PDA

View Full Version : Nubbins - how do they fare against forcefeeding?

Skoad
08-16-2004, 01:37 PM
Working on a basic 68 mag project (at least as of now)

How do nubbins hold up with forcefeeding? Halo, egg, qloader, etc.... Will it push a ball past them?

Kind of curious, it's been 5 years almost since I had a twist lock'd mag. My friend has one currently and he had problems with double feeds using a revy at first, but i think a better barrel size helped. (or it might have been just the brand).

PissedGodzilla
08-16-2004, 01:48 PM
I had my halo on a minimag classic frame, cause my revvy ran out of batteries... played with it the whole day, and I never had an issue of it pushing it past the nubbins... have fun with the project!

Dryden
08-16-2004, 01:51 PM
If the channels for the twist-lock o-rings are wide enough you can increase the resistance of the nubbin by putting two barrel o-rings around the channel near the breech side instead of the usual one. If you try this, you better lather up those o-rings real well though or you'll likely need to loosen the front frame screw to get the barrel off.

68Classic
08-16-2004, 02:29 PM
I use a Revy on my classic with dye boomstick. I have never had a problem with double feeding.

Destructo6
08-16-2004, 02:34 PM
Last time I played, I used a Halo B on my old standard feed. I didn't notice any problems with double feeds and whatnot.

Skoad
08-16-2004, 02:48 PM
ok sounds good

Thats 1 out of 3483 problems that could occur with my project mag. Whew im relieved! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rpm07
08-16-2004, 03:18 PM
Used a Halo with my old twist lock body and never had a problem.

soccer4minimags
08-16-2004, 03:44 PM
same here, halo b on a PF mag with plastic nubbins, no problems whatsoever except for it being a little top heavy but what do you expect.

On a side note, don't consider an egg. I have had both the halo and the egg. I for one would never waste my time with another egg, on the other hand I am considering picking up another halo or reloader B.

Skoad
08-16-2004, 03:49 PM
i sold my egg
i now have a halo with victory and a Qloader.

I just tossed the egg out there for people who ran them, to get their opinions.

Seems like I'll be just fine, thanks for the info guys!