PDA

View Full Version : HAHA! CNN: Beer drinks 36 beers, passes out in campground

Automaggin2
08-18-2004, 11:03 PM
hahaha

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/08/18/bear.beer.reut/index.html

Bear guzzles 36 beers, passes out at campground

Wednesday, August 18, 2004 Posted: 9:12 PM EDT (0112 GMT)

story.sleeping.bear.jpg

What's this?

Black Bear - Margees
Ark Babies porcelain baby-doll-faces with various expressions and animal bodies....
margees.com
Black Bear Lake Day Camp
Black Bear Lake, the premier children's day camp in central New Jersey....
blackbearlake.com

YOUR E-MAIL ALERTS
Offbeat
or Create your own
Manage alerts | What is this?

SEATTLE, Washington (Reuters) -- A black bear was found passed out at a campground in Washington state recently after guzzling down three dozen cans of a local beer, a campground worker said on Wednesday.

"We noticed a bear sleeping on the common lawn and wondered what was going on until we discovered that there were a lot of beer cans lying around," said Lisa Broxson, a worker at the Baker Lake Resort, 80 miles (129 km) northeast of Seattle.

The hard-drinking bear, estimated to be about two years old, broke into campers' coolers and, using his claws and teeth to open the cans, swilled down the suds.

It turns out the bear was a bit of a beer sophisticate. He tried a mass-market Busch beer, but switched to Rainier Beer, a local ale, and stuck with it for his drinking binge.

Wildlife agents chased the bear away, but it returned the next day, said Broxson.

They set a trap using as bait some doughnuts, honey and two cans of Rainier Beer. It worked, and the bear was captured for relocation.

_tMAN
08-18-2004, 11:12 PM
You'd think they could drink more than that, I mean, it's a bear

pbzmag
08-18-2004, 11:31 PM
His pic looks like he has a hangover

shadowfalcon78
08-18-2004, 11:45 PM
that is the funniest thing i ever heard! :rofl: a bear getting drunk. this is too much for me

FooTemps
08-19-2004, 01:15 AM
That goes to show that Washington kicks arse!

lol

thecavemankevin
08-19-2004, 07:32 AM
You'd think they could drink more than that, I mean, it's a bear

yeah, but he's only 2 years old! :cheers:

fire1811
08-19-2004, 08:09 AM
Doh!!

Jeffy-CanCon
08-19-2004, 11:03 AM
That is hilariously funny!

penguinpunk555
08-19-2004, 01:42 PM
Underage drinking.

eNder159
08-19-2004, 01:44 PM
:cheers: :rofl: get me that bear's number...i wanna party with him..he got goooood taste :cheers: :rofl:

Warewolf50
08-19-2004, 06:26 PM
Thats awesome, i heard bout it on radio today. Well thats great that he has good taste, they should put out like every dif kind of domestic beer and see whihc one the beer choses after whichever ones he decides to try, and that can be the official beer of the bear. Hmm im thinking he would go wiht lebatt blue. Well he better or their advertising is very misleading.

BradAGD
08-19-2004, 06:34 PM
Too funny!

I saw a story years ago about a bear that found a plane wreck in the woods somewhere. On the plane, several large bundles of cocaine. The pilot was trafficing in drugs and crashed into the woods. The pilot wandered off to find help and the bear found the unmanned but doped up plane.

When the game warden found the dead bear, there were broken open bricks of drugs around him. Figured he snorted OUNCES of coke, then OD'd.

DAMN.