PDA

View Full Version : can the ult be removed?

ted.c0bb1es
08-19-2004, 12:02 AM
in nticipation for the hAir trigger, I was wondering if it is possible to remove the ult from my gun? I dont really know cause it was factory installed. Let me know if (A) it can be done, (B) I need to send it to the shop, (C) If I can do it myself. Thanks

~Dan

MonsterMag
08-19-2004, 12:04 AM
if it can be done tunaman can do it :)

abunkerer
08-19-2004, 12:08 AM
SUre, the Ult is just a fancy On/Off assembly. If you take out your valve you'll see it, it's a notched brass square deal with a little silver pin in the notch...that whole thing comes right out.

I dont know how the hair trigger works with the mag. On/off though, maybe you can get the Hair trigger and leave it in there!

sarpadian
08-19-2004, 06:15 AM
Dan, you can remove the ULT yourself. As abunkerer said it's as easy as pulling it our of your valve. You will just need the standard On/Off assembly to replace it.

Given what I know about the hAir trigger it would work with the ULT, however it works better with the standard On/Off valve. The ULT because of it's lower pressure returns a bit slower than the standard valve. The hAir uses a pneumatic ram to operate the sear instead of directly linking it to the trigger. Much like the solenoid in the E-mag.