PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Bikes RULE

Derman2k
08-14-2004, 11:40 PM
I just got my first pocket bike today. It only goes like 45. I was wondering how to make it faster besides waiting for the engine to break in a bit. Also, any good forums for pocket bikes like AO a bit?

-Tab
08-14-2004, 11:42 PM
my cousin just bought one. those things are insanely fast.
he did a lot of stuff to his. painted it, put underglow, and had some guy who works on street bikes tweak and tune. it's way faster and sounds better now.

have fun w/ it. they're a blast!

MonsterMag
08-14-2004, 11:45 PM
kewl got any pics of it? ,i never seen a pocket bike b4

Derman2k
08-14-2004, 11:52 PM
Sorry no pics. It just looks like a crotch rocket that goes up to your knees.

So you think I should just take it to a motorcyle place and ask them to tune it up and whatnot? maybe bore it out to get more CCs or is that a bad idea?

TylerDurden
08-15-2004, 12:00 AM
Nitrous? :D

Warewolf50
08-15-2004, 12:16 AM
Nitrous? :D

HMMM having nirtous on a vehicle that puts u 2 ft of the ground, DOO ITT.

DiSoRdeR
08-15-2004, 12:34 AM
So you think I should just take it to a motorcyle place and ask them to tune it up and whatnot?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Would like to see the reaction on their faces if you did that :D

Derman2k
08-15-2004, 12:39 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Would like to see the reaction on their faces if you did that :D

lol... it would be pretty funny. but theres this place by me that does quads, dirtbikes and motorcycles and i was gonna check there to see if they had them for sale but they were closed so i found one at a car wash off the highway heh. maybe i'll check in there and just ask about them see if they know anyplace around here?

eg0_Slayer
08-16-2004, 02:38 AM
i remember watching a show where this guy had to get to mardi grad on like a PW50 lol....he went to some random bike shop and had them bore it out for them...didnt help much lol. now that I think about it, it was viva la bam!

cpm666
08-16-2004, 04:13 PM
http://www.redrebellion.com/pocketbike1.jpg

http://www.redrebellion.com/pocketbike2.jpg

thats my pocket bike, its electric and go like 12 MPH :wow: , but is still fun, my friend has a gas powered one and its alot nicer, but thats what they look like.

CaptaiN_JacK
08-16-2004, 04:33 PM
Take it to a Harley-Davidson dealer. They will totally hook you up.

ANyways, is your's street legal? I know a lot of them aren't and they are pointless then.

Derman2k
08-16-2004, 05:14 PM
Its got the blinkers and whatnot but I can't drive it in New York. But where my sis lives you can so I'm gonna take it down there. And what can they do at a harley place?

GNARKILL
08-16-2004, 05:29 PM
i raxce go karts at a local track and they have pocketbike races out there, a friend of mine named david meyers has the land speed record of like 66 mph on a pocket bike

Muzikman
08-16-2004, 05:31 PM
I want one just to race people in a parking lot. There is NO way you would get me on one on the street. You wanna kill yourself? That would be the way to do it.

cphilip
08-16-2004, 06:37 PM
Yea stay off the streets with em guys. They are not street legal and never will be.... plus I need all you kids to live long enough to get jobs and pay Social Security... after I die then fine... go ahead and do what you want.... in the mean time I counting on your paying in! :D

-Tab
08-16-2004, 06:44 PM
Yea stay off the streets with em guys. They are not street legal and never will be.... plus I need all you kids to live long enough to get jobs and pay Social Security... after I die then fine... go ahead and do what you want.... in the mean time I counting on your paying in! :D

i was talking to a police officer in our town about them. he said as long as you stay out of traffic, the police in our town won't do anything.
is this 100 percent true?? i don't know. my cousin who owns the bike rides in front of his house and around the block all the time. his neighbor is a cop.
i really don't see how they can be legal, nor do i see how they would let you ride them on sidewalks, but i did talk to a police officer.

professor_chaos
08-16-2004, 06:51 PM
I'm sure cops attitudes will differ from city to city, but in most places they are illegal. You might be able to ride them on secondary streets in small towns and get away with it, when there's no traffic of course. You should check though, no need spending 300-500 bucks on one and getting it impounded.

-Tab
08-16-2004, 06:54 PM
I'm sure cops attitudes will differ from city to city, but in most places they are illegal. You might be able to ride them on secondary streets in small towns and get away with it, when there's no traffic of course. You should check though, no need spending 300-500 bucks on one and getting it impounded.

that's also what i was thinking. i'm sure they all vary from city to city like you said, but he's taken it down some pretty major streets.

i'd have to find out for myself if it's 100 percent true, but i'm in no mood to purposely get pulled over

whymillywhy
08-16-2004, 06:59 PM
I saw someone on a street with one in a town of 100,000 and I saw someone on one here on the street in a town of 2000, but our cops are lazy people

cphilip
08-16-2004, 07:03 PM
I saw someone on a street with one in a town of 100,000 and I saw someone on one here on the street in a town of 2000, but our cops are lazy people

Not street legal? yes...

will they enforce it? When enough people die they will....

