was rippin' at AO-VA day :D

slade
08-15-2004, 07:42 PM
1384 is too much to spend on an e-mag, and from the look of it not much needs to be done to the mech mag. definately dont get it annoed, dont waste your money on looks when you are short on money anyway. these are the only options that id consider if i was in your position: 1) wait for the hAir trigger to come out and buy it for your mag, that will be only ~300 compared to the 1384 for the e-mag. and why did you want a custom x-valve?? 2) sell your mech mag and buy a cyborg.

pick one of those options and spend the rest of the money on computer equipment. you will have one marker that can reach high rates of fire, and get the computer equipment that you want. i wouldnt bother with the e-mag, its not worth 1300+.

flyinasian016
08-15-2004, 08:08 PM
He only wants an emag becuase he saw how fast i was rippin' at AO-VA day :D

From the DEADBOX!! OOOOHHHH SNAP!!

I was right ther beside you...