PDA

View Full Version : First Woods Game

XbeasleyX
08-14-2004, 11:26 PM
This weekend I'm going to go play woods ball for the first time with my cousin. Now I've become good at speedball, bought myself a B2k4, hpa and all that fun stuff (own scuba). Now I'm stepping out of my element, any tips how not to appear as a total noob? I've got brown pants I use for speedball that will work good and I'm thinking a black hoodie (dont have camo). Boots or my baseball cleats that I use for hyperball? :cheers:

frop
08-14-2004, 11:30 PM
Who gives a turd if u 'look' like a noob. Noobness shows in the way you carry yourself, not your clothes. Anyways, boots or cleats work fine, whichever you are more comfortable in. If you know what kind of terrain the field is, try to wear colors that match. Have FUN! I love playin in the woods :clap: :shooting: :ninja:

eNder159
08-14-2004, 11:33 PM
its all about movement....if you can move you can own

DiSoRdeR
08-15-2004, 12:21 AM
It doesnt matter what you wear, as long as it isnt a blue dye jersey(lets just say I got lit up that game ;) ) Wear what ever feels best, but not something that sticks out as mentioned above lol. Always be aware of whats around you, and whos around you. An above all else its paintball, go have some fun :headbang:

Thermus
08-15-2004, 12:24 AM
Try and fire as little as possilbe to conceal your location. If poeple don't know where you are you are free to move, and shoot them all in the back.

brtncstm160
08-15-2004, 12:53 AM
Pull lots of deadmans walks, if its ok with your field, hehehehe.

JJ

Blazestorm
08-15-2004, 12:57 AM
Just run around and shoot at people... going around the tapes works well, usually pinching in the center, if you're going down a tape, push it hard and fast, once you go around behind them it's like picking off balloons that are attached to strings about 5 feet in front of you, big balloons... that are red and blue... with smilys on them....

_tMAN
08-15-2004, 01:30 AM
I love using a tree half my size to pick off about 5 of my buddies before they can get me. If you play video games you'll kind of get this. You just have to know how to use angles and know how to use your cover. I have used a stump before and got hit only at the end of the game. But I suppose since you have been playing speedball you should already know this

Chojin Man
08-15-2004, 05:59 AM
watch your flanks, and don't get tunnel vision. a lot of woods fields are wider and larger than the speedball fields you are used to.

Setzer
08-15-2004, 01:23 PM
don't get tunnel vision

Best piece of advice so far :)

Dryden
08-15-2004, 01:27 PM
Walk the field beforehand so you know how the heck to find your way out when you're eliminated. :)

-Tab
08-15-2004, 02:30 PM
Walk the field beforehand so you know how the heck to find your way out when you're eliminated. :)

ahhh....very good advice.
i lost my way in a HUGE woodball course that i had never played in before.

and yes, i ended up getting shot up....after i was out