PDA

View Full Version : Tips on getting paintball markers across the border?

Neongene
08-17-2004, 07:48 PM
I was told that if we just don't bring any paint, and have the tanks completely emptied and just be honest and show enough proof of where we are going we shouldn't have a problem.

How did others fair when crossing the border?

deathstalker
08-17-2004, 08:35 PM
Quite a few people have had bad experiences, but I think all the complaints I heard were from people going from the US to Canadia. I think one of the more reknowned instances was when Wayne Dollack missed his own scenario because of a prop. It doesn't matter, though. Do WHATEVER you have to do to make sure you don't have any problems, both coming here and returning there.

One piece of advice: don't try to sneak in your gear. :)

kevdupuis
08-17-2004, 08:45 PM
We never have problems crossing the border either way, we state that we have our paintball gear and are going to or coming from an event. Use honesty and don't use the word guns, it could cause delays at the border.

Wayne made the game, he just lost his props to Canada Customs.

Neongene
08-17-2004, 09:47 PM
Thats exactly what i was thinking, I've been telling my dad to use the word Marker instead of Gun for when we pass the border. I'm not that worried about it but I just want to make sure.

Oh man, i can't wait to see over 1000 people wear my shirt that I designed! This is gonna be so awesome!!!!

Muzikman
08-18-2004, 04:31 PM
There should be no problem. But also besides having the tank empty, also have them removed from the gun.

Neongene
08-18-2004, 08:10 PM
I have a really pimped out tippmann 98c that looks like a howizter so it also might be a good idea to tear it down to stock so it looks less treatening. ;)

The Frymarker
08-24-2004, 12:23 PM
We never had any problems going to Skyball, we were in a RV camper. However the guys following us were stopped and talked to for 15 minutes, they were in a car.

So I guess it depends.