PDA

View Full Version : Micro Spyder ?

XbeasleyX
08-19-2004, 05:34 PM
Well I had a great idea where most great ideas are hatched (while sitting on the john). Well anyway I noticed that spyders have a ton of extra length that is not needed, all you'd need to do is redrill the feedcup hole, reposition the valve, measure measure measure and cut the bolt to fit the new feed and valve placement and then make a new hole in the hammer to compensate for the new bolt/valve position. Well and cut the body but I figured it was assumed. Any ideas/imput?

hAppy
08-19-2004, 05:36 PM
Well I had a great idea where most great ideas are hatched (while sitting on the john). Well anyway I noticed that spyders have a ton of extra length that is not needed, all you'd need to do is redrill the feedcup hole, reposition the valve, measure measure measure and cut the bolt to fit the new feed and valve placement and then make a new hole in the hammer to compensate for the new bolt/valve position. Well and cut the body but I figured it was assumed. Any ideas/imput?
It would work, you just need to make sure the hammer travels fast enough to make efficient and consistent shots. I thought about it, but than we have no access to making smaller bolts and hammers.

68magOwner
08-19-2004, 06:27 PM
i dont see the point, but hey

can'tthink of1
08-19-2004, 06:59 PM
Its been thought of before by others, and its harder than it looks, well thats if you are going all out and changing the airways... I might do a mini-spyder project once I get some money.

Destructo6
08-20-2004, 02:15 AM
all you'd need to do is
Famous last words.

Sounds like you're just moving all of the working bits rearward. Why not just hack off a bit at the rear and move the gripframe forward (AMG style)? Mill off most of the top tube and, viola, a different-looking marker.

Timmee
08-20-2004, 09:03 AM

Why not get a blowback pistol (PT, Zues, etc), if you're looking for a compact stacked tube blowback marker? They make hopper adapters and bottomline kits for them as well, so you could run it as your primary marker.