PDA

View Full Version : Converting my stock trigger to double.....

The Lakerpimp
10-23-2001, 12:16 AM
I am in the middle of converting my stock trigger into a double trigger. Does anybody have any tips they could share with me as to how to do it?

Also, while I was taking the trigger frame apart I decided to take all of the stock paint off of it because it was starting to chip and peel off after 8 years. I sanded all the paint off and I think I want to paint the trigger frame. What is the best paint to use. I am on a limited budget so anything that doesn't involve me doing the work myself for free will not work. Thanks.....

Xzion
10-23-2001, 02:11 AM
well, to make a double trigger frame for cheap, you can cut your single trigger, trigger guard off and slap on a double trigger. Though teh downside to this, some tournaments, and fields wont allow a gun on the field that has no trigger guard, or anything becides a factory made guard. Id check around with the fields you go to whether they would allow a home made double trigger guard. As for the painting, if its a metal frame, id reccommend having it powdercoated, you RedRider does an awsome job for a good price (he charges 15 bucks USD for a mainbody, and 5 bucks for every additional part in addition to the body for a solid color) this process is durable and looks fantastic, ive had my Minimag mainbody done, and its shiney and beautiful. Hope this helped some. Ive also included a link to a thread started by RedRider, regardign his powdercoating, it has several pictures of his work, and his email if you wish to contact him. I highly recommend RedRider's work.

RedRider's Powdercoating Thread (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8918)

The Lakerpimp
10-23-2001, 10:58 PM
Yeah thats a good idea, and it sounds pretty cheap too.

Xzion
10-23-2001, 11:15 PM
It certianly is, but as I said, id make sure you check with any fields you play at that they dont have a problem with home made trigger gurads. you can make a simple trigger guard out of a strip of aluminum and bolting it on underneath the front frame screw. I suggest you give the portion around the front frame screw hole in the guard 'wings' of sorts that wrap around the edge of the trigger frame, to help prevent the trigger guard from twisting.

EnW
10-24-2001, 01:03 PM
You can use spray paint on your grip also. The key to keep it from scratching off is to spray laquer over the dry paint.This is mine that I painted.
C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\New Briefcase\MY MAG8.jpg

freakyt
10-24-2001, 11:14 PM
I cut my trigger guard off my stock carbon fiber grip frame, and I had pretty good results. I used a hacksaw to make the two cuts, and then, I smoothed it all out with a dremel and lots of patience. Remember, it ain't what ya cut, it's what ya don't cut.

It's kind of dangerous without a guard, though. Things like: If you drop the gun, it could go off, it might hang up when your doing a belly crawl, you know, stuff like that. But the double trig is pretty cool :).

Also, to take the trigger out, you have to take off the safety. That little tiny TINY bolt (the smalest allen wrench in my set was the one to unscrew it), it is spring loaded, and WILL fly when you take it off. I lost mine, so no safety anymore. Make sure you catch that little bugger, and don't loose the spring either. There's also a ball in the actual safty pin, don't loose that either. I'd say lay a newspaper out or something. Have you work area clean and ready.

Anybody know where to get a new bolt for the safety on a grip frame, btw? :)

Bartleby
10-25-2001, 06:40 AM
i don't know where you live, but right by me there's a bad boyz toyz and i asked them for a new spring, ball bearing, and bolt for my saftey and they gave it to me for free. after that i felt obligated to buy something :D. But i would just go to a serious paintball store and see if they've got something. otherwise call AGD i'm sure they'd be willing to send you one