PDA

View Full Version : First post - don't shoot

urbansix
08-17-2004, 09:56 AM
I don't have a Mag yet but am suddenly lusting after a Tac1.....The tac1 stole my milling design for my yet unrealized project frankencocker ghetto-tactical marker. :cuss: might save me alot of work though...

I need to learn everything I can about Mags now - is there a glossary somewhere? X - RT - Intelly - level10 - classic - 98 - ULE - bla bla bla i'm so confrused...

Need to find a place that will let me demo one too...then maybe sell off some cocker stuff....bushmaster stuff....desert fox stuff.....

Anyway - see everybody around.

Dayspring
08-17-2004, 10:05 AM
RT- Reactive Trigger (Valves based on this technology include the Xvalve, Emag valve, RT Pro, Classic RT, Micro Emag & Micro RT, ReTro valve). Note- the Xvalve is an all-aluminum version of the ReTro valve. There is no performance difference. Just a weight difference of 3oz.

Intelliframe- AGD's double trigger frame. (Can be hooked up to warp or loader to spin on every pull.)

Y-grip- AGD's forward angled grip frame. (Can be hooked up to warp or loader to spin on every pull.)

LX- Also known as the Level 10 upgrade. It's an anti-chop bolt system.

Classic- Anything based on a NON-RT valve. These include the Micromag, 68 Classic, Minimag.

ULE- Ultra Light Engineering. AGD's new initiative to make things lighter by using aluminum. These include rails, gripframes (for Emags), bodies.

ULT- Ultra Light Trigger. A new on/off assembly that reduces the pull weight from 3 pounds to 15oz.

Slug body- anything based off the AGD un-milled body. Allows for an aftermarket milled body to be made. i.e.- Karta, Dallara, Chord

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
08-17-2004, 10:07 AM
Too sell your stuff, try the B/S/T forums at

www.pbnation.com
www.pbreview.com

as well as the B/S/T here on AO.

urbansix
08-17-2004, 10:18 AM
wow that was fast! THanks!

Does the RT trigger "push back" ? - the term reactive suggests that. Can you sweet-spot it for rapid-ish fire like on the tippmanns? Just curious...

Can any mag be upgraded to Emag (i.e. the Tac1)

Webmaster
08-17-2004, 10:24 AM
Hey - welcome. You will find most of the guys here are pretty dang cool.

Email me if you ever have problems with the site or your account.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
08-17-2004, 10:34 AM
wow that was fast! THanks!

Does the RT trigger "push back" ? - the term reactive suggests that. Can you sweet-spot it for rapid-ish fire like on the tippmanns? Just curious...

Can any mag be upgraded to Emag (i.e. the Tac1)

Yes it pushes back, and all mags can be upgraded to an Emag, however in order to do this you need to find someone selling the bottom half of there E-mag, ie triggerframe and battery

or you could have your mag upgraded into a devilmag, check the dealer forums for more information on that

SCpoloRicker
08-17-2004, 11:30 AM
:shooting:

I know. That was kinda lame. Welcome to AO!

I'm sure you'll get all the info you need about mags, and its possible you may get flooded ;)

:cheers:
Ricker

peewee
08-17-2004, 11:54 AM
Welcome... Frst off mags are easy to get the hang of. Where you at ? there might be an AO mag owner in your area. Tac 1's are still a little rare. But an RT ULE or seriously upped mag. would give you an idea.

scrumpy
08-17-2004, 12:07 PM
RT- Reactive Trigger (Valves based on this technology include the Xvalve, Emag valve, RT Pro, Classic RT, Micro Emag & Micro RT, ReTro valve). Note- the Xvalve is an all-aluminum version of the ReTro valve. There is no performance difference. Just a weight difference of 3oz.

Intelliframe- AGD's double trigger frame. (Can be hooked up to warp or loader to spin on every pull.)

Y-grip- AGD's forward angled grip frame. (Can be hooked up to warp or loader to spin on every pull.)

LX- Also known as the Level 10 upgrade. It's an anti-chop bolt system.

Classic- Anything based on a NON-RT valve. These include the Micromag, 68 Classic, Minimag.

ULE- Ultra Light Engineering. AGD's new initiative to make things lighter by using aluminum. These include rails, gripframes (for Emags), bodies.

ULT- Ultra Light Trigger. A new on/off assembly that reduces the pull weight from 3 pounds to 15oz.

Slug body- anything based off the AGD un-milled body. Allows for an aftermarket milled body to be made. i.e.- Karta, Dallara, Chord

You forgot the smartmag in the classic section...they always forget about the smartvalve.

cphilip
08-17-2004, 12:10 PM
Welcome to AO! :shooting:

Dayspring
08-17-2004, 12:11 PM
Point well taken.

cphilip
08-17-2004, 12:11 PM
You forgot the smartmag in the classic section...they always forget about the smartvalve.

its because it was not so smart... and it was Smart Parts after all....

scrumpy
08-17-2004, 12:20 PM
It still qualifies as a classic valve, and I think it was pretty smart, it will run down to 350psi.

Dayspring
08-17-2004, 12:23 PM
I always thought the Smart Valve was nothing more than a glorified expansion chamber. Since when did it do that?

It still qualifies as a classic valve, and I think it was pretty smart, it will run down to 350psi.

scrumpy
08-17-2004, 12:33 PM
Smartvalve history (http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=183531&highlight=smartvalve)

That is vapourus trying to sell his, but if you read through you will pick up history about the valve.
Here's what Tom had to say about it.

Well the Smartmag was cooked up by Smart Parts during the transition from CO2 to compressed air. When you go to compressed air the pressure in all guns has to go up for physics reasons. Anyway this meant that the Mag would run at about 30-50 psi higher than CO2 and it would feel different when you shot it. The Black Box added air chamber so the pressure would be the same as CO2.

The first ones had an extension tube out the side and they tended to leak a lot. We helped out by drilling extra holes in the valve to increase the chamber from the inside. So if you have a smartvalve you run at slightly lower pressure.

AGD

There you go. If a 68 classic runs on 400psi and a smartvalve runs on 350 that's a 12.5% difference which is pretty big.

SlipknotX556
08-17-2004, 01:08 PM
Welcome to AO! :dance:

SteelSoul
08-17-2004, 01:26 PM
Hey send me a PM about your desert fox
I love ol school ICD markers
Is it a fox classic or a fox 98

LunchBox89
08-17-2004, 01:36 PM
this is my first post now hehe i just got my mini mag and had to come to ao

cphilip
08-17-2004, 01:59 PM

It never did recharge fast enough though. It was a futile attempt to outthink the master Tom Kaye. And it did not work worth a dam. It should be purged from memory and was never an AGD product. So it should be left off the list in my opinion.

Dayspring
08-17-2004, 02:11 PM
That's why I left it off the list. :D

It never did recharge fast enough though. It was a futile attempt to outthink the master Tom Kaye. And it did not work worth a dam. It should be purged from memory and was never an AGD product. So it should be left off the list in my opinion.