PDA

View Full Version : Need help....

Pballwizz
08-18-2004, 09:17 PM
Hi guys. I need help getting a job reffing. My local field is very good and I like it alot, the only problem is that there are no refs and many people have complained about this. So what I was thinkin was asking the owner (who I know and he knows me) if I could work there as a ref. Now heres the thing:

1. Im not sure how to ask.
2. The field is open twice a week, every Saturday and Wednesday night. With school coming up though, Im not sure if I would be able to work Weds. nights.

So, if anyone could give me tips on what to do when I ask him or something I would really appeciate it. BTW, before anyone says something like "We cant get a job for you" or something like that, I know that already, I just want some tips from people who have experienced a similair situation before. Thanks!

_tMAN
08-18-2004, 09:27 PM
Just tell him that you heard a lot of people complaining about not having refs.

dirty_canadian4894
08-18-2004, 09:30 PM
just ask the owner, tell him youl be a devoted employee and make sure you watch your language around him and show/help younger kids

Pballwizz
08-18-2004, 09:34 PM
Yea, I dont ever swear out loud on the field and I always do try to help younger, newer players. Any other tips?

Chronobreak
08-18-2004, 10:06 PM
a field without refs! :nono: i just asked my local field and the next day i was working jus ask politely if they need any refs. if they say no posible let them know that some people have been complaing thers no ref and if he stil says no thats that find another field or giveup.

WenULiVeUdiE
08-18-2004, 11:08 PM
If you feel like you cant works wednesdays, tell him you have a club to attend on wednesdays. This will show you him you are interested in things and have the urge to learn and other such things. Or ask him this " I was just wondering if you had a position open for a ref on Saturdays?"