PDA

View Full Version : Need some input on custom Warp brackets design.

luke
08-15-2004, 01:46 PM
I have never used the factory bracket in the years I've used a Warp, and I have never mounted the Warp forward at an angle as most people do. A few have asked for a custom mount that mounts the Warp similar to a stock configuration (forward and angled) which is easy enough to do.

So, for the third day in a row , I went out to my shop to cut them and for the third day I can't see any benefit in mounting a Warp this way, which is keeping me from getting it done. Basically I see two problems with this type of configuration, one problem can be removed with the design, but one must remain. So, it's a trade off that I can't decide on because I don't mount Warps this way.

The first configuration: you can set your Warp at an angle that allows you to run your Revy straight, without modifying your hopper in any way. This allows direct feed from the Warp to the feed tube. But, the draw back is, it sits the Warp feed at an angle that makes the set up very wide.

Configuration two: Warp feed is angled so you still have a direct feed to the gun, but the angle is less so the whole setup is narrower. The draw back is that in order for the Revy to sit straight, it will need to be modified in one way or another to allow a direct feed to the feed tube.

Please take a second to participate in the poll and if you have any design ideas feel free to post them also. Thanks for your input.....

Keep in mind that a custom bracket will have far less adjustment than a factory one if you want something that looks decent.

Chronobreak
08-15-2004, 02:37 PM
all the warp bracket mounts ive seen seem to still place it in basicaly the same spot..meaning no reason to use on other than the stock one...if one were to be able to be up further instead of below the gun i would consider that a plus

luke
08-16-2004, 08:36 AM
Well I do make two designs that mount the Warp in OTHER than stock positions. The information I'm looking for is for the most popular mounting position. Which I believe is forward and angled to the gun.

Years ago I built a Warp-Drop combo like you describe, I think I still have it around some where....

Creative Mayhem
08-16-2004, 12:16 PM
I use the stock AGD bracket in the forward swept position on both my mags and I have no issues with it. On my WL minimag, I did have to drill a hole for the hose, would have been better without mods, but no big deal. My xmag I use the AGD bracket as well, how ever I use the 90* adapter on the WL breech, so it basically points straight down, and with the HALO there is lots of room to route the hose.

this is an old pic of how my hose is routed on my xmag.

Evil Bob
08-16-2004, 12:59 PM
I use a stock warp bracket with a 3rd hole drilled in it to allow the warp bracket to sit at a right angle off of the trigger frame. This allows for really tight mounting of the warp next to the marker and tank and gives me more room for my support arm (left arm) that grips the battery pack. It also provides an angled feed path to the marker so the hose doesn't need to go through the hopper.

Hopper is elevated to provide a straighter hose run to the emag and give more room for my right thumb on the grip frame.

-Evil Bob

luke
08-16-2004, 01:09 PM
Right on guys, thanks.

Keep it comming! :cool:

vf-xx
08-16-2004, 01:24 PM
All my warped mags so far I've drilled the revvys to fit. My set up looks the same as Creative Mayhem's (well except mine isn't purple, nor an Xmag)

luke
08-16-2004, 02:37 PM
vf-xx BTW, thats close to my Warp/Drop combo mounting position, I think you were the one inquiring about it. (?) but it's not necessary the modify your hopper. ;)

vf-xx
08-16-2004, 03:21 PM
vf-xx BTW, thats close to my Warp/Drop combo mounting position, I think you were the one inquiring about it. (?) but it's not necessary the modify your hopper. ;)

Yeah, but all my hoppers are already modded. So if I moved them where they didn't need to be modded I'd have to use tape and/or buy new shells. :/

Personally I prefer the forward position because when combined with a forward mounted foregrip (15* asa or RT foregrip rail) the warp rests comfortably on my left arm.

eh to each their own.

(BTW I'm still interested in your mounts, I just have more pressing matters at the moment)

luke
08-16-2004, 03:47 PM
(BTW I'm still interested in your mounts, I just have more pressing matters at the moment)[/QUOTE]

It's all good! Well figure it out IF and when your ready. I'm not going anywhere... :bounce:

AGDlover
08-16-2004, 03:55 PM
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/6000/100_20508599_rs.JPG

i mount mine slightly forward and tilt it in just so i can get my feed neck in.

luke
08-16-2004, 08:24 PM
wantamag,
Is this what you were talking about? I made this 4 or 5 years ago. It's not machined; I made it out of steel it’s heated, bent and welded.

