PDA

View Full Version : Oh Canada...

brianlojeck
08-17-2004, 10:13 AM
I think back to my days as a youth in Canada... the bright sunny days, the white sandy beaches, the bikini-clad girls with their long blond hair and their rollerblades...

The Beach Boys were playing softly on the boombox as some kids rode waves in before paddling back out again. Somewhere in the distance a seagull circled over a windsurfer who was making the lifeguards nervous because he always went out too far...

Heck, I even remember Karch Kirai sitting there on one of the worn-out stools at the Hot-Dog-On-A-Stick, dispensing wisdom and zen-like knowledge with that mellow, laid-back Canadian accent of his...

No?

THEN WHAT THE HELL BUSINESS DOES CANADA HAVE BEATING A USA TEAM IN BEACH VOLLEYBALL?

Does Canada even have any beaches? (note I didn't say "shoreline", I said "beaches")

good game guys. I hope the Saudi Arabian team hands you your ***es. ;-)

mcveighr
08-17-2004, 10:35 AM
We have some. Does maine have beaches? if so ours are probably like that.

By my house:
http://www.blupete.com/Hist/NovaScotiaBk1/Part7/Scenes/KennBeach.jpg

Sparq
08-17-2004, 10:57 AM
Well we do have an entire national park based on a system of beaches and sand dunes. So yes. We have beaches.

sharpshooter1286
08-17-2004, 11:15 AM
man, USA is such a let down this year so far, except for swimming. honestly, these people are supposed to be olympians! the best athletes in the world! they are supposed to train harder and play harder than everybody, and while im sure i couldnt beat the USA mens volleyball team, they should be able to trounce everyone. :rolleyes:

Deep Sixx
08-17-2004, 11:17 AM
Canada is also home to the longest freshwater beach in the world: Wasaga Beach. There's a nice paintball field there too.

sixx

8T88
08-17-2004, 11:20 AM
I think back to my days as a youth in Canada... the bright sunny days, the white sandy beaches, the bikini-clad girls with their long blond hair and their rollerblades...

Heck, I even remember Karch Kirai sitting there on one of the worn-out stools at the Hot-Dog-On-A-Stick, dispensing wisdom and zen-like knowledge with that mellow, laid-back Canadian accent of his...

Ha well somebodys never been to Long beach... :dance:

brianlojeck
08-17-2004, 11:30 AM
Ha well somebodys never been to Long beach... :dance:

I actually lived in North Long Beach for many years, and live in Compton now. (if you ever see a white guy in Compton, it's most likely me...)

But as a rule I don't go to beaches... the girls just aren't as cute as they are on the TV shows, and sitting with sand in my shorts isn't my idea of a good time...

I've also never been to Canada. i was born in NY City, where we were taught that the world ends if you drive past New Jersey, and you might fall off. I've sent word back to my mother that there is real land on the other side of the Hudson, but I'm not sure she believes me.

Jeffy-CanCon
08-17-2004, 05:50 PM
Hahaha

excellent post, brianlojeck!

The longest sandy beach on the east coast of North America is the Strand, near Cartwright, Labrador. Over 30 miles of white sand & dunes. With a summertime daily temperature averaging about 60F, and a local population of nearly 1000. ;)

The HOPE Beach Volleyball tourney in Ottawa every summer is the largest in the world, too.

xXHavokXx
08-18-2004, 04:44 AM
Hahaha

excellent post, brianlojeck!

The longest sandy beach on the east coast of North America is the Strand, near Cartwright, Labrador. Over 30 miles of white sand & dunes. With a summertime daily temperature averaging about 60F, and a local population of nearly 1000. ;)

The HOPE Beach Volleyball tourney in Ottawa every summer is the largest in the world, too.

60F isnt beach weather. thats t shirt and jeans weather. See, I like San Diego, girls wear bikinis beacause it's too hot for anything else.

_tMAN
08-18-2004, 09:05 AM
Yeah the American voleyball teams are really letting me down this year. Although the gymnists aren't doing to shabby. Both have silvers in the teams. I know tha Morgan and Paul personally, they seem to be doing pretty well, I've seen what they can do and they seem to be holding back a little. Woohoo Wisconsin Pride Baby :clap: