PDA

View Full Version : Ok.. I think Im off in value (E-mag)

Lohman446
08-17-2004, 07:05 PM
I recently put an e-mag up fro sale that I thought would bring the price I asked pretty quickly, it appears that I may have overvalued the thing. Help me out on the value of it.

3.2 software
ULE body - vertical black
X-valve
Body milling by BlackVCG

I'm not trying to make this my for sale thread, I added some other things in here to try to sell it but have had no luck so far, so Im not a patient person. As I am not trying to amke this a for sale thread, and want honest opinions Im not going to mention my price yet or the package. What is that marker worth?

kylyo123456
08-17-2004, 07:09 PM
The best way to find out what it is worth is put it on ebay starting at a dollar with no reserve. Put a post in the classifieds saying it is on ebay and what ever you get, you get. Unfortunately emags selling price has dropped even though they are great guns

Chojin Man
08-17-2004, 07:19 PM
$700 is about right for what you are offering on the package. it just sometimes takes a loong time to sell on AO. try ebay or pbn.

jayloo
08-17-2004, 07:39 PM
Yeah, $700 is about average price 4 what u got.

Enemy
08-18-2004, 02:54 AM
700-800 would be a pretty good price for that!!!

openboater
08-18-2004, 06:44 AM
I hate to disagree, but I believe $400 -$500 to be a fair price. things like ULE body and Xvalve are now expected and SS bodies would be a deduction. Emags are not in demand currently so you are playing to a small audience.

New shockers can be had for $825 with vision and $700 without, so you are bumping into that market.

Sorry for being the bearer of bad news, please don't shoot the messanger.

What I alawys say is, "if I had $x00, would I buy that." If the answer is no, then it's not worth $x00. So ask yourself, If you had $700, would you buy your Emag ??

rkjunior303
08-18-2004, 07:15 AM
I just picked up a Micro E-Mag on ebay for $550 WITH a flatline. It sounds like you have a great package but lately, everything I've been seeing for emags has been roughly $5-600.

Chojin Man
08-18-2004, 07:36 AM
what you don't understand is that he is also including a halo and a tank for $700

soccer4minimags
08-18-2004, 08:14 AM
I recently put an e-mag up fro sale that I thought would bring the price I asked pretty quickly, it appears that I may have overvalued the thing. Help me out on the value of it.

3.2 software
ULE body - vertical black
X-valve
Body milling by BlackVCG

I'm not trying to make this my for sale thread, I added some other things in here to try to sell it but have had no luck so far, so Im not a patient person. As I am not trying to amke this a for sale thread, and want honest opinions Im not going to mention my price yet or the package. What is that marker worth?

I'd also say the 4-500 range.

On the loader or the tank I'd say they don't sway buyers as much as everyone would like to think. Honestly thats the last thing I want in a deal, you don't know what sort of care the previous person put into it.

For the most part people are expecting way too much for their gear. We all do it, because we all value our gear, but the truth is these are items depreciate in value quicker than most think. These high asking prices I think come from so many younger users that are trying to sell gear that don't quite comprehend depreciation. We have to look at the facts, these things have limited lifespans, no matter how well you take care of them. Here is the thing for me, typically cars loose 20% in their first year. So when I look at guns, unless its a really in-demand gun, I figure 40-50% off total amount of gear. I feel this is a pretty fair formula.

Please don't look at this post being directed at you. Just to sellers in general.

Phil
08-18-2004, 08:19 AM
MY A4 just sold on ebay for 700. Usually you expect to pay half or less for used items. Why do people expect top dollar for used paintball equipment?

soccer4minimags
08-18-2004, 08:40 AM
Exactly. Why do I hold on to my e-blade still, cause I spent probably 950 plus building it and I know I'd be hard pressed to get 400 out of it.

Xyxyll
08-18-2004, 08:40 AM
One reason I always buy used. Resale values rule. :D ;)

Good luck! Here's a starting point though. I just bought an emag, no charger, no yellow pin, all SS for $405 on ebay, and people were crying for what a deal they missed. So I think it's safe to assume that you can go a lot higher because of the ULE and X-Valve. Then the tank and hopper = +$

Thermus
08-18-2004, 08:54 AM
Split everything up. You could get 200 for the valve, 350 for the lowers, 200 for the tank, 90 for the halo, etc.

KRAKMT
08-18-2004, 09:42 AM
Split everything up. You could get 200 for the valve, 350 for the lowers, 200 for the tank, 90 for the halo, etc.

Unfortunatly, this is true. The sum of the parts in a mag are worth more than the whole. For a builder the mag is ideal, as it is basically a module system. Somewhat similar to a cocker. There are alot of used guns out and alot of people who sell cheap so they can buy the next best thing. It makes for a buyers market if you know what your looking for rather than a sellers market. When I look at mags on ebay, I totally calculate the value based on the market value of the parts. Rather than using some formula it is better to try to get a handle on what similar items are selling for and adjust according to how much of a hurry you are in to sell. The formula for car depreciation was created by the car industry for the benefit of the car industry.

NJPaint
08-18-2004, 12:38 PM
Unfortunatly, this is true. The sum of the parts in a mag are worth more than the whole. For a builder the mag is ideal, as it is basically a module system. Somewhat similar to a cocker. There are alot of used guns out and alot of people who sell cheap so they can buy the next best thing. It makes for a buyers market if you know what your looking for rather than a sellers market. When I look at mags on ebay, I totally calculate the value based on the market value of the parts. Rather than using some formula it is better to try to get a handle on what similar items are selling for and adjust according to how much of a hurry you are in to sell. The formula for car depreciation was created by the car industry for the benefit of the car industry.

Of course it is true. I just sold my two E-mags this way.

Lohman446
08-18-2004, 07:24 PM
Well.. I threw the thing on e-bay, wihtout a tank, no reserve starting at $500 + shipping. I will get what I get.

I appreciate the comments on the thing... I would like to sell it to AO, but if it doesnt it doesnt. If I have overvalued the thing, well I did. If the thing is not worth $500 with a HALO, I'll keep it