Chronobreak
08-16-2004, 08:26 PM
yeap :D thats pretty much what i had in mind

luke
08-17-2004, 09:47 AM
:bounce: Come on guys how about some input here. :sleeping:

hitech
08-17-2004, 12:26 PM
Well, I'm going to try a warp mounted more rearward than normal on a "T" stock and run my HPA tank remote. But then you knew that! :wow:

I'm going to still run the hose through the revy. Why? because it is already drilled, it helps keep the revy solidly in place and helps protect the hose from hits. :D

I think one of the problems with a single mounting position is that everyone is just a little different. Not everyone runs the same tank, drop, etc. However, they are really nice mounting "plates". They should make the warp more solidly mounted and less likely to snap off during superman slides. ;)

They look good too. :cheers:

luke
08-17-2004, 02:23 PM
Thanks hitech,

I hope I didn't cross the line with the extra milling.... (I did some extra milling after you said you wanted it, not sure if you noticed) :D

hitech
08-17-2004, 02:35 PM
I hope I didn't cross the line with the extra milling.... (I did some extra milling after you said you wanted it, not sure if you noticed) :D

I noticed that it looked different that in the pictures. i didn't go back and compare as it looks great. I'm really quite happy with how it came out.

Thanks again. :cheers:

luke
08-17-2004, 03:42 PM
Glad you like it.. :cool:

trains are bad
08-17-2004, 06:27 PM
I like mine a lot further forward than yall do. (pics coming)

trains are bad
08-17-2004, 06:42 PM
I used the stock bracket but drilled it. If this was on a 45 frame I'd have had to make a custom mount. I like it a lot.

luke
08-17-2004, 08:12 PM
Interesting. Why so far forward? Is it a "Y" grip?

trains are bad
08-17-2004, 09:53 PM
yes it's aygrip. I think part of it is because I shoulder my marker on top of my shoulder beside my neck, so the warp, even at that foreward position, IS right in the crook of my arm. I also usually hold onto the warp itself.

trains are bad
08-17-2004, 10:29 PM
I play hardcover fields and play very tight. So basically any warp bracket, to be clean, is not going to be adjustable and is going to be just that, a custom warp bracket than will work for some ppl. The 2 you have now are a good start but one size does not fit all. I would seriously consider having a trick bracket made for my setup, but it would be too expensive to be worth it to me.

luke
08-18-2004, 08:58 AM
Yes, what you say is becoming evident and is the reason for the research. :)

I find it interesting that no one is using a "rear" mount set up. Like I've said before I don't understand why people like the "forward and angled" setups. They really are not that comfortable, you may get use to it, but that's not the point. ;)

Really, a rear mount setup, parallel to the air source is very universal because the only thing you have to clear is the air tank. It's balanced and doesn't stick out any (or much) further than an angled set up. It tucks nicely into the crook of your arm and the for grip is not obstructed. It's actually very comfortable,

So far, I've sold every Warp user on the "rear mount" position that has picked up my marker. First impressions are usually negative, I don't argue, I just hand them my gun it sells it's self... :rolleyes:

Just for the record this is NOT about my brackets, as the factory bracket can be mounted in the mount POSITION I'm trying to sell.... :cool:

luke
08-18-2004, 08:12 PM
Come on guy, are their only 12 people using Warps here.. :rolleyes:

luke
08-20-2004, 11:16 AM
Well I have decided to scrap the custom Forward-Angled Warp plate.

For starters, it seems like no one is interested and are happy with what is available, so I won't waste time on them, I have other things I can work on. :) Later on if theres some intrest I'll reconcider.

:( Two, from the little input I did get, it shows if you are mounting your Warp "forward and at an angle" you are still modifying your hopper to accommodate the Warp hose. Personally if I wanted to modify my hopper I would just run it "parallel to the gun so the whole set up is narrower. But that's just me, to each their own... ;)

I still think rear mount is the best for the reasons I've already stated... :D

Thanks to those that helped out... :headbang: