PDA

View Full Version : Bodies Ahhhhhhh

DaFranchise1987
08-16-2004, 10:13 PM
HMMM this is bothering me can someone list the purpose of different bodies like i see bodeis for like 300 dollars and i dont see no diff but apperance its obvious weight is affected but wat is is there to a diff body thanks in advance :dance:

Duke Henry
08-16-2004, 10:52 PM
I don't think you will see a significant difference in weight (of course it depends on what you deem significant), however keep this in mind: the more detail put into the body usually means more time on the lathe, which means more expensive to make.

If you compare a regular ULE body with a Karta you will see what I am talking about.

sharpshooter1286
08-16-2004, 10:54 PM
you wont get any real mechanical advantage, its about color and style and weight basically, and how you like your gun to fell.

gc82000
08-16-2004, 11:19 PM
the bodies are more for form and not function. It is a matter of customization and making your gun personal. This is what PB is getting into having you marker reflect you style.

kosmo
08-17-2004, 12:34 AM
In yet another effort to justify spending ridiculous amounts of money, I submit that origional and/or rare cosmetic upgrades are an effective means of identification, aiding theft prevention. Therefore, shinyness and coolness are directly proportional to security. I mean really, how far would someone make it if they stole RobAGDs gun?

warpedside671
08-17-2004, 05:04 AM
You also have to remember it's all about prefrence.Style,desighn,ano...etc
you should also give these guys credit for whipping up these things it takes alot.
Old milling delt with a milling machine and a lathe ,now a days most companys turn
to C n C's(cut and carve machines) hence more technology being used to create
a body.

Compare a stock mag body 68 classic to a ule or a karta (even lighter),and you'll feel the diffrence.

I hope this really helps you .

amoeba
08-17-2004, 12:42 PM
kartas /dallara dont makes a difference unless you add a ule rail to it but ule bodies are way lighter.. ule + ule rail would make the lightest combo

LunchBox89
08-17-2004, 01:39 PM
what was stated above btw gc good song in your sig

TeamNausea
08-17-2004, 09:50 PM
kartas=the hottest thing ever sorry just had to add that in

nicad
08-17-2004, 10:51 PM
"I mean really, how far would someone make it if they stole RobAGDs gun?"

not very far, considering its sitting right here right now. ;) and you know what us Texans are known for. No, not that.. or that. No, not THAT either!
ok, we PACK!!

but yeah. Kartas are a little heavier than the ULE bodies by an ounce or two.
Its all about looking cool and getting off of the "pipe".

out!

nirvana1234
08-17-2004, 10:54 PM
You also have to remember it's all about prefrence.Style,desighn,ano...etc
you should also give these guys credit for whipping up these things it takes alot.
Old milling delt with a milling machine and a lathe ,now a days most companys turn
to C n C's(cut and carve machines) hence more technology being used to create
a body.

Compare a stock mag body 68 classic to a ule or a karta (even lighter),and you'll feel the diffrence.

I hope this really helps you .

cnc stands for Computer Numeric(al) Control...

warpedside671
08-18-2004, 01:14 AM
Yes this is true Nirvana, thanks for pointing that out.

jayloo
08-18-2004, 09:53 AM
Only difference is the milling and the weight. All of these bodies your seeing were made from slug bodies form AGD. All are cocker threaded and angel feedneck.

I have Karta #004 and I love it :shooting:

Chronobreak
08-18-2004, 11:26 AM
having a custom mag that stands out and is a one of a kind customized and built by me :dance: if u refer ule's all the more power to ya but i love the dead sexyines and rarity/somewhat of my karta #13 :D :bounce: