PDA

View Full Version : has anyone ever tried this....?

SOAD8789
08-15-2004, 03:54 PM
i got tired of the hopper sticking way far out to the right on my powerfeed....so i took that pipe cutting saw thingy to it... well i got a good 1/2-3/4 of an inch off. i dont think im going to be buyin a ule body any time soon now...its that much of an improvement. im just wondering if anyone else has tried it.

Muzikman
08-15-2004, 04:00 PM
Although I have never done it, with the new force-fed hoppers, this will work. For non force-fed loaders, it might be a bad thing as the ball stack will be shorter.

68magOwner
08-15-2004, 04:03 PM
ive done it, as have many others, its not a big deal, didnt hurt anything as far as i can see

Irelandunfree
I was thinking about this today, I just got a cheap elbow with my 12v revvy I just ordered and had to sand it down to fit, when I put it on it looks way out in right field, I was about to cut it when I discovered that the only thing that would become shorter would be the sleeves that hold the hopper, no length would be shortened. Good idea though, Im sure we can make an elbow out of a pipe fitting to make it have almost no rise.

WickeDKlowN
I did it to one of my old sf bodys, but I used a dremel and a hacksaw.