PDA

View Full Version : Cyborg...

Blazestorm
08-16-2004, 03:46 PM
I thought I'd let you all know I just ordered my Cyborg... not like any of you care...

All Black Cyborg
7 Piece Matchstick Kit
Smoke Halo-B w/Rip
CP Rail
Empire On/Off (Already own)
45/5000 (Already own)

Should be coming fridayish... I'm excited... really... excited... :bounce: :bounce:

rpm07
08-16-2004, 04:03 PM
Just wondering if you have shot 1 yet. I am in the market for a new gun and I am not sure what I want to pick up.

Blazestorm
08-16-2004, 04:07 PM
Nope, but I'm saving 1000 psi in my tank to tape a video of my first time with it :D

Going to take it straight out of the box, hook-up the macro, match the paint to the barrel, slap some batteries in the halo and go have fun. :D

I'll let you know how it works, it's sounding really good though, the entire gun is rebuildable with the o-ring kit they provide, there's also a tool kit which includes an LPR gauge and a special valve removal tool, as well as 2 sets of every o-ring... I just bought the o-ring kit because that's all I need. :D

rpm07
08-16-2004, 04:09 PM
ok good luck with it and keep us posted on how you like it.

Blazestorm
08-16-2004, 04:26 PM
Update - I'll be getting it thursday, had them change it to 3-day, I was told by my friend's captain that I'm playing a 5man tourney this saturday (Originally they had another kid, but my friends advised Cedar against it...)

I'll have pics and video up thursday :D

68magOwner
08-16-2004, 04:27 PM
have been contemplating shocker, timmy, or borg, LMK how it goes

Blazestorm
08-16-2004, 04:33 PM
I shalt. I could have bought one used for 850, but the guy wasn't reponsive and didn't have decent feedback, so I decided to suck it up and buy a new one.

SMG
08-16-2004, 04:41 PM
Looking forward to hearing your review. I may be picking on up too. I hear nothing, but good things. Where did you end up buying if from?

Blazestorm
08-16-2004, 04:45 PM
Paintball Kingdom, they had everything instock and were very nice.

Basically I called in, original order was Cyborg and 7 Piece Match-Stik... I realized I couldn't buy a loader and rail from a friend, and I also forgot the o-ring kit (nice to have spares) so I called in and asked if some stuff could be added, they said no problem and I told them the parts, they added it to the order and gave me a new total... then I was told I was playing a 5man tourney, the gun I would borrow is down and needs a new microswitch, so I called YET again and asked them to change the order to 3-day (They were JUST about to ship it out...) and they changed it and re-labeled it, added 10 bucks to my total charge (around 1300) I thanked them and hung up.

They're an awesome company, they have multiple quantities of every color except silver-black and they have many match-stik kits. They're the US Distributer, Best place to get it.

SlipknotX556
08-16-2004, 04:55 PM
Paintball Kingdom, they had everything instock and were very nice.

Paintball Kingdom is the best place to get timmy parts and everything else. Very nice people and they ship very quickly and are always nice.

Awesome people.

SMG
08-16-2004, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the info. If I get one I will go through Paintball Kingdom. I ordered some Timmy parts from them in the past.

FragTek
08-16-2004, 05:24 PM
As a new honorary Cyborg owner you must be part of the 1337 Cyborg cult :D www.cyborgowner.com

w00t w00t! You'll love it man, they rock.

Chronobreak
08-16-2004, 06:13 PM
i dont care what in the fruit u ordered....i want to know what u GOT! :p WE NEED PICS!
:chant
WE NEED PICS!
WE NEED PICS!
WE NEED PICS!
WE NEED PICS!
:cheers:

tru_flip56
08-16-2004, 06:18 PM
screw the pics...i wanna see the video

68magOwner
08-16-2004, 06:22 PM
visited the PBK booth with a broken timmy (teammates) at CFOA event very helpfull and nice guys

jesseyo13
08-16-2004, 07:34 PM
Sounds awesome. Im torn between the borg and a viking my self. What made you choose it over something else? Please make your review ridiculously detailed. It seems like there is a lot of people who want to know more about it.

LOL > :dance:

punkncat
08-16-2004, 07:37 PM
Um ....... the Cyborg is made by Mac Dev isn't it ?

Isn't this just a glorified bushy ?

Not flaming , just checking.....

Xyxyll
08-16-2004, 07:51 PM
It's a great gun. A friend of mine has one. Blah to black though... the fades are beautiful. :D Enjoy it, it's a fun marker.

tru_flip56
08-16-2004, 07:52 PM
in a way your right...it has a slight resemblence of it but its way better than a bushy

slade
08-16-2004, 07:57 PM
keep us updated on its performance...

ive heard nothing bad about them, and seen numerous videos on COG. if i get a new gun, thats gonna be it. so tell us how you like it, and im looking forward to your vid :D

tru_flip56
08-16-2004, 08:03 PM
ive heard an equal share of good and bad reviews on the Cyborg

TeamNausea
08-16-2004, 08:43 PM
when i shot one it ripped like no other....sweet pickup man

-Tab
08-16-2004, 08:48 PM
VIDEO!!!!

