PDA

View Full Version : RT ULE Custom for new player

vadn1
08-16-2004, 01:36 PM
Would the RT ULE custom be too much for a gun for an entry level player. I not speaking in terms of power of the gun, but the mechanical side of the gun, in respect to cleaning and maintance, tear down in the field. From my reading reveiws and posts on this site and others, many say it is more durable and has less parts than some of the other guns. I am looking at this marker and the tippman a5, but several posts talk about the amount of gas it uses in the marker and the cyclone feed.

I have been searching and tring to find out what would it cost me initially to get involved in paintball, marker, feeder, tank, air, mask, gloves, etc.. Also, once the initial cost is taken care of what is the cost to once a week. Im not looking for exact numbers, just an estimate.

Blazestorm
08-16-2004, 01:41 PM
It depends on what you're looking for, the RT Ule is not perfect, it requires fine tuning upon arrival, and while is nice once it's setup, it's not really the best entry-level gun.

I highly recommend the A5, you might want to look at the JT Spectre goggles (Very simple, and relatively cheap.)

And the price to play once a week varies, On how much it runs you to get into the field and how much paint costs, and how much you shoot in an average day.

For me it's around 30-60 dollars depending on if I shoot 1 case or 2... Entry is free, I just give our guy 5 bucks because he sets up the field in the morning, brings the paint and fills the 4500 tanks.

I'd look at the tippmann A5, you wouldn't have to do anything to that gun, maybe put a few drops of oil in the ASA, but nothing will wear out and it will never chop, (Unless like you have a super-oblong ball that can't even go through the cyclone feed. :D

Blazestorm
08-16-2004, 01:48 PM
http://www.actvil.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=uNQmJ1hX8tMmehl2uNzmj1KeRzm_9LXsTuk=?Pro ductID=CROsFAY7upEAAAD388GlA_2s# - For the marker...

http://www.actvil.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=O__-APTjKrz-JrXCO6s-qP5FM9I7yRlYzcI=?ProductID=wVasFAY702cAAAD3YFmlA_2 t - For the tank

http://www.actvil.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=kcXgwFRj28LgpBVCkUAgaF6qbih5E_vM4LA=?Pro ductID=EL%2esFAY7cyAAAAD30kalA_2t - For the mask

http://www.actvil.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=kcXgwFRj28LgpBVCkUAgaF6qbih5E_vM4LA=?Pro ductID=_nbAqArbS6gAAAD96a%2ePc5%2ee - For the barrel cover (Put it over the barrel when you're not playing, or in the staging area.)

You can pick the gloves, but this is all you need to play excluding a CO2 fill and Paintballs.

trains are bad
08-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Well the A5 can run co2 which is good for a beginner. If you don't mind leaping straight to a $200+ air system the RT is a lot nicer though, and as much of a 'beginner's highend' as you're likely to find.

I'd get vforce goggles dude, they are so easy to clean compared to everything else.

It costs me around $30 to play with my team till we get tired.

vadn1
08-16-2004, 01:55 PM
I'd look at the tippmann A5, you wouldn't have to do anything to that gun, maybe put a few drops of oil in the ASA, but nothing will wear out and it will never chop, (Unless like you have a super-oblong ball that can't even go through the cyclone feed. :D

From my reading about the A5 the cycle feed runs out of steam once presure dipps below a certian point, some guys are also saying when the ball breaks in the cyclone feed its a PITA to clean up. I would rather have a marker with gravity feed. Doesnt the RTULE come with or can be modified with a L10 unit to reduce the chance of broken balls before it enters the chamber...?

ryanshep
08-16-2004, 02:00 PM
yes the ule custom rt comes with a LVL 10 which makes it virtually impossible to chop, but setting it up so that it will work properly could be tricky for an entry lvl player. But if u follow the instructions correctly it will be no problem, id suggest getting the rt if u can afford to shoot that much paint and have/ can get an air system. id suggest a 68/45 crossfire or dynaflow for a rt. If u cant afford that then just get an a5. they are great guns

oh yeah

WELCOME TO AO :clap:

peewee
08-16-2004, 02:00 PM
Both markers are great. Peoples complaints about air usage on the A5 have always appeared fairly weak to me. If using CO2 you can still get up around 1000 shots out of a 20oz. That isnt that bad. A5 is a little more user friendly for entry level, & there is a coolness factor when running an MP5 /A5 looking marker.

Blazestorm
08-16-2004, 02:02 PM
Then I'd recommend the 98 custom...

The problem with the RT ULE is it requires a nitro tank which is 70 dollars minimum. If you get a ULE body you need to get the 2 piece barrel included (Or buy your own)

The LVL10 is basically a bolt system that moves forward slowly, to check if theres anything preventing the bolt from launching the ball, like a ball fed halfway, instead of going all the way and shooting, it simply stops, bleeds the air pressure and resets the firing sequence. The ball drops into the breech and lets you shoot it.

The thing is, LVL 10 isn't perfect, requires fine tuning, and overall, isn't worth it compared to an ACE for a reliable feeding system (Warp + Halo, Halo alone, Cyclone..). I've chopped every LVL10 I've used, no matter how well I tuned it, or anyone elses.

The A-5 will stop cycling when you're tank is empty, that is true, but it's true with all guns. That pressure point is somewhere around 300-400 psi in the tank, when the Co2 isn't outputting the 1000psi it normally is, that means the amount of Co2 left in the tank is very little, meaning it needs a refill anyway.

The RT Ule will stop cycling when your nitro tank is below around 500 psi. They aren't too efficient either, the 70 dollar tank would provide you around 400-450 shots. The 20oz Co2 on the A5 would provide well over 1000, maybe even 1500 shots (Don't know the exact number).

http://www.actvil.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=MblISatve75IOupOMoWI4aGmT3G0vTBtXyo=?Pro ductID=M4msFAY7Lo8AAAD3eEilA_2t - For an easier to clean mask...

TDonovan
08-16-2004, 04:13 PM
I'd get a pump personally...

If you don't want that, then I'd suggest a 98 custom with a new barrel (lapco/j&j ceramic). That should work just fine and won't cost you much. Once you feel like you need something better just buy a different gun.

Chronobreak
08-16-2004, 06:15 PM
if u can afford the nitro and rt ule custom GO FOR IT. u wont regret it but if u cant then get a custom 98 not an a-5....