PDA

View Full Version : Why

AGDlover
08-17-2004, 02:37 PM
Why doesn't AGD make more guns??? AGD is probly one of the oldest paintball manufactuer ever and were down to 2 guns!!! if you look around at some of the newer componeys they have atleast 5-10 guns and makeing more and more. is AGD really falling apart???

WenULiVeUdiE
08-17-2004, 02:41 PM
They arent falling apart. They are doing pretty good off of what they currently sell. They've lasted for about 15 years, so dont worry. Plus with the hAir coming out and the supergun in a year or two, it will just get better.

Also, the platform( x-valve) they use works great. It's the top of line for now, so for all we know they are coming up with a new valve design, but I doubt it.

Meph
08-17-2004, 02:47 PM
Well that's like saying Kingman has 25 guns. When in reality is 1 gun, just different accessories to each one. So it's honestly not a different gun, just dressed up.

WGP only has 3 guns. Mech Cocker, E-Cocker and Sniper. And even then that's a stretch since mech's are able to be the other (cocker can have pump kit to become a Sniper, Sniper just remove pump handle and add pneumatics). Sure there's stock, karnivor, worr blade, VT, and so forth. But honestly it's the same thing just pre-packaged with different add-ons.

Smart Parts however is indeed one of those manufacturers though, since Nerve Shocker and Impulse are all seperate designs. Nerve might be a stretch though to honestly say it's diff. than Imp but still it's not just a milled Imp completely.

Tippmann also, Pro-Carb, 98C, A-5 are all seperate markers. I'd say SL-68II but that's discontinued now.

So AGD isn't really making "more" guns by having the ULT, ULE, ULX, and ULBJ69 all only seperated by the sight rail or double trigger style. They're all the same thing, same gun. Like a Chevy Camero and Pontiac Firebird, or a Chevy Tahoe and an H2! Same thing, different looks.

Automaggot68
08-17-2004, 02:59 PM
Well that's like saying Kingman has 25 guns. When in reality is 1 gun, just different accessories to each one. So it's honestly not a different gun, just dressed up.

WGP only has 3 guns. Mech Cocker, E-Cocker and Sniper. And even then that's a stretch since mech's are able to be the other (cocker can have pump kit to become a Sniper, Sniper just remove pump handle and add pneumatics). Sure there's stock, karnivor, worr blade, VT, and so forth. But honestly it's the same thing just pre-packaged with different add-ons.

Smart Parts however is indeed one of those manufacturers though, since Nerve Shocker and Impulse are all seperate designs. Nerve might be a stretch though to honestly say it's diff. than Imp but still it's not just a milled Imp completely.

Tippmann also, Pro-Carb, 98C, A-5 are all seperate markers. I'd say SL-68II but that's discontinued now.

So AGD isn't really making "more" guns by having the ULT, ULE, ULX, and ULBJ69 all only seperated by the sight rail or double trigger style. They're all the same thing, same gun. Like a Chevy Camero and Pontiac Firebird, or a Chevy Tahoe and an H2! Same thing, different looks.
GREAT post. Couldn't have said it better

slade
08-17-2004, 03:15 PM
Why doesn't AGD make more guns??? AGD is probly one of the oldest paintball manufactuer ever and were down to 2 guns!!! if you look around at some of the newer componeys they have atleast 5-10 guns and makeing more and more. is AGD really falling apart???
i assume youre talking about the rt ule custom and the sydarm. as meph said, most of the other manufacturers have many models that are the same gun with different milling/anno, and slight changes in design and upgrades. the rt ule custom is the same thing with just a different way to release the products. instead of having different models of the same gun with different looks and upgrades, you can order a base gun with whichever upgrades you want already installed on it.

silentdeath55
08-17-2004, 03:56 PM
Also, the quality of the AGD line of markers is 100x better than those other companies who have 25+ markers.

68magOwner
08-17-2004, 04:07 PM
who mackes much more guns?
bob long/national-2 guns, pre-2k4, and 2k4 timmys, thats it
smart parts-4 guns, nerve, shocker, imp, evo cocker
kingman- all the same
AKA- 3, viking, excal, merlin

eddie885221
08-17-2004, 09:43 PM
and like kingman it all goes with that "if it works use it" mentality cuz they never made a gun that shot over 14 a sec, and just about all of them are blow back stacked tube guns, milling makes only a slight weight difference and so does the use of different materials, if u think about it all paintball guns r the same, they all use some gas propellant to fire a round liquid filled ball through a hollowed out piece of metal that helps with accuracy, it just that they all do it a different way, and agd really kinda makes 3 guns: sydarm, rt ule, and the tac one

i_baked_cookies
08-17-2004, 09:49 PM
lol reminds me of how i see a "new" kingman gun ad in APG every month when its really the same gun as before with even stupider "milling" and a less functional e-frame. the em1 is really the only "worthy" gun theyve ever produced.

Scott Hudnall
08-17-2004, 09:58 PM
Here, here!!! Well said, all.

but, how many guns does AKA make? probably none by now.

At any rate, the quality of AGD's paintball markers is so much better than the rest of the industry....wow....it's not even funny. My 'mag valve is a "pre-classic" automag AIR valve......no problems.......and for a $10 parts kit it can be made entirely brand new.

My next new paintball gun will be from AGD. Waiting to see what TK comes out with next.

You tell me....what other paintball company wouldn't kill to have the patent on the AIR valve, RT and Xvalve???? eh??? Technically superior. Thanks TK!

afultz075
08-17-2004, 09:59 PM
and the supergun in a year or two, it will just get better.

Huh?

matt-o
08-17-2004, 10:46 PM
to answer the above "huh?"
rumor is that agd is making an entirely new gun to re-enter the tourney scene, lotsa speculation though its based off a post TK made when they quit making the emags and xmags, and started maiing the tac-ones, that was before the hAir trigger was shown off though

slade
08-18-2004, 09:45 AM
agd really kinda makes 3 guns: sydarm, rt ule, and the tac one
two. sydarm and rt ule custom. the tac one is just different milling.