PICS!!!

you're killin' us!!

TDonovan
08-16-2004, 09:05 PM
Of course we care! I've always wanted to try a cyborg, they look like nice guns.

slade
08-17-2004, 12:42 PM
ive heard an equal share of good and bad reviews on the Cyborg
what have you heard thats bad about borgs?

tru_flip56
08-17-2004, 01:01 PM
on pbreview...an guy said that the cyborg broke down on him right after he got it new....another said it was light but it felt like it was made of cheap plastic and others things....and some people said like another guy said in this thread that it was a copy of the bushy....but i dont know because i have never shot won so i cant really say

jesseyo13
08-17-2004, 01:17 PM
here are some pics that show the inside of the borg...and one for fun! I have no idea how the bushy works so someone that knows alot about it please tell us.

Blazestorm
08-17-2004, 01:29 PM
on pbreview...an guy said that the cyborg broke down on him right after he got it new....another said it was light but it felt like it was made of cheap plastic and others things....and some people said like another guy said in this thread that it was a copy of the bushy....but i dont know because i have never shot won so i cant really say

So lets see... 3 bad reviews out of 600 borgs made?

I'm not worried, as I don't listen to the random people talking online, how do we know he didn't do something wrong?

We shalt see thursday, considering I have 1000psi and around 5 cases of paint, I think I should be good for testing... :D

tru_flip56
08-17-2004, 01:33 PM
im not saying you shouldnt get....by all means get it....i dont really care about that.....someone just asked what bad reviews ive heard...and i heard more than 3 bad reviews....all guns will get bad reviews.....not everyone will like a particular gun...

FragTek
08-17-2004, 01:34 PM
Let me lay a few rumors to rest about the Cyborg.... Contrary to popular belief, the Cybog is NOT, i repeat NOT, based on the Bushmaster or Impy. The concept for the marker came from Tribals, yes, Tribals.

They in no way feel like an Intimidator (cheap plastic low quality garbage), and a few of them have broken down directly after being received and I'll tell you exactly what broke and how to prevent yours from doing the same thing. The '04 Gladiators don't seem to be coming well enough lubed from the factory, so it's advisable to take it apart before gassing it up the first time and lubing everything well and making sure everything is seated nicely. They are now shipping with some updated parts in the Gladiator that should prevent them from blowing like a few have due to a bad cupseal i believe it is, it's now made of some new material.

If you have any other questions come ask me :) I'm da Cybor masta!

FragTek
08-17-2004, 01:35 PM
VIDEO!!!!

PICS!!!

you're killin' us!!

Oh yeah... I have at least 10 vids of my 'Borg at cyborgowner.com along with tons of other user submitted vids. If you're desperate for Cyborg vidz, I suggest you trot on over and signup :)

Blazestorm
08-17-2004, 01:38 PM
One quick question Frag...

I don't have any Dow 33 available (My friend has some Slick Honey, and I have a huge tube of White Lithium) Would either of those be ok for "now" :D

I used white-lithium on my old old old timmy and on my friend's bushy... worked fine...

Lemme know if I have to go search for some at a hardware store or not :ninja:

tony3
08-17-2004, 01:43 PM
I'd suggest against white lithium, it is known for eating orings. Slicky honey should work fine though.

FragTek
08-17-2004, 01:44 PM
Blaze,

Don't worry about it man. White lithium will be a perfect temporary replacement for the Dow until you get some. The Cyborg isn't picky at all about what kind of lube you use as long as it's slick! I actually recommend Slick Honey if you can get your hands on some, it brought my operating pressure down slightly and noticed a bit more friction free travel in the bolt.

Holla if ya have any more questions.

madmolly
08-17-2004, 01:49 PM
If anyone knows of anyone who would like a cyborg I have a blue black one with upgrades for 825.00 comes with lighter switch also and rips. I am going back to the DM4 don't ask me why I dont know myself. This will get 1750 balls from a half way decent 4500 PSI fill it really is nice I shoot it fast and simple to maintain. I just want to go back to DYE.

slade
08-17-2004, 03:04 PM
If you have any other questions come ask me :) I'm da Cybor masta!
who doesnt have a cyborg...

is 600 really the # of cyborgs produced? id like to shoot one, since from what ive heard it looks like its one of the best guns around, but if there are only 600 then the chances of that are slim...

Blazestorm
08-17-2004, 03:08 PM
So far the latest serial number I've seen was like 590, the first 100 went to Australia, the others went to the US (Some may have stayed in Aus, dunno for sure)

But ya they're far and few :D

-Tab
08-17-2004, 04:36 PM
Oh yeah... I have at least 10 vids of my 'Borg at cyborgowner.com along with tons of other user submitted vids. If you're desperate for Cyborg vidz, I suggest you trot on over and signup :)

ooooooh realllly.

maybe i'll have to take a walk over there. :ninja:

can'tthink of1
08-17-2004, 04:47 PM
I'm considering it as my next marker also. I've been looking for a marker that is solid all around.

