PDA

View Full Version : New RT ULE, problem with trigger stroke

TheShark
08-16-2004, 03:33 PM
Hey guys,

I have a brand new RT pro ULE, with LX and ULT installed. I love the way the trigger pulls so far. I haven't put any paint through it yet but have dry fired a tank through to test it. I ran into a problem though, about 3 or 4 times over the course of emptying the tank my trigger became stuck, and I couldn't do anything to reset it. I had to unscrew the tank, screw it back in, and the gun then reset the trigger. I'm assuming I need to tinker with the LX to fix this, problem is I don't know anything about the internals of the gun yet. Please give me a hand if you have experience with this problem!

Thanks

JrnyFan1985
08-16-2004, 04:42 PM
no, don't tinker. the techs set up the gun perfectly. All you need to do is a run the tank through a lot more times. The problem should dissappear. (new X-Valve needs to be broken in). Also the sticking could be attributed to the loss of pressure in the tank, when I get below 1000, the RT system really has to work to push the bolt back. Sometimes there just isn't enough force to push the bolt back. I've encountered this problem too, and it dissappeared after I put around 1-2 cases through my marker.

i_baked_cookies
08-16-2004, 04:55 PM
if that doesnt work, occasionally (maybe after one or two tank fills) drop one drop of oil in your powertube and dryfire your gun 30-40 times WITHOUT THE BARREL (important!!!!) to get that oil goin. if you dryfire with the barrel on after dropping oil in the powertube, your whole barrel will be coated with oil. what this oil does is reduce the friction of the bolt pin inside the powertube so it wont get stuck.

TheShark
08-16-2004, 05:07 PM
Great to hear this problem is expected and no changes are needed! I just got a fill so I plan on oiling up the gun after work and running the tank through it again. Thanks guys :headbang:

athomas
08-18-2004, 08:24 AM
The Level 10 can stick sometimes, especially from factory settings. You may need to use a larger carrier size in your powertube.