PDA

View Full Version : help with ule

Bucky
08-17-2004, 11:37 PM
ok, posting for a friend on this:

having trouble putting the ULE body on a classic rail because the little "nub" that the barrel goes on and locks to is in the way. do i need a different rail, or is the ule supposed to have a hole for that, or do i sand it off? please, any info could be good. the gun is a quite old classic, possibly before 96 incase that matters.

afultz075
08-18-2004, 12:16 AM
Hammer that "nub" out of the rail. I suggest taking two blocks of wood, setting the body on those blocks with a gap in between that brass piece (it's called a twist lock assembly), put a towel on the rail in case you slip so you don't mess up the rail, and give it a whack or two with a hammer, it should fall out. Make sure you hammer it out with the bottom of the rail facing up.

space_weazel_45
08-18-2004, 12:17 AM
The thing in the rail is the twist lock if you have a vise you can press it out, but I prefer to place the rail on a table with a towel and move the twist lock out over the floor and then tamp on the twist lock comes out, its held in by friction and comes out the top of the rail[side with the body on it]

good luck

EDIT: Damn you afultz075, you beet me to it, so what he said + what i said you should be good to go!