PDA

View Full Version : Operation Impulse

Igotu
08-19-2004, 01:02 AM
Im just wondering how do impulse operate, what makes them so special as far as I can see they operate like a spyder. :)

space_weazel_45
08-19-2004, 02:30 AM
35 seconds of searching produced....
http://www.directpaintball.com/pics/sp_impulse/impulse_all_parts2_large.jpg
and this
http://www.kamworld.net/paintball/ImpulseFAQ_General.html

in the pic the black thing in the bottom tube when energized with gas by the solenoid pushes the little black thing attached in front of it[hammer] which is connected to the bolt, forward opening the gas passage to the bolt putting pressure behind the ball.

its like a spyder in that it has 2 main tubes and shoots a paintball from an open bolt mechanism.

lather
08-19-2004, 03:07 AM
Im just wondering how do impulse operate, what makes them so special as far as I can see they operate like a spyder. :)

Thats the exact same thing I wonder about intimadators. ;)

Big_Mac
08-19-2004, 08:49 AM
Imps, Bushies, Angels, Timmies..all work the same. Pneumatically operated ram (driven by a low pressure reg) moves the bolt back and forth, as well as actuating the valve that lets the high pressure air into the chamber (through the bolt) to propel the ball. Spyders don't use a ram...they use a spring loaded striker that is returned by high pressure air coming through the valve/pin area.

Igotu
08-19-2004, 09:40 AM
thanks for the info guys.

StickFigurSicide
08-19-2004, 01:19 PM
Nice drop on the impy. :wow: :D

Chronobreak
08-19-2004, 04:22 PM
grr i ahte seeing pics like this cause it reminds me that sp made a crappy bushmaster knockoff then sued icd...even thought they had theirs first :mad:

tru_flip56
08-19-2004, 05:23 PM
yeah i hate all impulses but the only one i would consider is the nasty impulse with vision...i gotta admit its a pretty sweet gun

XbeasleyX
08-19-2004, 05:31 PM
My buddy has a nasty imp and has constant problems with it, and before anyone says it was niglect(sp) let me say that he had his own paintball arena going good until he had to move. And BTW I own a B2K and have had zero problems.

tru_flip56
08-19-2004, 06:59 PM
really? My friend also has a Nasty Imp w/ Vision and my other friend has a blue nasty imp w/o vision and the guy withought vision had constant problems chopping...the other guy with the vision was perfect and nothin wrong happened because i shot both of theirs...Did your friend have vision on it?

FragTek
08-19-2004, 07:38 PM
yeah i hate all impulses but the only one i would consider is the nasty impulse with vision...i gotta admit its a pretty sweet gun

Out of the 2 impys that I've owned, one being a Toxic and one being a Nasty, the Nasty was the only one that would work 50% of the time, the Toxic would only work about 25% of the time. The Nasty was cool lookin' though.....

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-19-2004, 07:43 PM
I had a Strange Vision Imp and it always worked great for me. I sold it though cus i choose not to support SP. That impy was the only SP product that never gave me trougle but i had to let it go.

tru_flip56
08-19-2004, 07:44 PM
damn u must not like SP that much to let go of a gun that worked good for you.....

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-19-2004, 07:46 PM
lol, well i dont like SP and i got a good trade for it so the two kinda worked together. I went back to mags in the end and im stickin with em'.

tru_flip56
08-19-2004, 07:58 PM
yeah...AGD make way better guns than SP