Want to contribute to the speed up of notoriety and increased enforcement? Go on out there and get killed...

bofh
08-16-2004, 07:08 PM
I want one just to race people in a parking lot. There is NO way you would get me on one on the street. You wanna kill yourself? That would be the way to do it.

Yeah, it's a parking lot only toy.

http://www.stnelson.com/truck/img_0403.jpg

oh and BTW? only 45? I rather doubt it goes anywhere near that fast. 30mph is a pants puckering experience.

punkncat
08-16-2004, 07:17 PM
I have to admit I am both thrilled and appaled at the development of these little murder on wheels.

They can certainly be fun. They aren't really too dangerous when using them in an appropriate place with the proper safety equipment. Suited up right and helmeted , you pretty much just roll out of anything that could happen.

Riding on the street is extremely dangerous . You put yourself in a position that makes it easy to be rolled on top of by a car. Put your melon right at bumper height , and your head was not made to meet a bumper , nor your body to be rolled over by the car afterward.

Without proper safety gear you can get really messed up too. A good paintball friend of mine found this out while just goofing off in his 'hood. After the spill he has a broken nose , collar bone , foot , and wrist. This was while doing less than 35MPH.

When your folks decide not to get you one , don't be too mad...they just want to see you outlive them.

bofh
08-16-2004, 08:18 PM
Riding on the street is extremely dangerous . You put yourself in a position that makes it easy to be rolled on top of by a car. Put your melon right at bumper height , and your head was not made to meet a bumper , nor your body to be rolled over by the car afterward.

Any collision with a car and a motorcycle, the cyclist loses. The pocket bikes have the worse feature of being almost invisable, more so then normal cycles, since you are low to hide behind a car hood.

Without proper safety gear you can get really messed up too. A good paintball friend of mine found this out while just goofing off in his 'hood. After the spill he has a broken nose , collar bone , foot , and wrist. This was while doing less than 35MPH.

Even with safety gear, a fall is nothing to sneeze at. The proper gear doesn't make you invurnerable. it just can help a lot. Be careful out there.

tony3
08-16-2004, 08:25 PM
I was considering getting one, but after this thread, I changed my mind :(

CaptaiN_JacK
08-16-2004, 08:51 PM
I was joking about going to a Harley dealership, they'd probably laugh you right out of the store.

dj89
08-16-2004, 08:58 PM
http://www.redrebellion.com/pocketbike1.jpg

http://www.redrebellion.com/pocketbike2.jpg

thats my pocket bike, its electric and go like 12 MPH :wow: , but is still fun, my friend has a gas powered one and its alot nicer, but thats what they look like.

what do you race?

sharpshooter1286
08-16-2004, 10:48 PM
my friend got one not to long ago, his was really unreliable and the brakes didnt work, it didnt idle, and it took 100 feet to stop if you wanted to go on it at all, it was so dangerous. i went on it, and i tried going on a guys lawn to stop so i could jump off, it was still going 45 so i had to swerve and get back on the street, and needed all of the 100 feet to slow down, its really dangerous, because my feet started to skim at one point and it went out of control.

Reaver
08-16-2004, 10:57 PM
sold mine. www.pocketbikeplanet.com

shadowfalcon78
08-16-2004, 11:28 PM
me and my brother were thinking of getting a pocket bike, but we thought we'd only ride like 5 times only.

1_big_guy
08-17-2004, 12:44 AM
heres a pic of my 3
http://img13.exs.cx/img13/5968/downthestairs50.jpg

Thordic
08-17-2004, 08:52 AM
Pocket bike racing is bigger in Europe than here, I think. This pic is from some place in Arizona, though.

http://www.ttsmotorsports.com/Assets/willow-4-28-02HOME.jpgif

And in France.

http://a.bertereau.free.fr/images/moi/poket_bike/pocket_bike.jpg

shadowfalcon78
08-17-2004, 12:59 PM
those people racing on the pocketbikes looks funny :rofl: but ive always wanted to ride one

08-18-2004, 06:58 PM
I have one but its broken right now. We ride them down the side roads all the time. And we once road them down Rte 6. I have the same one as 1 big guy(purple one). From what I can tell the one I have is a POS . One of the screws snapped off in the engine and I had to drill it out and rethread. Now the chain seems to have stretched or something and it doesnt have a master link so I cant make it smaller. Will a bike chain work or will it snap or something? Also I need a new left side panel.

BradAGD
08-19-2004, 06:43 PM
When I raced Yamaha YSR50's, folks had just started racing pocket bikes. Nothing like seeing full grown men going 45mph on one and being scared poopless...

The good pocket bikes are made in Italy by Blata and Polini. Those run up to $2k!! Water cooled, disc brakes front and rear, way upgradeable.

Have fun on your bike, just be careful. They don't call bikes "donorcycles" for nothing!

RobAGD
08-20-2004, 12:05 AM
Hehe one of our managers ordered something like 2 skids of these things. They guys are racing them in an empty parking structure :)

I think he has a few left, and I think these run something like $500 or so, if your really intrested in one, drop me a PM and I'll put you in contact with him.

-Robert

1_big_guy
08-20-2004, 01:59 AM
heres a site were you can get some
http://www.norcalscooters.com/

AlexiVrouv
09-21-2004, 05:47 PM
Anyone know a website i can buy underglow for my pocket bike?