Although, I was told the stock switch was a bit heavy compared to others... Is there any lighter switches that I could get?

AHAHA, they really come from tribals eh? I was looking at the diagram an I'm like "that looks like my tribal" THough, it seems to be a more refined, lighter, and better stock marker than a tribal. Though I do love my tribal, something new is always good.

Xtraboy
08-17-2004, 04:58 PM
HAh! Yes!! I win!!!

tribals = borgs... ala virus = borg

wooooo hooo i was right! damn... im happy..

woo, im really happy now... i get to say a marker i picked up for $80 compares to a cyborg ($850)

im happy :dance: :dance: :dance:

slade
08-17-2004, 06:01 PM
Although, I was told the stock switch was a bit heavy compared to others... Is there any lighter switches that I could get?
borgs are now shipping with lighter switches... and if you have an early model borg, you can perform a mod shown by fragtek (i think) COG

can'tthink of1
08-17-2004, 06:17 PM
Awesome, that makes me want one more than ever...

Also what bore size is the stock barrel?

Blazestorm
08-17-2004, 06:19 PM
.689 w/ 14" Tip...

jesseyo13
08-17-2004, 06:33 PM
If it is so closely related to the borg then why not just get a tribel mephesto and just stick every upgrade on it? I know that they stop making them but get a used one, stick something like an otb frame on it and get it preditorized or something similar? Just wondering. Im sure theres some obviouse reason there. Whats the internal difference of the borg over the mephesto.

jesseyo13
08-18-2004, 01:43 PM
No one knows? Are the tribals and impys about the same thing? There are a few places to get ace put on a tribal for about 115$ I see.

Blazestorm
08-18-2004, 01:45 PM
It's just better parts.

It's like comparing a talon with upgrades to a carter-pump...

;)

TOMORROW IS TEH DAY THE CYBORG COMES TO ME!

can'tthink of1
08-18-2004, 05:42 PM
I have a ripp'n Mephisto with ace and all that fun stuff, I'm just looking into a new, smaller/lighter marker that just mows muppets gansta style.

Okay, I'll stop trying to sound cool :)

Although, I don't have the money for a borg right now anyways, so I'm just going to shoot my mephy till I really want a new marker. Also I have a 2nd tribal that needs some parts that I might get up and running. Who knows though.

jesseyo13
08-19-2004, 05:15 PM
I see your point there blazestorm. It just seems that the 650$ difference would make up for the less than perfect parts that are in the borg. Im not putting it down or anything (im probibly gona get one) just wondering. So they operate the same then? Im sure the borg is gona be 90% more consistant and gets a hell of a lot more shots on a fill. Let us know if you got it today!
:dance:

Blazestorm
08-19-2004, 05:29 PM
omfgomfgomfg

It came...

So far it shoots good, I lubed up the internals with slick honey, matched my paint and slapped on the halo, went to the backyard... trigger is stiff so I'm slow :(

I'll have pics and video up soon, and a review..

So far, it's very small (The gun by itself is the SAME length as the halo, from front to back, not kidding.) it's light, it's decently fast, quiet, feels good in your hands... it just plain ROCKS.

68magOwner
08-19-2004, 05:31 PM
vid! decently fast? i thought they shipped with 25g switches now, should be blazing, well, mabey its the spring, wahtever

can'tthink of1
08-19-2004, 07:08 PM
Hmmm? Stiff trigger eh? sounds like yours doesn't have the newer switch... Cause supposedly they are fast as anything else out there.

Blazestorm
08-19-2004, 08:25 PM
To add to the list...

As I went to adjust the trigger, mainly because it was really stiff, one of the eye-wires came unsoldered...

On top of that the speaker came completely undone... I simply moved it around inside the frame so I could see the switch better...

And finally, when I got the gun assembled and turned the eyes off, I had insane drop-off with 1000 psi in the tank.

Now I have to leave for a tourney tomorrow in which I play on saturday...

This may all work out though, My friend is going to re-solder the eye wire, and I think it was my bad ASA not feeding the gun well enough, I stuck a standard one on there and we're going to try it out...

FragTek
08-19-2004, 09:04 PM
vid! decently fast? i thought they shipped with 25g switches now, should be blazing, well, mabey its the spring, wahtever

Nope, this was a PBN kiddie rumor... I HATE PBN!!!! The rumor mill of the entire paintball community. I have a revised post on COG about the confusing issue with the 'Borgs shipping with lighter switches.

Blazestorm, if you head over to COG, I have a full high res picture tutorial on how to install the 25g switch in your borg, along with all of the parts and part number needed to complete installation. I definately suggest doing the switch mod, but *NOT* inverting the switch as shown in my tutorial, it's been proven by too many people that there's just far too much switch bounce when it's inverted, if you install it right side up, the way the stock switch came out, you wont have any probs. I switched mine around and it fixed any problems I had with bounce.