PDA

View Full Version : devilmag questions

matt-o
08-16-2004, 08:48 PM
i just saw the devilmag video and wow that thing is fast, im considering getting one made once the vert frame comes out im just wondering what everyone else here thinks about them, i know they arent agd approved and all, and requre permanant gun modification. but with breakbeam eyes a predator board and soon a vert frame they look too good to pass up.
for those who havnt seen them the site is devilsden.tv
they do look kinda fugly. :rolleyes:

SocialD
08-18-2004, 12:41 PM
Let me first state that I have a Hyperframe on my RT/Pro and I love it. It doesn't function very well at extremely cold temperatures. I'm talking around 0° f.

I saw the video when it first came out and here is my opinion:

Read their claims carefully. They state that the ROF is 35/45 bps. That sounds impressive, but the RT valve is advertised to shoot 26 bps without shoot down.

The break beam eyes aren't necessary, in my opinion, if you have a Level 10 kit.

I'm not sure if they were able to fix the cold weather problem.

I doubt that it is waterproof (either is the Hyperframe).

I'm waiting to see what comes of the hair trigger by Nicad. I think that it'll be hard to beat because the trigger pull is around 2 oz or 56 grams. That seems to be on par with most electronic trigger pulls. Other reasons that I'd really like to see it are: no batteries, should be water and weather proof, should be around $300-$350.

The problem with the hair trigger is that it isn't going to be available for awhile.

Here is the link http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=130476

These are just MY opinions.

bunker17
08-18-2004, 02:30 PM
i have a hypeframe and the trigger actually seems kind of funny while shooting shoots great but it just feels like sticky but is fast never had any problems with it.

SocialD
08-18-2004, 02:38 PM
i have a hypeframe and the trigger actually seems kind of funny while shooting shoots great but it just feels like sticky but is fast never had any problems with it.

I replaced my trigger switch as shown here: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37414&highlight=hyperframe+trigger+job

matt-o
08-18-2004, 05:13 PM
well the board that they installed in the hyperframe will do 45 with the eyes on, and unlimited without, thats the same kind of claim that timmies/trixes/angels make, i know they cant do it but the board can, breakbeam eyes are just more insurance, LX can still chop sometimes and yes i have two mags with LX. i dont relly care about the cold weather or water resistance
maybe i should rephrase the question, would you go with this, or an ICD freestyle?

Doobie
08-18-2004, 05:58 PM
I have never played with it but I have shot the DevilMag. Let me first say that I have a hyperframed mag and used it for years. THIS IS NOT YO MAMMAS HAYPERFRAME! This is a different animal alltogether. It only uses the frame and the Pred board goes in that. (there may be other crossover parts I'm not aware of) It is VERY Fast! It is also very light and compact. What more do you need. About the only thing keeping me from getting this myself is $$. It is a very well executed product made by a very repudable (sp?) guy.

Hope this helps!

REDRT
08-18-2004, 09:41 PM
It sounds neat, but I prefer to stay away from non AGD factory or factory authorised parts for my mags. AGD has been top notch in service and parts for me. With the Devilmag it's made up many aftermarket parts that I'm not familier with nor do I know what kind of costomer care I'd receive in such an upgrade. So I will be waiting for the Hair trigger that I hope someday soon will come...

matt-o
08-20-2004, 01:52 PM
well im not too worried about the warranty, i can fix my emag myself 99% of the time and i think he would give some warranty on the electronics, im still trying to decide between that, a freestyle, and keeping my emag and having 200 bucks :cool: so far this beats the freestyle but not sure its worth the cash, considering i need a mask jersey and pants too

GA Devil
09-09-2004, 04:31 PM
Well 90% of the gun is still AGD. The board and eyes are from TAG. Plus I give a 6 month warrenty on all my upgrades and full markers.

AGDlover
09-09-2004, 04:53 PM
my bud is buying one and from the looks of it they look soo sweet good job chris for makeing a kick *** gun! :clap: