PDA

View Full Version : After a 2 year hiatus, I decided to paintball again.

DarkRipper
08-18-2004, 05:27 PM
I'm not sure if many of you remember me... think of the guy that had the custom shop Emag with the preproduction superbolt....
Admin on PBC.

/wave at old friends

:)

thecavemankevin
08-18-2004, 05:42 PM
no, have no idea who you are....???? :tard:

in fact, get lost, go back to pbc :D

i'll try and hit you up on aim later tonight if you'll be on.

welcome back alex, this bannana is for you :dance:

thecavemankevin
08-18-2004, 06:00 PM
i know i told you some of the things that were going on in the industry while you've been gone, but lets see about a recap

Xball is now the wave of tourney future
NPPL and PSP are now split and have two different tourney ciruits. NPPL has the super 7, a 7 man series. And PSP still does 10 man, and now xball. PSP also has the World Cup.
Dynasty seems to be playing in every major tourney circuit in the world, and they are the team to beat in pretty much every tourney circuit. They are sponsored by smartparts.
Dynasty left WDP and is with Smart parts shooting their custom new shockers

Brass eagle was bought out by K2, K2 then bought out WGP (but the Orr's are still semi in charge)

Tippmann was recently bought out by a group of investors.

GenE (matrix) was bought out by Dye and now have the funky but fast DM4

They newer timmy's seem to be the tourney gun of choice, and now every team and their mother have their own edition.

AGD stopped producing the X/Emags and Flatlines. Right now it is basically the Xpro (RTpro with xvalve). Between AGD and a bunch of other dealer/manufacturers has a S-ton of aftermarket lightweight parts. this includes custom bodies, trigger frames and rails. Check out dealer forum for some neat Mag stuff. AGD also developed the UL Trigger (ultra light trigger) for a very smooth light (sorta cocker like) mech trigger. Nicade/Deadlywind (makes some real neat mag bodies) has created the hAir trigger. Check out the hAir trigger thread for vids and more info.

AGD has also developed the TacOne mag (mech) to target the scenerio market, WGP has also targeted them with a mech cocker of their own.

Smart parts is on a sueing rampage that has engulfed ICD (no longer makes the Bushmaster) AKA (no longer makes the excal and vicking) and have had Delta/NPS/Bob long/intimidator, Eclipse (eblade for cockers) and Dye sign with them for rights to patent and intelectual property rights....basically Dye, Eclipse and NPS pay smartparts royalties to produce electro's.

I know there is some other junk i have forgotten, but that helps get you back up to speed. Check out meet and greet for info on an AOVA meet day coming soon

nastymag
08-18-2004, 08:42 PM
ICD actaully still makes the bushmaster ...they just pay SP

thecavemankevin
08-18-2004, 08:50 PM
ICD actaully still makes the bushmaster ...they just pay SP

oopss, your right, now that you say that i remember hearing that....just got confused in earlier post. thanx

ramennoodles
08-18-2004, 09:53 PM
GenE (matrix) was bought out by Dye and now have the funky but fast DM4

i thought that dye just bought the rights to produce the matrix in their own way, or did they go ahead and buy thge whole company? i'm pretty sure they didn't.

thecavemankevin
08-18-2004, 10:02 PM
i thought that dye just bought the rights to produce the matrix in their own way, or did they go ahead and buy thge whole company? i'm pretty sure they didn't.

to be honest i have heard it both ways....so not sure

Dubstar112
08-18-2004, 11:44 PM
Yeah, I remember you. :)

Ive quit paintball totally. No intent on playing again. The only way to keep it like that is to not visit any PB forums though. So once a month I just check my PM's. lol sad eh.

I knew this was a mistake.

BlackVCG
08-19-2004, 12:00 AM
Heya DR.

I remember that custom lightning bolt E-Mag you had. I saw it around in a few different hands after you ended up selling it. Hopefully someone out there is using it. It's worth something even though Carlos hacked it up pretty bad.

Cliffio
08-19-2004, 12:29 AM
pbc seems like such a long time ago, that use to be a great palce

Dark Master
08-19-2004, 03:33 AM
one thing thecavemankevin,i read a article on warpig that sp settled the arrgument with planet eclipse.Guess they agreed to a patent signing.Seen here http://www.warpig.com/paintball/articles/pressreleases/automated/040504sp.shtml

DarkRipper
08-19-2004, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the welcome back guys.

I decided to play again because I basically sat on my butt the last year and gained too much weight... one good thing about Pball, you keep pretty slim if you play a lot.

Yeah, the emag went to a good friend who got pretty mad when AGD wouldn't work on it at a tournament.
I have to say Tom was very cool about the whole thing, though. I think he offered a brand new emag for it in replacement... way over and above the call of duty.

I'm on aim as rorkdipper Kev.

/edit what?!?!? no more emags/vikings/etc?!?!?!? argh.

Guess I'm buying a shocker (hello monopoly....)

Webmaster
08-19-2004, 10:47 AM
Yes I remember you. I still regret (even more now) trading you my old redz pack for a jersy. Oh well - live and learn!

Welcome back! I took a break this year as well - I will pick it back up in the fall!

So welcome back - let me know if you have any problems!

cphilip
08-19-2004, 11:08 AM
Does anyone want to trade something for one of these Hiatus's? I could use one... got any pictures of one?

Wellcome back Dark. Long time no see.

Cryer
08-19-2004, 11:22 AM
Phil, I got a hiatus I'd be willing to trade for a nice RTpro and $300...
Unfortunately, the only pictures I could provide would be from brochures of Texas State Parks, etc...
LMK ;)

And Welcome back Darkripper! :clap:

manike
08-19-2004, 11:24 AM
pbc seems like such a long time ago, that use to be a great palce

Yeah I remember those days. :D

Even earlier I remember when Warpigs 'techtalk' and 'pigchat' used to be 'the' (only) places to hang out.

I remember DR too. Welcome back. :cheers:

DarkRipper
08-19-2004, 11:29 AM
Pigchat is gone?!?!? noooooooo.... I wonder what Perch is doing.

Thanks for the kind words, all.

FragTek
08-19-2004, 11:31 AM
Welcome back, never met you, but welcome back none the less!

Noticed you live in VA :) You should roll through the next AO*VA day which is actually going to be held in the Richmond area, w00t w00t!

Here's a link to the AO VA day thread: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=147668

WB! :cheers:

manike
08-19-2004, 11:37 AM
Pigchat is gone?!?!? noooooooo.... I wonder what Perch is doing.

Thanks for the kind words, all.

Warpig still has a chat room (I think) but it's not the same as it used to be.

Perch can still be found posting on the tinkers guild all be it quite rarely. He took a break then came back too.

thecavemankevin
08-19-2004, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the welcome back guys.

I decided to play again because I basically sat on my butt the last year and gained too much weight... one good thing about Pball, you keep pretty slim if you play a lot.

I'm on aim as rorkdipper Kev.

no offense, but you were never all that skinny :)

yeah i know your aim, but i don't have that break in the day like i use to, so i am on only in the evenings now.

Oh, and you WILL be attending the AOVA, even if i have to lend you a gun, you'll be there!!!! I've missed playing ball with ya

Guess I'm buying a shocker (hello monopoly....)
no your not, i wont let you make that big of a mistake!

DarkRipper
08-19-2004, 12:08 PM
Warpig still has a chat room (I think) but it's not the same as it used to be.

Perch can still be found posting on the tinkers guild all be it quite rarely. He took a break then came back too.

Ahh, good to hear. He was always a hoot to chat with :)

DarkRipper
08-19-2004, 12:09 PM
no offense, but you were never all that skinny :)

yeah i know your aim, but i don't have that break in the day like i use to, so i am on only in the evenings now.

Oh, and you WILL be attending the AOVA, even if i have to lend you a gun, you'll be there!!!! I've missed playing ball with ya

no your not, i wont let you make that big of a mistake!

lol

:) Seriously... I'm getting a simply amazing deal on a NIB vision shocker. I was considering an emag but they're not made now. I can't afford to drop 1k+ like I used to... new bills etc.

/edit and I prefer "big boned". ;) I was never FAT though... I've got a nice little gut now. Thanks online gaming!! >=(

Cryer
08-19-2004, 12:13 PM
From what I understand, there are still emags available, AGD just isnt making new ones, so once the rremaining ones are gone, thats it

cphilip
08-19-2004, 01:27 PM
Phil, I got a hiatus I'd be willing to trade for a nice RTpro and $300...
Unfortunately, the only pictures I could provide would be from brochures of Texas State Parks, etc...
LMK ;)

I'm interested but you need to throw in a one way ticket to Hawaii... To sweaten the deal. :dance:

SOAD8789
08-19-2004, 06:51 PM
shockers arent that bad of guns....i actually like them a lot. one thing you might wanna check out though is a devilmag.... devilsden.tv .....great guns those are.

oh yeah, welcome back, though i have no clue who you are.

08-19-2004, 11:26 PM
I would take the shocker over the Emag to be honest. Most of the people here just dont like them because of SP and the majority have never owned one either.

MaChu
08-20-2004, 01:49 AM
PBC...wow I remember going there when I was first starting out. Dang, I feel old for a young person which still pales in comparison to those people who thought the nelspot was the hottest stuff ;)

Yeah, I got off paintball for a year and now getting back into it. Its kinda weird that everyone that has been on hiatus has been coming back, remember paintball is a drug, you will always come back, oh yeah and its a very expensive habit.

nicad
08-20-2004, 04:25 AM
you forgot to throw in there that Simon, the Brit, moved to Texas-- yeehaww!
:p

out!

manike
08-20-2004, 09:16 AM
you forgot to throw in there that Simon, the Brit, moved to Texas-- yeehaww!
:p

out!

And now I am moving to NJ/Philly...

DarkRipper
08-20-2004, 09:28 AM
shockers arent that bad of guns....i actually like them a lot. one thing you might wanna check out though is a devilmag.... devilsden.tv .....great guns those are.

oh yeah, welcome back, though i have no clue who you are.

I'm an old fart that started paintballing when pumps ruled and the oil based paint was just starting to phase out for the newer water soluble stuff.

My first semi was a powerfeed automag with a barrel made in South Africa... and a smart parts purple splash kit.
I then got the grip frame that allowed you to shoot when you pulled the trigger and when you released it.

Can anyone remember those things names?

A: Armson and autoresponse

DarkRipper
08-20-2004, 09:28 AM
I would take the shocker over the Emag to be honest. Most of the people here just dont like them because of SP and the majority have never owned one either.

My wife decided she liked the DM4 until she saw the price tag.

manike
08-20-2004, 09:30 AM
I'm an old fart that started paintballing when pumps ruled and the oil based paint was just starting to phase out for the newer water soluble stuff.

My first semi was a powerfeed automag with a barrel made in South Africa... and a smart parts purple splash kit.
I then got the grip frame that allowed you to shoot when you pulled the trigger and when you released it.

Can anyone remember those things names?

A: Armson and autoresponse

If you are going to question people on paintball history make it a bit tougher ;) there's lots of old farts around here! :rofl:

DarkRipper
08-20-2004, 10:02 AM
We need a good old fashioned trivia thread....

cphilip
08-20-2004, 10:08 AM
Sounds like fun. Good idea for a thread.

I may be the oldest Fart amongst us.

DarkRipper
08-20-2004, 10:18 AM
Sounds like fun. Good idea for a thread.

I may be the oldest Fart amongst us.

It's not about chronological age... it's about how old you let yourself get.

;)