PDA

View Full Version : shipping dilema

evo.end3R
08-15-2004, 06:21 PM
i ordred some stuff from pbgear.com thursday and chose to have it shipped 2nd day air...they delayed the shipment by one day so it suposedly shipped the 13th, friday, and they say that the 2nd day air should arrive 2 or 3 days...which would mean the latest day it sohuld arrive would be monday....well i sent them a message asking for my ups tracking number and in the message back, they said that it should be arriving wed the 17 which makes me angry because i paid alot for 2nd day air and its not getting here on time :mad: sorry for wasting your time i just wanted to vent...anyone else have problems like this??

CoolHand
08-15-2004, 06:51 PM
. . . . so it suposedly shipped the 13th, friday, and they say that the 2nd day air should arrive 2 or 3 days...which would mean the latest day it sohuld arrive would be monday....

No, that's wrong.

Shipped on Friday, so the latest it should show up would be Wednesday.

Its 2-3 Business Days Saturday and Sunday are NOT business days.

This is the way of the world, and *****ing about it won't change this fact.

If you HAD to have it by Monday (for whatever reason), you should have had it shipped Next Day (which would have had it to you on Monday).

This brings me to another question, which I would like to ask the population as a whole - Why in gods name do PB players not lead their need by a few days?

I don't know how many times I've had someone order something on Thursday, pay for ground shipping, and then email me all breathless saying that they need the parts on Friday or Saturday in order to play. WTF?

If you know that you will need the parts on Friday, why not order them at the begining of the week? Or better yet, mid way through the week before?

I know things come up at the last minute, but come on, if you HAVE to have the parts that day, or the next one, why are you shopping on the internet anyway? That's what your local proshop is there for, and even if you end up paying more, I'd bet that overnight shipping will higher yet.

You know what your granny said - "Patience is a virtue."

And what the scalper said - "If you can't wait, you gotta pay for it."

:ninja:

evo.end3R
08-15-2004, 06:59 PM
the only day that doesnt count is sunday....they still mail **** on saturday....

Irelandunfree
08-15-2004, 07:03 PM
Sat and Sun are non shipping days for ground packages, but nothing gets delivered on sat or sunday. Mabye they took longer processing the package, they say 24-48 hours?

CoolHand
08-15-2004, 07:10 PM
the only day that doesnt count is sunday....they still mail **** on saturday....

No, they don't.

UPS does not run on Saturdays, and FedEx ground does not run on Saturdays.

FedEx Home Delivery does run on Saturdays, and the USPS might (but sending something overnight with USPS and expecting it to actually get there overnight is just foolish.), but very few businesses ship with the postal service ('cause the are expensive, hard to work with, and generally loose/mosh packages).

Besides, IIRC the postal service does not even have a 2day service, just overnight and 3day priority, so your stuff almost had to be sent UPS or FedEx.

Also, I would just like to point out that UPS = United Parcel Service /=/ the mail (IE not part of the US Postal Service AKA USPS which = the mail)

Anyway, its not a flame towards you, per se, I just don't understand why people constantly put themselves in these positions, and then complain about the company they are dealing with (not that PBGear is my favorite store by any means).

Irelandunfree
08-15-2004, 07:19 PM
UPS runs on Sat just not ground, but the only deliveries made on Sat are "Next Day Air Sat Devilery" and Next Day Air Sat Devilery Early AM" packages. You can even ship out Air packages on Sat but you have to send them out early.

evo.end3R
08-15-2004, 07:39 PM
thats really weird because i have gotten quite a few pakages on saturday, and always ON TIME....i guess theyve changed this in the past few months..

evo.end3R
08-15-2004, 07:47 PM
i dont really care because the field i go to is only open on weekends, but im saying, i did pay extra...