PDA

View Full Version : Mag pricing

Bobbyboy
08-20-2004, 02:20 AM
howdy all

yeah i was thinking about getting an RT ULE and maybe selling my 68 Automag and was just wonering how much it was worth. I havent had it for too long (a few months)and bought it for 325 from a guy i know (now that ive seen the ULE's price i gotta say ive had my fair share of buyer's remorse). anyway i just like some opinios on the gun, the deal, or anything related (please dont just say that this thread is stupid i freakin hate that)

My gun is equiped with:

68 Automag Valve serial # CF12269 (no clue what that means)
Lvl 10
stock PF left main body (with random green metal plug i doubt that was stock)
blade trigger intelliframe nickel
stock rail (its got a few scratches)
Custom aluminum forgrip (which i may keep if they dont want. i really like it)
Bullet On/Off drop
Armson 8" and what i think is an old 14" AA

please express your opinion even if it is to say i got a terrible deal (i gotta know my mistakes to learn from them) :cheers:

Thanks
Bob

Dirty Dakota
08-20-2004, 03:32 AM
Not out of the ball park; though if you shopped here for awhile you might get cheaper.

I got basically the same thing, but with a revy for almost the same price.

Have your fired it? Like it? If you did and do, it wasn't too much.

Bobbyboy
08-20-2004, 03:57 AM
thanks alot man its good to know yes i did fire it and i do like thats why im sticking with mags untill somthing better for me shows up. And im really happy i didnt get screwed too bad.also to note i got a deal on a revvi $20 from a friend so that about as good as one can hope for right?

hobbesTZ
08-20-2004, 10:18 AM
You paid around $75 too much.

warbeak2099
08-20-2004, 10:36 AM
I say keep it. Just get a ULE Body and a new barrel. Totally your decision though.

Dryden
08-20-2004, 01:10 PM
I think you did OK. You didn't get an awesome deal, but I don't think you got robbed either. $325 is what you would've paid to get all that one piece at a time, so I think you're even.

A Classic Valve w/ Level 10 can fetch ~$100. The I-Frame would be ~$75+, the rail & sear assembly would be at least $30+. Old PF body would average $35-40, and the barrels would go on eBay at about $25/ea. By my count, we're already at $290-$300, and that's not including the grip, drop, ASA, hoses, plus all the S/H fees.

If you weren't /aren't happy with it, I'd think you'd stand a decent chance of breaking even by parting it out, provided you do it sooner rather than later while the parts still have value. As a package though, $250-$275 would probably be more appropriate.

If you're really happy with the marker though, I'd put the barrels on eBay, the body here on AO's classifieds, try to get between $80-$100, and you'd be more than halfway to buying either a new or used ULE body and a 'Cocker threaded barrel or two.

Keep in mind that if you decide to dump what you've got and go with a RT-ULE, you'll have to use a compressed air setup. The RTP/X Valves will not run on CO2. You did not mention in your posts what type of air setup you're using, so keep this in mind before taking the plunge.

Bobbyboy
08-20-2004, 03:50 PM
wow thanks for the input everybody i its been alot of help. :)
Also i only use HPA since i got the mag since i sold my anti-siphoned tank to get it so thats no biggie.

PS: i gotta say im really impressed with AO Its so friendly here :cheers: